“Excellent Location”

Ranked #121 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

A friend invited me to join her on a shopping holiday covering a Thanksgiving and Black Friday so I took her up on her offer.

I have been to Orlando on four prior trips and have stayed in the Downtown Disney Resort area or in a Disney property, whilst this hotel wasn't as luxurious as those it was more than adequate for a non theme park trip hotel, we stayed in one of the two storey blocks very close to the swimming pool and vending machines.

The location on iDrive was perfect as we didn't have a car, within a very small distance was McDonalds, IHOP, Denny's, The Tilted Kilt, Panda Express, Burger King and Walgreens. Also in walking distance but slightly further along was Chilli's and TGI Friday's. Outside the International Drive entrance was a bus stop for both local buses and the iRide trolley, of which I used both, both were reliable and air conditioned (same side of road for destinations South and across the crossing for destinations North of the hotel).

Also within easy distance of the hotel was the Walmart Supercentre on Turkey Lake Road, a round trip with the taxi firm that is bookable from the front desk was $20 and takes 10-15 minutes each way depending on traffic.

As for the room it was lovely, kept clean by the brilliant housekeeping staff who could not do more to help you. One of the best features was the wet bar at the back of the room with an under counter fridge, a microwave, a sink and a large storage area with a door through to the toilet and bath/shower.

The pool was slightly chilly but a welcome chill on the warm (26 degrees C) days of which there were a few :) I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank zippidedoodah
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Excellent review, zippidedoodah!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Please visit us again soon. Black Friday again?

Thanks,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have stayed at the Rosen Inn (and previously as the Rodeway Inn), many times, and never had a problem before.
Upon checking in, I was told my room would be on the first floor. I went down the hall, which was where all the Housekeeping storage rooms and offices were. There were a lot of workers around, and it was quite loud. I opened the door to my room, which smelled like smoke, even though it is a non-smoking hotel. There were 2 double beds, and I put my suitcase on the bed I would not be sleeping on. I pulled back the sheets of the bed I was going to sleep in, and saw 2 hairs. I lifted the mattress, and saw a greater assortment of hairs, quite gross. I went out for a while, and came back that night. I opened my suitcase, and noticed something out of the corner of my eye on the white sheets. A few little bugs. Small like fruit flies, but they did not fly. I was freaked out, and sat at the table to think about what yo do. It was late to start looking for another hotel, and too late to drive on to my next day's destination. I noticed more of the bugs crawling on the table and on the walls. I looked at the bed I was going yo sleep in, but did not see any bugs in that bed.
I decide to tough it out until morning. It was a rough night. It was SO loud in the hall all night long with workers up and down and loudly conversing with one another. I get they have a job to do all night, but maybe don't put guest rooms in that hall?
I had previously really enjoyed this hotel because of the value for the money, free parking and location, but the bug situation really freaked me out, and the noise certainly didn't help matters.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the Housekeeping hallway, and check your room immediately for bugs and...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank trave1gal
Hello travel1gal!

I hope you know that this is definitely not the norm for the hotel and that you stopped and spoke with the hotel manager when you found the issues you talked about.

I am so sorry that your experience was less than perfect. We definitely strive for perfection but obviously didn’t hit the buzzer with you. I am so sorry. If you would like to speak to me more about the stay, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Nice hotel, clean comfortable rooms, enjoyed the swimming pool was a little cold tho. Did not eat at the hotel but fab location on i drive close to many restaurants including McDonald's etc, free shuttle bus goes to the parks but takes up to 1hr, good value would go back again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Number1lifeguard
Thanks so much, Number1lifeguard!

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate it so much.

Hope to see you again soon.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Let me start by saying, if you're headed to Orlando and you're looking for a good balance between room quality and price... you're in the same boat as I was, and the Rosen Inn does not disappoint, provided that you get a good room rate. I stayed for a week and a half at 60CAD/night, which I was happy with.

The rooms are clean, well equipped.. everything that's listed is provided: microwave, safe, coffee maker, fridge, AC, TV. It's ideal if you are on a budget and aren't eating out all the time. There is a mcdonalds, dennys and wallgreens a stones throw away, and the hotel rooms are good for keeping food and heating up simple stuff. I've never seen it for myself before, but a toaster oven would have made it perfect. The pool(s) are well maintained, with complimentary towels, a great way to relax. (They might get crowded during the summer, I stayed in February, and it was perfect - few people and just barely warm enough for a swim). The hotel has a few washers & dryers, they aren't free but IMO cheaper than coin laundry - it took about 2 hours for my GF to do a single load, and if there is a line, it might take longer, so it's not ideal but it's there if you need it.

Everything in the room worked as it was supposed to. The fridge was set a bit too cold and was more like a freezer, but it can probably be set right.

Improvements:
(These are mostly just nitpicking, and I would expect the rate to be higher if all of them were remedied, none of them are all that significant but are worth mentioning)

- Elevators are very slow to move and respond, it's faster taking the stairs unless you have heavy bags
- TV makes a loud annoying sound when being turned on or off, which isn't necessary
- The room is very dark at night or when curtains are closed, it could use better lights
- Front desk staff aren't too helpful with questions about attractions near Orlando (they are good with hotel-related stuff though)
- Hotel does not allow delivery to rooms, such as pizza (could be a security thing, if so, it's understandable)
- Room smells of cheap air freshener on entry (probably the case with most hotels), not necessary to spray things with fake perfume if everything is clean already.
- Breakfast not complimentary, better to get groceries from across the street and eat in your room.

Overall experience was good, I enjoyed myself. Hotel is 20-30mins walk from universal studios and many, many restaurants. The hotel offers 10% off on subsequent stays, which I might take advantage of if I ever visit Orlando again.

I would recommend this hotel to most people, although I have not stayed at any of the others in Orlando.

Room Tip: Good view of nightly theme park fireworks from 6th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate every word of your review, Tom T!

Thank you so much for sharing the improvements you thought was necessary.

I will forward them on to ensure they look into each and every one of them.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Safe travels,

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel as quality inn international in May 2006 & May 2008 with sister brother in law and then again with my son. Been a long time coming but i have finally booked again as a surprise for my husband for our 5th anniversary sept 2015. Booked so early TC can't yet confirm flights. (Oops!)

We cannot wait, my husband has never been to Florida and is so excited, who needs kids. This hotel is perfect for couples and families alike. The hotel is close to loads of attractions and the staff were fantastic.

Big perk to this hotel is that they have a fridge and microwave in rooms (please don't get rid of these) they are so useful when you had a busy day in the parks and just want to relax with a snack or an early morning cuppa coffee with fresh milk :-)

I have no doubts the standard will be just as high, anyone who grumbles about this hotel should maybe take a long hard look at what they want before they book. :-)

18 months and counting!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tiggerific71
Hi tiggerific71!

If there is anything I can do to make your third stay with us even better… hit me up!

I’m excited to help.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went to the quality inn in 2009,we spent 2 weeks there,it's close nough and just far enough away from all the attractions.the rooms are spacious and have huge air conditioners,lots to do in the hotel,nice bar,great pools,fab restaurant,highly reccomended.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank edgeleypark1
It has been a while since we have been called that name, edgeleypark1.

Same owner, same management, same staff….just an upgraded name!

Thank you for continually staying with us. Can’t wait to have you back in the future.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed at the Rosen Inn (then named Quality Inn International) in May 2013 for 21 days. We were highly satisfied with the room, staff and the location to all parks and night life. We got the floor we asked for. With the I-drive bus stop and Lynx bus stop outside the hotel we were able to travel easily until our family arrived with the hire car 1 week after. We are looking to book in May again and have this hotel in mind

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leadbe
Thanks Leadbe!

We appreciate that you took time out of your day to share your experience with us.

Please go ahead and book for May and let me know!

Have a fantastic day.