WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #123 of 333 Hotels in Orlando
Edgewater, Florida
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Loved it here! It's a lot like the Lake Buena Vista stay. We'll be back next year for MegaCon 2014. It was really close to the convention center, fairly easy to find. There is a jacuzzi, which is not mentioned on their site. The pool is nice, but not very deep. It only gets to about 5ft, which is all right. The rooms are very cozy and nice, a lot like home since we stay at Extended Stay's fairly often. The place is very welcoming and exciting to arrive to, it feels safe.

The staff--lemme say, was amazing! We were greeted by Peterson when we arrived and he was just crazy fun to talk to! He knew about MegaCon and had been wanting to go, so we talked like old friends throughout our stay. He was very accommodating and we had absolutely no issues checking in. He was funny, personable and he kind of made me sad to leave! I can't rave enough about how great he was to talk to. Don't let Peterson go!

I attached images I took of the pool from the room. I had taken some of the actual room but I'm afraid I can't find them now.

1 Thank Emma S
Ramon L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We take guest feedback very seriously as it is one of the best tools that can help us improve.
I’m very happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Peterson is indeed a terrific employee and he goes above and beyond at every guest interaction. Although we are not a five star hotel, our service sure can be of one. Peterson is a great example of that… His customer service is genuine, not scripted!
Thank you again for providing us with your feedback.
We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Ramon Lima

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
haines city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was there,for 3 nights and 4 days and all the personel was great, the service ,the food, the cleaness of the hotel.I,will recomend this place to families withs kids I was there with my 4 grandkids.from 12to4 yrs of age never been an anicer place thank you!

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ramon L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
I'm very happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel and its services. I am personally very proud of every member of my team, especially each member’s commitment to the most personalized, caring and individualized service possible.
I will definitely share your review with all team members, with my thanks for another job well done.
Thank you again for writing a review.

ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotels good but there's no children's pool & the shallow end of the pool is 3ft so not really suitable for young children. Can't fault the hotel rooms are large & kitchen is brill. Pool suited us as we were all adults. Would definatly recommend & will definatly return

2 Thank unhappychappyIreland
Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were given a comp stay because we stayed at an extended stay previously and had an issue with our toliet and they told us because we travel so much they felt bad about what we expereinced through our stay and they will give us a comp for a one night stay. I was very hesistant to use the comp here in Orlando but we decided to try and give it another try. We checked into our unit and the unit was actually really nice. The furniture looked good, the place was very clean, the beds were soft but the A/C was broken in the unit. We called the girl at the front desk to ask if someone could fix it and she said that everyone has left for the day and there is nothing that she can do. It was so hot! It was ridiculous. I called her back asking if she could send a fan or something that they can do and she said basically it is too bad and it could be fixed in the morning but we were leaving in the morning!

We tried to sleep through the night but we were constantly waking up because it was so hot in the room. We tried opening all the windows but it didn't help and many bugs flew into the unit because there is no mesh on the windows. I was very upset and then the next morning when I went to check out the guy at the desk had no clue that the A/C was broken in our unit. Lack of communication! The check out person was so friendly but the girl running the desk that check us in was very unprofessional she doesn't know how to do her job which is being hospitable because she works in hospitality industry!

The stay would of been ok if we at least got an apology but instead we got a nasty attitude and nothing done. NEVER STAY WITH EXTENDED STAY HOTELS! Everything breaks, not enough proper staffing and they don't seem to know what customer services is. I have been working in hotels for 5 years and I know that this is not how you treat your customers! RIDICULOUS!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a non smoking floor, you can smell the smoke in all the hallways.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Samanta R
Ramon L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Samanta,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Although I was happy to hear that we met (hopefully exceeded) your expectations in some areas, I was sorry to learn that we disappointed in you in others.
I’m really sorry that the AC unit in your room was not working and that the problem was handled poorly by one of our staff members. I have conducted an investigation and learned that the issue was passed along to our maintenance department to follow up in the morning. However, I’m disappointed at my staff for not offering you an apology.
I will be personally coaching this employee on how to handle situations like this in order to avoid incidents like this of happening in the future.
Again, please accept my apologies and thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

the room is good and the location is very convenient. Considering its price, the hotel deserve excellent.The restaurant has no table, so breakfast can only be taken to my room. The coffee is good, and the front desk is very helpful and nice.
the hotel provide shuttle to Disney, and the shuttle only can take us to Epcot, so it maybe a little inconvenient to get other theme parks.
I love the kitchen and the sofa bed in my room because they offers good vacation for four people with limited funds.

Room Tip: the shuttle is only to the epcot. if you want to get MK, you should take the light rail. but the lig...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
West Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

First night I got there, the toilet was running the whole night. I told the front desk on my way out the first day and it was fixed when I came back. Throughout the night for the first 3 nights I heard a loud rumbling sound - it sounded like it could be an air conditioner compressor turning on and off. It was sporadic, but enough to keep me up the first 2 nights. The 3rd night I lost power to my room from about 11:00p to 8:10a. I called the front desk when it first happened and they said they would send someone up. No one showed up. It was late, so I went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, still no power. I called the front desk again and they said it would be fixed when maintenance arrived - at 8:00.
Breakfast was minimal, fruit, breads, cold cereal.
Pool area was ok, when I went to go to hot tub, found candy wrapper floating on top. Not my best experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DaLostTraVeler
Ramon L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear D V,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.
I’m deeply sorry about the issues you encountered during your stay. It is quite disappointing to me that my staff failed to handle some of the problems on a timely manner. There is absolutely no excuse for this and I will address this issue to my entire staff in order to prevent this of happening to another guest.
In regards to the loud rumbling sound, it is indeed an AC compressor turning on and off. Those units are spread around the building and I’m sorry your room was close to one of them. I don’t know whether or not you brought up this issue to my staff but if you did, I really hope they offered to move you to another room right away.
Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. Our guest feedback is key for helping us improve every day.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great place for the value. Excellent location. Clean rooms. Nice staff at the front desk (I loved Savannah, so kind and professional at the same time) and the cleaning staff is very smiling and efficient ! Coffee pretty good downstairs 24h a day.
I think that reception open 24/24 is an extra perk !
Highly recommend !!
Lots of tourists who make the place special !!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view from the 3rd floor and did not have noise above ! Bring soap and shampoo, not ve...
Dear Helen,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay.
Our guest feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your review by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.
Thank you also for your positive comments about our cleaning staff and Savannah. I am personally very proud of every member of the team, especially each member’s commitment to the most personalized, caring and individualized service possible.
I will definitely share your review with my housekeeping staff and also Savannah.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.