“Just a place to rest after the parks”

Rosen Inn International
Ranked #124 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It’s the standard affordable American hotel.

Well located, if you have a car. If you don’t – which I do not recommend in Orlando – you better stay at a hotel the offers shuttle to all parks. There’s a Quality Inn at Sandlake Road, if I remember correctly, that offers both free breakfast and shuttles to all parks. Not this one. Shuttle only to Universal and you have to pay for breakfast. I tried neither, so I can’t comment on them. Same about the pool, the shop, the bar and the game room.

Quality Inn is composed by four or five buildings. The ones with two floors apparently have no elevator, but the ones with six floors thankfully offer elevators to guests. Kind of shabby, slow elevators, but they work.

The room faces the balcony, so curtains must be closed all the time. The room comes with two beds, standard décor, microwave, refrigerator, coffee making facilities, iron, safe, air conditioner and wi-fi (crashes a lot). The mattress gave me backache but my boyfriend had no problem with it. All in all, we liked the room, but not the bathroom. The towels are tiny!!!

Inside the bedroom you can listen to people talking in the balcony – and people talk a lot in the balcony – but no noise from my neighbors or the streets.

Cleanliness is not the high point of the hotel. I left tips everyday, but apparently that’s no incentive for a better job. That was a major disappointment.

The restaurant inside the hotel is ok, and there are lots of places to eat nearby.

The staff could be more helpful. I had a problem with a package that was sent for me and they kept insisting it wasn’t there because instead of searching by name, like I asked, they searched by room number.

Free parking!!! With security!!!

To sum up, if you have a car and are looking just for a place to crash after a long day at the parks and outlets, Quality Inn will do the job. That was my boyfriend’s spirit and he thought Quality Inn was great, except for the bathroom and the cleaning. But men don’t really care about those things. Me, I am harder to please, so I qualify the hotel as just ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rosen Inn International

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Myself, my partner, my best friend and her partner stayed here for 2 weeks in sept. We went for the whole Disney theme park holiday. On arrival we were checked in quickly and shown to our rooms which were all the way at the other end of the hotel. We had 2 rooms next to each other and were right next to international drive road which for some it may discourage them but I loved being that close to the exit for the hotel. The hotel is right opposite I Hop which is amazing! right next to Denny's and has a bus stop right outside. i personally think this hotel has the best location. it is right in the middle of i drive. 10 minutes drive to universal, 10 minutes drive to sea world/discovery dove and about 30 minutes to Disney. They have the i drive trolley which takes you up and down it and has connecting bus's to Disney. I would personally recommend hiring a car for the whole time. We had a car for the last 9 days and wished we had had it the whole time, It takes about 40-50 minutes to get 2 bus's to Disney which was fine on the way there but on the way back your really tired and not guaranteed a seat which wasn't very nice. You will probably pay more for a car i.e. petrol and parking as well as the hire cost but its so much more convenient and comfortable. The rooms themselves were very spacious with 2 double beds a vanity area with a sick, hair-dryer, microwave and fridge(which was amazing to have for stocking up on cheap drinks from Walgreen). the bathroom had a big bath/shower and we had new towels daily. We left the air con on all day so when we came back to the room it was so nice walking into an ice box. Our air-con was very noisey though so we turned it off when we went to sleep but in the middle of the night we got very hot and had to turn it back on again to give it a burst of cold then turn it off. Our friends air con wasn't noisey. we didn't use any of their facilities like their game room or restaurant so i cant comment. But we did use the pool a few times, it was nothing special but nice to jump into after a long day walking around the parks. we ate out every night, a few restaurants in walking distance of the hotel are Denny's, TGI Friday, McDonalds, chilli (we went here about 5 times - amazing!) uno, and many more which I cant remember there's also lots of bars in walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going for a Disney holiday and when we go back we will be staying here aigin. Its the 1 of the cheapest on I drive but has an amazing location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Georgettesmith
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arrived early evening with no queue at the check in desk, dealt with swiftly and very politely by staff. Allotted a 2nd floor room over looking the fountain, which they turn off at night so as not to disturb guests. The rooms have been refurbished since the last time we stayed, which was several years ago. Rooms are a good size, beds are comfy, good size TV and air conditioning was quite.
Useful fridge, microwave and coffee making machine. Bathroom wasn't massive but in good working order.
The whole place was well cleaned and the room smelt fresh.
Good place to stay with plenty of restaurants etc within walking distance.

Room Tip: I'd try and get a 2nd floor room just because I'm not keen on being at ground level in a hot...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drugman1962
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We first stayed at the Quality Inn Int in 1990 , not a lot has changed over 23 years, but that's not a bad thing. Our room was clean the staff helpful and polite, and all we do is sleep and shower there so it's perfect. The location on the map is slightly out, the hotel is located on the corner of International Dr and Sand Lake Rd, with I4 running behind it. The location allows you easy access to all attractions and to walk to several eating places. Good security there too as this part of International Dr has gone down hill a little over the years, but don't let that put you off staying there, we would stay again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

seen a lot of bad post about this hotel i for one have no problem with it. yes the rooms are on the small side and a little basic you get what you pay for. i have stayed her 5 times before and will be staying there again this yr..i have not found it dirty or staff un-helpfull at all!!!!

when i was there last they were working on the bar area that would be my only (small) moan but has not stopped me from going back this year..the hotel is alos in a good location more or less in the middle of i-drive some body said it,s the rough area and did not feel safe...what a load of utter nonsence

Room Tip: we have always asked for an upstair room so no-one is above us and also a room at the i-drive side o...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank snidey
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We are very excited to welcome you back this year. You will have to let us know what you think about the improvements we have made since our renovations last year.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for a week as a base to see universal studios.to be honest we found it quite good in terms all basic amenities.there a laundrette close by,wifi in reception sometimes to rooms.we didint have any food at this hotel(so no comments there) as there was plenty food courts nearby and we didnt spend much on food as we were really tired after everyday.we used the lynx buses outside and did not depepnd on the shuttle buses.overall great stay

Room Tip: choose one close to reception to get wifi in room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chackos
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Orlando, we stayed for 2 weeks and it was great holiday.

This hotel is great, clean rooms, friendly staff and most of all great location.

The rooms were lovely, nicely decorated and had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and large flat screen TV. Beds were comfy and the bathroom was great.

Pool was decent and we'll maintained. Our room was cleaned daily and all the staff we spoke too were friendly and helpful.

It's situated on international drive, right by shops and plenty of restaurants. Also the trolley bus stops right outside which is great for travelling the length of International Drive and for a visit to Sea world.

The hotel also offered a few shuttle service to Universal.

We had both breakfast and dinner in the hotel on our second day and both were very good, service both times was excellent.

If I visit Orlando again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012