“Excellent value for the price”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
Ranked #135 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Homestead, Florida
“Excellent value for the price”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here and for the cost, it was a spectacular value. It was within walking distance (2-5 min walk) from a large assortment of restaurants and was central to Universal, Disney, & SeaWorld (our destination). The room was clean and a good size included two double/queen beds and a large sofabed. I can't say enough about the staff who were very friendly and eager to help, even when there were a lot of folks checking in at once. There is a pool and laundry area which was nice and a decent continental breakfast in the morning. The only negative for me was the exercise room which was smaller than my walk-in closet at home and had only two exercise bikes and a broken treadmill. If it was my hotel, I probably wouldn't bother with the exercise room unless I had the space to properly kit it out. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to come back.

1 Thank Kellie S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Kellie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. It is also great to know that you enjoyed your clean room and the service our staff provided. Still, I’m really sorry about the broken treadmill in the exercise room. We are working with our vendor to repair this machine as soon as possible.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to hopefully having you as our guest again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Piracicaba, SP
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The hotel is located "in the heart" of orlando. Close to good restaurants on international drive and with easy access to interstate 4 (main highway for access to parks), north to (universal, outlet's) Southern to (disney, sea world, down town, outlet's). As the traffic there is wonderful, usually no more than 15 minutes north or south. The hotel staff is very helpful. I would emphasize the care of "Janete-reception", who always treated me and my wife with much attention and affection.

3 Thank CALEFFI68
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I’m glad to hear that you found our staff, especially Jeanette, to be helpful during your stay with us. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am happy that we were able to meet that goal. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The rooms are comfortable, but the hotel doesn't look completly clean. Is a crear localización. The complementary breakfast is the same everyday. During my stay the housekeeping never cleaned my room. The staff were ver y friendly.

1 Thank lourdes v
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your comfortable room, our friendly staff and our convenient location. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast and the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping service did not meet your needs. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America in the future.
Brasiiia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

No daily room service as before. The external room area (including corridos, stairs, elevators) was all the same, very dirty. The NEW POLICY (NEWLY RENOVATED) match with the other ESD for many days with no room service for 7 days, just one or two light service if you stay for more than 7 days, meaning trash removal and towel change, the same as nothing. During my stay, the TV channel was changed with a DISH message (prefer not copy here) with no previous advise. I also realize the housekeeping is probably at each 7 days for the elevators, corridors and stays, because I found bad odor in corridor and stairs. I felt like an idiot with the non helpful staff. They also charge you on US$5 per received box ou another bucks for in room safe.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, far away the elevator.
2 Thank Marciobrasilia
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I am very sorry that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know, our housekeeping policy has not changed; we offer service once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights and in between upon request for a minimal fee. As well, we are more than happy to exchange dirty linens or towels for clean ones at the front desk. It is also our policy to charge $5 per package. I apologize if this was not communicated to you properly and will work with the staff to ensure it is at check-in moving forward.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I truly hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The room is not bad in size and looks updated; however, they need to change the sheets for new guests. Our experience began when we were assigned to a room that was already occupied by other people, then the front desk agent switched us to another that like I mentioned before need it clean sheets. We noticed hairs and one of the pillows had lipstick ( I guess). The other situation We did not like it was the fact that they have a cleaning policy that they only do it at the time of check out and the garbage outside the hallways.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandro G
Sandro – Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I apologize that you were initially given an occupied room. As well, I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your sheets did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I apologize that our housekeeping policy was not explained to you upon checking in. We offer service once a week for guests staying eight or more nights; however, housekeeping services are always available upon request for a minimal fee.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided, as it will enable us to continue improving our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Almost perfect... I did not like the breakfast area and garbage being taken out to the hallways . Location is great ( close to International Drive) , rooms are large, shuttle to the Disney parks is a big plus.

1 Thank Diana R
Diana – Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, shuttle service, and your spacious room. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be considered as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. As well, I am sorry that you experienced some garbage in the hallway. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue is resolved. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
hull
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here for a family holiday to Disney World and am so glad my package company chose this hotel. The staff were extremely friendly, the room was large enough for the 6 of us without tripping over each other and the complimentary continental breakfast was great. There was a selection of cereals, different flavoured porridges, toast, muffins, fresh fruit, tea, coffee and juices and they alternated between waffles and bagels. They also had boiled eggs on alternate days, so was a really good way to fill up before heading of for a day at the parks. The shuttle for disney world was prompt and the drivers friendly.

Was located just of International Drive so was perfect for taking a walk down the famous drive.

Overall had a brilliant holiday. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Will definitely be back with rest of family.

5 Thank HullSamanthaB