“Value for money”

Ranked #122 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Derby
“Value for money”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

For the price of this hotel the quality is Brilliant. The rooms are large and clean, and the location of the hotel can't be beaten, right in the centre of international drive! The free bus to Universal Studios is good but you need to make sure you book early to get the times that you want. The same goes for the transport to Disney which costs $17 return which we found a little pricey but the shuttles were always on time and the drivers were very good and knowledgeable about the parks and strategies for tackling them. The little shop on site was good for just grabbing a bite to eat quickly before you head off early morning to the parks. Overall a very good hotel and excellent value for money. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JStamp878

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (973)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, Nebraska
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Was very happy with this hotel. Nice, clean and good size for the low price and great location. Iride trolley pickup right in front of hotel. Our room looked out over the courtyard on the second floor. Has all the amenties you would need in your room. Coffee maker, microwave, fridge, iron w/ board and blow dryer. Even though just returning already starting to plan vacation for next year and this will be the place we will be staying at.
Couple of things that I may note that caused me to only give a very good review instead of excellent is that if you stay in the courtyard part of the hotel and have problems with stairs make sure to request the bottom floor as there is no elevator to the second floor so you have to carry your luggage up 2 flights of stairs. Also there is no hot tub at this hotel. After walking all day at the attractions a hot tub would feel great to soak in but not a deal crusher.
I cannot give any reviews in regards to the places to eat at hotel as we did not eat on premises however did find the prices for drinks a little steep. For one beer and common cocktail was $14+change.
I definately recomend this hotel and I am a very picky person. Enjoy your stay if you get the chance to stay there.

6 Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed there for a week. We thought that value for the price was excellent. Couldn't fault it. Plus we had two complementary breakfast, dinner and a drink each. Which is a bonus. Food was nice and waffles were to die for. It has a fridge and a microwave in a room. Lovely and friendly staff. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Vaida123
Ottawa
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn international over March Break. At first glance, I thought it might be a little dated, however, the rooms were updated, modern, and clean. The staff was extremely nice, professional, and helpful. The pools were great. It's conveniently located to everything from restaurants to shops. The IDrive trolley is just outside the hotel, and takes you up and down IDrive (ending at both Outlet shopping malls) They have a complementary shuttle to Universal, and Seaworld. The convenience store was surprisingly not overpriced. Over all a great stay!!

Highly recommended!

São Paulo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It’s the standard affordable American hotel.

Well located, if you have a car. If you don’t – which I do not recommend in Orlando – you better stay at a hotel the offers shuttle to all parks. There’s a Quality Inn at Sandlake Road, if I remember correctly, that offers both free breakfast and shuttles to all parks. Not this one. Shuttle only to Universal and you have to pay for breakfast. I tried neither, so I can’t comment on them. Same about the pool, the shop, the bar and the game room.

Quality Inn is composed by four or five buildings. The ones with two floors apparently have no elevator, but the ones with six floors thankfully offer elevators to guests. Kind of shabby, slow elevators, but they work.

The room faces the balcony, so curtains must be closed all the time. The room comes with two beds, standard décor, microwave, refrigerator, coffee making facilities, iron, safe, air conditioner and wi-fi (crashes a lot). The mattress gave me backache but my boyfriend had no problem with it. All in all, we liked the room, but not the bathroom. The towels are tiny!!!

Inside the bedroom you can listen to people talking in the balcony – and people talk a lot in the balcony – but no noise from my neighbors or the streets.

Cleanliness is not the high point of the hotel. I left tips everyday, but apparently that’s no incentive for a better job. That was a major disappointment.

The restaurant inside the hotel is ok, and there are lots of places to eat nearby.

The staff could be more helpful. I had a problem with a package that was sent for me and they kept insisting it wasn’t there because instead of searching by name, like I asked, they searched by room number.

Free parking!!! With security!!!

To sum up, if you have a car and are looking just for a place to crash after a long day at the parks and outlets, Quality Inn will do the job. That was my boyfriend’s spirit and he thought Quality Inn was great, except for the bathroom and the cleaning. But men don’t really care about those things. Me, I am harder to please, so I qualify the hotel as just ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Myself, my partner, my best friend and her partner stayed here for 2 weeks in sept. We went for the whole Disney theme park holiday. On arrival we were checked in quickly and shown to our rooms which were all the way at the other end of the hotel. We had 2 rooms next to each other and were right next to international drive road which for some it may discourage them but I loved being that close to the exit for the hotel. The hotel is right opposite I Hop which is amazing! right next to Denny's and has a bus stop right outside. i personally think this hotel has the best location. it is right in the middle of i drive. 10 minutes drive to universal, 10 minutes drive to sea world/discovery dove and about 30 minutes to Disney. They have the i drive trolley which takes you up and down it and has connecting bus's to Disney. I would personally recommend hiring a car for the whole time. We had a car for the last 9 days and wished we had had it the whole time, It takes about 40-50 minutes to get 2 bus's to Disney which was fine on the way there but on the way back your really tired and not guaranteed a seat which wasn't very nice. You will probably pay more for a car i.e. petrol and parking as well as the hire cost but its so much more convenient and comfortable. The rooms themselves were very spacious with 2 double beds a vanity area with a sick, hair-dryer, microwave and fridge(which was amazing to have for stocking up on cheap drinks from Walgreen). the bathroom had a big bath/shower and we had new towels daily. We left the air con on all day so when we came back to the room it was so nice walking into an ice box. Our air-con was very noisey though so we turned it off when we went to sleep but in the middle of the night we got very hot and had to turn it back on again to give it a burst of cold then turn it off. Our friends air con wasn't noisey. we didn't use any of their facilities like their game room or restaurant so i cant comment. But we did use the pool a few times, it was nothing special but nice to jump into after a long day walking around the parks. we ate out every night, a few restaurants in walking distance of the hotel are Denny's, TGI Friday, McDonalds, chilli (we went here about 5 times - amazing!) uno, and many more which I cant remember there's also lots of bars in walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going for a Disney holiday and when we go back we will be staying here aigin. Its the 1 of the cheapest on I drive but has an amazing location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Georgettesmith
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arrived early evening with no queue at the check in desk, dealt with swiftly and very politely by staff. Allotted a 2nd floor room over looking the fountain, which they turn off at night so as not to disturb guests. The rooms have been refurbished since the last time we stayed, which was several years ago. Rooms are a good size, beds are comfy, good size TV and air conditioning was quite.
Useful fridge, microwave and coffee making machine. Bathroom wasn't massive but in good working order.
The whole place was well cleaned and the room smelt fresh.
Good place to stay with plenty of restaurants etc within walking distance.

Room Tip: I'd try and get a 2nd floor room just because I'm not keen on being at ground level in a hot...