“Could not have been much better”

Rosen Inn International
Ranked #122 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Rocky Mount, NC
“Could not have been much better”
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Dude, was scared to stay at this hotel after reading such negative reviews. I really had a very plesant time and nothing but good experiences to speak of. Arrived on Sunday the third, wasn't scheduled to arrive until Monday th 4th...was able to get a room with no problems, and was able to keep the same room the remainder of my/our stay. We were second floor pool side. heard a few excited kids come by the room in late evening, but who is not excited after spending all day with The HULK or MiICKEY MOUSE. I am trying to figure what the folks with the negative reviews wanted, heck like anywhere else I've stayed with a bed, A/C, and a bath...life is good, but the added feature of a fridge and microwave were nice touches. Saw no aunts or other insects in the bed, but an occassional lizard or 2 on the grounds, but they were more of a thing of beauty than a problem. Both pools were clean and the grounds well manicured. Any kinnda food u had a desire for was within walking distance. Very, Very pleasant experience, do intend on staying there again. Less than a mile from Universal and a really easy drive down I-Drive. Let me add as a final note, if u r gonna do the Universal Park, please call the park and look into the meal deal, wow...All u can eat, at select eateries throughout both parks, can really save a bundle.Staff were plesant during check in / out, and liked the fact they had on site security. Thanks for the experience QUALITY INN, we will be back.

• Liked — the entire experience was nice enough/ nothing bad to say
  • Disliked — vacation time ran out, back to work on 08/11/08
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank rmtbrownz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (974)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
gb
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel every year since 2001 and have never experienced any problems with the hotel or the staff.

Whenever we have needed something the staff have been very efficent and friendly it is nice to see the same faces when you return year in year out.

As a family we love this hotel for its central location and the friendly welcome. We will be coming back for many years to come.

• Liked — Friendly Staff and Location
  • Disliked — No Kids Club
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank tink30
D.C.
Reviewed August 6, 2008

When we decided to extend our vacation I couldn't pass up the 50% military discount on the billboard! I first checked online and was given a price about $40 more than what I got when I called to make a reservation (and this was before the discount). So fellow military folks. If you are going to do Universal and SeaWorld more the Disney, consider this place! If not, you won't beat Shades of Green.

The room? About what you'd expect for the price. Two double beds that should have been retired years ago. A decent albeit SMALL bathroom, and tiny sink area. Two good pools, although we only used one of them (between Bldg 3000 and 2000). I was told the pool I didn't use was a good wading pool for smaller children.

The hotel does not have free internet in the rooms and that should be corrected. You can go to the lobby for free wi-fi or pay the $9 a night for a wired connection in your room.

The restaurant looked good and we would have eaten there the last day. The breakfast buffet will beat Sizzler on I-Drive (don't do it). The bar there seemed decent too. I just brought my own beer, call me cheap!

Reserve the shuttle ahead of time! It goes quickly. Just realize it is free and not a deluxe ride.

• Liked — Proximity to Universal and free shuttle
  • Disliked — Proximity to I-Drive and it's congested traffic
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
yorkshire
Reviewed August 5, 2008

The rooms were dark very depressing. very dirty in need of a total revamp. only stayed for 2 nights at beginning holiday and 1 night end of holiday. never again. first impressions from reception looks okay ,rooms somthing to be desired.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank YorkshireTinkerbell
Scotland
Reviewed August 3, 2008

just returned from a two week holiday staying at the Quality Inn. Was a bit apprehensive about going after reading some of the reviews on trip advisor so it was a surprise to get there and find cheery helpful reception staff and a very clean room. room was cleaned every day and towels changed everyday. we stayed on the 6th floor of the 3000 building overlooking the car park and macdonalds but cant say we found it noisy. Preferred on this floor as you didnt have everyone passing your window like you would on the ground floor with people going back and forward to the hotel lobby and pools. Two pools with plenty of loungers and lots of towels available for guests so you didnt have to take your own with you.

Didnt try food in the hotel as there are plenty of eating places on i drive which are all reasonably priced. If you get the chance try Fridays Grill and Sports Bar which do fabulous meals or bar snacks and friendly staff.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and can honestly say we had no complaints.

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank nicdaz
GLASGOW
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Stayed here for 2 weeks form 26th June. Mexicans or Peurto Ricans, I don't know which, were a real pain as they don't talk, they shout. There were 4 families staying next to us and were very loud for the first 2 nights into the early hours. They were outside their rooms and on our first night after a long flight, this was the last thing we wanted. They stopped after 2 nights although they were still all congregating in front of their rooms late in the evening but a lot quieter. Always opening and closing doors late at night so a blessing when they left.

We tried breakfast once in the restaurant but not fussed so ate away from it after this. Denny's & Perkins were great for the breakfast. Perkins, TGIs, Tony Romas & Chillis were great for evening meals. Cicis pizza just across the road was good for a lunch but we only did this once as too much. The cakes in Perkins are to die for especially the coconut cream and the keylime - mmmmmm.

Been to Orlando twice before in May & April and will go these times again if I go back for a fourth visit as lots of rain in July. I knew it would be like this but it spoils it a little just the same.

What a bummer when we discovered World of Denim on I-Drive had closed down. Used to love this shop as they would carry out alterations whilst you waited so ideal.

All in all, enjoyed it again but would probably try a different hotel next time or maybe a villa again like on my second visit.

• Liked — Pool Was Great
  • Disliked — Not Enough Sunbeds For A Hotel Of It's Size
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank HOOPYTHEHUDDLEHOUND
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 1, 2008

This hotel was not what I expected of a Rosen property. Upon check-in the staff could not find my reservation. Thank God I had a hard copy of my reservation confirmation with me. It took me four time to get into my room due to some sort of malfunction with the door to the room. The room was full of mold and was not in the best condition.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — condition of room and hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business