“Cheap and Cheerful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #119 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Cheerful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

For many years I wanted to travel to America, Florida being the chosen destination.

We stayed in this hotel in November and there was little if anything to complain about. We decided to stay in a budget hotel the majority of the holiday and then a luxury hotel for the remaining days.

We requested a high floor with view of the pool .. exactly what we got. The only pain here was the lift by the time it arrives you could have run up and down the stairs a few times over so it could be frustrating for those who have difficulty with the stairs

The outside generally is clean and plenty of out door space. The pool was clean and there was plenty of sunbeds for us, towels were available to grab at your own accord. The complex itself is huge, almost maze like, its a good job my partner is like a Sat Nav.

The reception staff were friendly, however those who work with the transport ad providing information need praise, several times we visited the desk and never did they fail to answer our questions. They arranged taxis, gave us maps to the parks etc. The buffet breakfast is handy as it is so close by however I felt it was just that little bit pricey when you could pay the same amount in a nearby restaurant for better quality. The shop on-site was also handy with plenty to offer.

The location could not have been better, Macdonald's literally on your doorstep with numerous other bars and restaurants. The I-ride is very helpful and worth the money. $2 a time or around $12 a week which is brilliant. Wet and wild and Sea World and just a quick ride away. We also took the I-ride to one of the shopping complex which I recommend. Plenty of shops and even a food court for when you need a break.

Finally, the rooms. The beds were very comfortable there was not a night where we did not sleep through, the air con was good and kept the room cool, the room was clean and the maids were there nearly everyday. The fridge and microwave were good to have. There was enough space to put clothes and shoes. The bathroom was basic but not once did we have trouble with the bath or shower. The rooms were in a nutshell good for a base while visiting the theme parks.

Overall, we was impressed with the hotel and the service considering the amount we paid. It is perfect for a base to stay especially as the majority of the time is spent in the theme parks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Amanda G
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
You are too kind to us, Amanda G!

Thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing the property.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Safe travels,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (927)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

firstly ignore any of the bad reviews on here!!!!!!!!!!
this hotel is absolutly brilliant and i just cant fault anything about it. i stopped here with my boyfriend last year for 2 weeks. we was looking for a cheap but good hotel and this is definitley that. the hotel rooms are brilliant and the beds are really comfy and the room was cleaned every single day and all the towels was changed and the beds made. the bathroom was very clean and always equipped. the coffee machine was great and there was always clean cups. the fridge is great for stocking drinks. the hotel grounds was always clean and the staff where really friendly and helpful especially the guy on the attractions desk! we was able to book travel at the attraction desk to the theme parks and the travel was always on time in the morning and was so quick and easy and hassle free. the hotel bar is a great atmosphere and great for a chilled night in! the restaurant food was brilliant especially the buffet breakfast! the hotel location is fantastic and close to everything inlcuding the worlds biggest mcdonalds next door! dennys is also next dor and i recommend this for breakfast we couldnt get enough! there is also a pub across the road that was great at night. it is literally situated in the best location with the i-ride stop right outside!
i would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a brilliant and cheap holiday!
we are returning here this may for another 2 weeks and can not wait for another brilliant stay!

thank you!!

Room Tip: if you can get a pool view room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Ashleigh M
Awe, you are so kind to say all of that, Ashleigh M!

Thank you so much for the amazing review.

Please visit us again soon. Anything you need… I’m here for you.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is very well situated in Orlando to visit all the parks and entertainment, the hotel is very clean and has ample parking. We ate at the hotel a few times and the food standard was good. The rooms are basic and dated however they are more than adequate for this type of holiday.

1 Thank Longtravellers
Thanks, Longtravellers.

We appreciate your feedback. Hope you visit us again in the near future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

If feeling safe and having privacy is important to you, do not stay here. If you are looking for comfort and convenience, do not stay here.

Here are the issues we experienced:
-During the overall check-in experience we were questioned if we had the right place, then told that our reservation was lost, for which the front desk clerk blamed Universal.
-at the transportation/guest services counter, we were asked if we wanted to "make a hundred dollars" after we had waited 15 minutes at check-in, after a 6 hour drive.
-also at the guest services counter, we were told not to use the shuttle service here because it cost $17 and parking everywhere was only $16.
-the "look" of this place was not at all what we expected, very disappointing. I wasn't pleased with the area the 'hotel' was in either.
-the walls were paper thin, we could hear everything out in the parking lot and the rooms next to ours. Everyone walking by the front door sounded like they were in our room. I felt that we had very little privacy. I wasn't even comfortable changing my clothes in my room.
-the front door is too small all the way around the door jam, letting in light in the morning and god knows what else (see pictures).
-having no elevator is unheard of, how does this establishment meet requirements for individuals with disabilities?
-inadequate parking, on Saturday we had to park a quarter of a mile from our room.
-cracks in the walls between where the air conditioner and wall meet.
-a door key card reader that stopped reading our key for which we contacted front desk, security came, we waited about 20 minutes to have the battery changed. It was incredibly uncomfortable to have strangers in my room like this. Funny enough, we were never asked to give identification that this was our room. The only way they could tell was after they changed the batteries and then asked for our key card to make sure the battery worked.
-we were almost the furthest room away from the front desk area. We were never told where breakfast was served, but it wouldn't really have been convenient for us anyways.
-I can't even say, "At least the room was clean" because it really wasn't. The sink was dirty, there was some sticky stuff on the toilet seat and the blankets and carpet were stained. When we checked in we were told the place was completely booked, so I just broke out the Clorox wipes and cleaned the bathroom and sink area. The whole room looked like it needed a deep cleaning.

I saw here on Trip Advisor that a manager replies to some reviews and leaves his e-mail address. During my stay I sent him an e-mail with the information that I wrote in this review. I got an auto-reply, so I forwarded the e-mail on to another address and two days later, as we were packing the car to leave, a manager called me to ask if we wanted another nights stay or discounts on a future stay (which was nice). I let the women know that we were not looking for anything like that, we just hoped that some one acknowledged the issues and would fix them.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Royal5555
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We truly appreciate your review. Although you did speak with a manager while at the hotel, your review will be forwarded to further research any goods and services that may need to be researched.
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed at the Rosen Inn International Jan 15th to the 20th. The room (I asked for and got a room over looking the pool 2224) was spacious and clean. All the staff I had contact with from the front desk to servers to cleaning staff were always friendly polite and very helpful. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again. Thanks for a great time in Orlando!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking pools it can be noisy at the front of the hotel as the motorway is right...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Your welcome! Thank you for choosing us here at Rosen Inn International. Our staff really does strive to give the best services possible. Please come back again.
OTTAWA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed from Jan 12 - 19, 2014. Booked with Westjet and and I was really impressed with the service. Arrived at the Hotel at 10:00pm. Check in took about 3 minutes. I had called the hotel a week prior and requested a courtyard room in one of the two story buildings. We were given room 1236 on the second floor facing the courtyard half way between the pool and the lobby. Perfect location, close to pool, lobby and our parking area. I found the rooms large with super comfortable beds. I found the rooms super quiet, didn't hear any outside noise the whole week. WIFI was great. TV had lots of channels. The pool is heated which was great as the temp hovered around 65. There are two pools with loads of loungers and tables with umbrella's. There is also a kids pool (not heated). The lobby has a guest service desk which sells tickets. I used it twice to book the shuttle to Universal and buy a week pass for the trolley. Not once did the topic of time shares come up. I found the staff very helpful. The bar is open daily from 5pm to 1 am. There are 5 tv's tuned into sports, 2 pool tables. It is a great place to meet other guests. There is also a great store in the lobby. They sell pretty much every thing you could need without leaving the hotel. Keep in mind that there are several stores just outside the hotel. I only ate at the buffet once as there were so many restaurant within walking distance. Keep in mind the hotel adds 12% gratuity to all food and drinks. The bar and restaurant staff are very nice but i don't think the tip should automatically be included. This hotel is in a really great location to get anywhere. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hotel to couples or families traveling to Orlando.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the lower level facing the courtyard but I don't think there there are any bad...
8 Thank Denis C
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
It's great that you were happy with your stay. We are so pleased when our first time guests say they received more than they expected and will come back again. Thanks for all the details too, future guests appreciate the information.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights. It is a 5 minutes away from the Universal parks and very close to some excellent outlets too.

The rooms have everything you need, tv, fridge, microwave, hair dryer, safe, etc. The service was good, the girls at reception could be friendlier but they weren't that bad.

There is a small arcade, small gym and a bar with pool tables so it's a nice addition.

Theres is also an all you can eat breakfast for 7$, it's as good as any other hotel breakfast we've had.

Of course since it's close to the parks there's a lot of children running around and making noise but the good thing about children is they sleep at night so everybody else can sleep too ;)

There's nothing really wrong about this hotel we would stay there again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank j0ker18
We here at Rosen Inn International thank you for choosing us! We are in a perfect location with all the amenities the family needs. We'll see you next time.