Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
Ranked #170 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just felt our stay was Ok. Reception staff were always very polite and our room was always cleaned well, BUT, buffet breakfast very welcome but you had to eat it by the pool,chilly in the morning or as a lot of people were doing,take it to your room.The carpets in the stairwells and corridors therefore were disgusting! We did sleep well after the 3rd night when a lot of Brazilians left,think they must be deaf as they just seem to shout at each other in the evening.Well placed for the attractions but would only stay there again if refurbished.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian R, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

SussexTrisha,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not completely satisfying. In response to your feedback, I am happy to say this property will be going through a renovation. It is currently scheduled to start mid June, it should have minimal impact on our guests as we will be doing it floor by floor starting with the 3rd floor. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at briccardi@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel , or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I hope the manager understand this is not a bad review for itself, but an opportunity to provide better service.
I went ESD Convention Center 5th times in the last 5 years (1,5 weeks average). Last time was December, 28 and was terrible. I never felt so bad. As a Brazilian I really know the brazilians are noisy and sometime not very polite. But it's not something the people from front desk can judge only because I'm from Brazil I'm noisy and not polite. I don't like to hear someone saying bad things about my country, even accepting some brazilian as very bad examples. I hear that from the frontdesk on 28th December 10pm. Other very bad complain was about the noise from the elevator, I was in a room in front of the elevator at 3th floor. The bathroom tube was clogged, the dishwasher was brokken and the corridor was very dirty, the staff at breakfast absolutely not friendly. I never receive an apologize for any inconvenient.I will, probably, never return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Marciobrasilia

Dear Marcio,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your continued business. We understand that travelers have many options when it comes to lodging and I truly appreciate you choosing our hotel for the 5th time.
Thank you also for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We feel very badly on those occasions when any of our guest is disappointed in their stay with us, as so obviously happened in your case.
I would like to offer you a sincere apology regarding the comment you overheard that night. Orlando is a tourist city and we receive people from all over the world. No matter what country they are from, what their culture or habits are, we will always welcome and treat them with the ultimate respect. We are indeed in no position to judge. I have personally addressed the issue to the individual in question and also shared your review with my entire staff in order to prevent this from happening again.
Regarding the room deficiencies you mentioned, I don’t know whether or not you reported them to the front desk. If you did, I really hope my staff took care of them right away.
Our guest feedback is one of the best tools for us to improve so thank you again for providing us with yours.
We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a much better experience at our hotel next time you are in Orlando.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

we have just returned from a 3 week stay We had the best time ever the staff were so helpful they would greet you and ask was everthing ok The manger was the best he was so helpfull the room staff would be so kind the pool was the best and we spent many an hour there ths was our 3 time in orlando and this was the best trip ever thank you all at theEextended Stay Deluke We had a wonderfull time and the breakfast was great too it would save you about 50 dollars a day

Room Tip: just ask all the rooms were good
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alice s
Reviewed January 3, 2013

To be honest, I'm pretty surprised to see so many good reviews about this Extended Stay. My spouse and I stayed at this extended stay in late November of 2012. We got a deal through a timeshare presentation and we only had to pay the taxes for this place, so we thought it looked decent enough, received decent reviews, so this would be fine for 3 nights. We planned to stay at the Holiday Inn Express for 4 nights following this stay. When we showed up, there was a long line...it was pretty clear that the hotel was understaffed (and it remained that way in the evening and during the next day). The staff at the front desk was ok with us. We did notice a distinct stench in the lobby, but didn't think too much of it. We checked in, went to our room, but subsequently asked to change rooms since our room was right in front of the elevator and I am a **very** light sleeper. After the guy at the front desk told us repeatedly that we wouldn't hear much noise there, we insisted on another room. This process took quite a while as he kept saying, "ooo yeah, we're pretty booked, and the computer has everyone pre-arranged in rooms, so I don't know." I'm sorry, good customer service (and we've experienced it at most other hotels at which we have stayed) would do what they could do the first time to accommodate us. After he realized we weren't going anywhere, he finally moved us. And just in time, because the smell from the lobby was really starting to get to us.

Once we got to the room, we noticed that it was pretty old and a little dirty looking. After putting our bags down, we noticed that the carpet was more than "a little dirty" as we initially thought. It was disgusting. We wore our flip flops the rest of the evening and the following morning. The bathroom was clean enough so we thought we would get past all of this. Throughout the night and early morning, we were awaken by screaming kids, slamming doors, and conversations out in the hall. YES, even normal conversations can be heard from inside ones room at this place. The walls are like paper. We woke up without having slept much due to all of the noise throughout the evening, and the hard bed, which gave both my spouse and I neck and back pains for the following few days. We called the timeshare company **E Tour and Travel** (don't even get me started on how rude and unprofessional they were to us), and they refused to make any changes to our hotel.

As my partner got out of the shower, we heard the fire alarm go off. So we changed, and went right downstairs. Only to find out that the fire alarm was pulled by a kid staying at the hotel. Yes, there are TONS of kids at this place. That was one of two fire alarm incidents from the morning. Never was this issue addressed with the customers, nor was an apology issued, even though many were embarrassed, outside at 10am, ousted from their rooms with shower caps and PJ's.

Honestly, between the paper thin walls, bad customer service, and dirtiness of the hotel, we couldn't take it anymore. But we knew if we just complained or checked out early, they would just benefit by making more money off of our room. So we left the hotel with our bags, made a separate reservation at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS UNIVERSAL STUDIOS (which was like staying at a luxury hotel in comparison...seriously) basically extending our stay there instead of staying at Extended Stay again, and we did not notify the front office that we left until our checkout day.

Please save yourself time, money, and sleep, and invest in a clean, quiet room at the Holiday Inn Express just down the way. You'll be very grateful you did so.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank C L L
Brian R, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear CLL

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel does not interfere with any guest’s stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area, in this case a noisy group. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and I must say I was impressed. This was my first time hoteling at an Extended Stay! I booked a King Suite and was throughly impressed. Check-In was a breeze and the staff was friendly and informative. There is ample FREE parking too.

The rooms are filled with everything you need, and would expect for an extended stay hotel, it i also very conveniently located with PLENTY of places to eat and shop within walking distance. Because it is not on I-Drive, traffic was nearly non-exsistant!

The room featured, a full sized fridge & freezer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and a 2 burner stove. There is also dish detergent for dishes! It has the standard amenities that most hotel will provide, iron, ironing board, LCD TV, DVD player, remote control, desk, tables, .etc.

There is also a pool and hot tub on site that many guests were enjoying. The bed was extra firm, just the way I like it, and everything was super clean and smelled really nice. The only thing I ran into was some noisy guests, either the doors are not very sound proof or they were extremely loud. Most people are here with their families on holiday visiting the parks, so cut them a break, and realize they are just excited!

They also had some conveniences offered for the asking, tooth brushes, tooth paste, razors, shaving cream, .ect. Very thoughtful. The elevator is very accessible and the place is small enough to move around quickly and get to your room and easy enough laid out to not get lost! There are wild horses across the street too, which is always a plus to see in the morning.

They offer free Wi-Fi which is a hot commodity for Orlando Hotels, neighboring chains charge for it. You can upgrade if you want it to be faster, I found no issue with speed at all. I connected with ease and pages loaded quickly! The towels I felt were small and rough, maybe a tad of fabric softener if the hotel can spare it, but it's no big deal.

I cannot comment on the free continental breakfast because I checked out before it started, but it is offered.

Overall, I would certainly recommend a stay at this hotel and it is a very feasible option for me to book in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank nirvanaqween
Brian R, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Nirvanaqween,

Sincerely
Area Operations Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012 for 10 days and loved it. We had a beautiful pool view room with a king size bed, lovely bathroom and kitchen area. Our room was tidied daily with the bins changed and the bed made. We didn't spend much time round the pool area but the few times we did it was very clean and the hot tub was an extra treat. The only thing that I would mention is the breakfast, this is not a complaint at all but there is not very much variation to the breakfast, again this is not a complaint as we had everything we needed, fresh milk, coffee, juice, bread, muffins and fruit, I guess I just like a little more choice but thats the beauty of having a kitchen in your room so that you can sort yourself out. All in all a really lovely stay, very happy, helpful staff. We stayed an extra 3 days and there was no problem at all, no messing about with changing rooms, the very helpful staff in reception told us that we could stay in our room as they would not want to move us around and make us uncomfortable.
Would stay here again and recommend to friends and family for their Orlando holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jade B
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here from 12th Oct for 2 weeks for a family holiday (2 adults,2 children) aged 12 and 10, It was our first time in USA and booked here for the location and the inclusive breakfast, we were not let down at all as it was perfect for all our needs. Good central loction near to all bus stops and local shops and restaurants, free bus to Disney is good, nice quiet location and the rooms were spacious and clean with large comfy beds, all the staff were helpfull and the breakfast is fine for a nice start to the day before going to the parks and the pool is also great for all to enjoy after a long day out. All in all this is a great hotel for the first time visitor staying on I Drive and i will be booking again should i return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family