“Good Hotel for the Price we paid...”

SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area
Ranked #181 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We got the room for 65.00 a night on Labor day weekend, which is a steal. Anyways, new lobby, good buffett, clean rooms. We stayed in a Suite right next to elevator, I say that because they design of that particular room is terrible. I am not sure if the other rooms are like that, but this one was plain weird. We had a king size bed, but one side of the bed is right up against the place to hang clothes, you couldnt walk between the bed and "closet". Other than that, it was ok. It had fridge, microwave, etc. For 65.00 a night, I would stay here again. Parking is a bit scarce if you come back late.

The staff is outstanding though, they were very helpful in anything that we needed!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments as we do take them seriously. I'm sorry to hear about the parking late at night being scarce, we do have this issues a few times a year mostly during the summer months. We hope you do come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nothing great about this hotel. They said they just renovated the hotel but I don't think they renovated the whole place. The lobby & front area seemed like they were renovated but not the rooms. There was a large stain on the carpet & a stain on the couch. Other than that the place was clean. It is really close to Universal Studios which is why we picked this place. They had a nice spread for breakfast too. We stayed out late one night & when we got back there was no where to park so we had to go inside to find out what to do. The security guard moved his car so we can have his spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest and we appreciate your feedback. The parking is sometimes an issue during busy times of the year an I am happy to hear the security guard rectified the situation for you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed at this place for 6 nights in August! It was a great location right on Universal Blvd! The first room we got had a noisy AC - they immediately switched us rooms to a better place. The room is quite spacious with a partial wall to separate living from sleeping. Well lit - lots of mirrors!!! Breakfast was phenomenal - very fresh. The ladies every morning were helpful, courteous and greeted us with smiles and 'good morning' each day! Great assortment of food! The place was crowded when we went with tourists from everywhere - but despite that food was plenty and people were kind! The only downside is that there are 2 elevators for a building this large! And for the amount of people who stay here, be prepared to wait for a while to get an elevator especially during breakfast hours!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Farah V

Thank you for gining us such a great review. We appreciate the recognition of the staff service and the breakfast as we place a lot of focus on both areas. Please stay with us again on your next visit to Orlando and thank you agian for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was convenient to the convention center. There are a fair amount If restaurants nearby.

I was fairly disappointed that the hotel had an "older" feel to it. It was clean, just feels old. There are a ton of hotel options in the area as I would choose something else next time I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and offer your feeback about your recent stay. I was dissappointed to read that out hotel had an "older" feel to it as we have been recently renovated within the last year with the new Springhill Suites standards. I would like to invite you back to give us another try.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Arrived a little earlier than expected and was checked in at 1:30 since we were in the area. We just came for fun to walk around Pointe Orlando. The hotel is in a great location for reaching those i drive fun places. the hotel has recently been renovated. The decor is lovely. There was a bag given at check in (two of us at the desk) with one bottle of water. I wondered why not two but then it was a luxury not a necessity to the stay. :) There was water near by in two water pitchers...one with lemon and limes, the other plain-nice touch. The lovely, professional, friendly ladies at the desk set us up on the 7th floor, 714. Walking into the room it was SPACIOUS! The front living space had a 4 seater couch, a desk/dining table, a microwave, fridge and sink. I imagine utensils and such but we didn't eat in. That was nice to see so I expected the bedroom to have a lot of space. It didn't you HAD TO go in sideways to one side of the bed close to the closet which I would hit the ironing board on that side. No room. The other side near the window had little space to. There was a 2 drawer chest with a tv on it. (The tv could be hung high on the wall.) That space was more tight than it should be, esp to be ADA compliant. The curtain in the room should be longer. There was sunlight streaming in. The A/C was adequate when we came in. We turned it down to cool the room off. It didn't seem to stay cool but it was comfortable. The bathroom had a weird layout with the toilet being RIGHT UP next to the shower tub. The toilet paper roll was far across on the opposite wall..just a weird, uncomfortable layout. Again, these toilet and tubs aren't used the whole time so it was weird just when using them. The bed was fine and comfortable. The thing I look for in a hotel is the cost compared to amenities. I go to a hotel to get rest and relaxation. This is what I am paying for. Springhill Suites was outstanding. There was a lot more good than not so good. I would recommend this hotel but likely suggest a different room because of the tight fit around the bed. The best part was that I didn't hear any disturbing noise from nearby rooms or the hallway. That's a big plus when it comes to resting...We went to breakfast though the layout was uncomfortable and inefficient. There was lot of dining space so this could be accommodated some how. The rate we paid ($108) for included parking, wi fi, a king suite room, breakfast, a noon check out, and pool I see that the SHS has the Marriott brand down pat...great job!

Room Tip: be a Marriott rewards customer
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear we met your expectations with friendly staff and great amenities that fulfilled your needs. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spent one night with my family. I gave excellent review for cleanliness of the room, and the great service and friendliness of the staff.
We arrived at 12 am; the receptionist smiled at time, which I think puts customers at ease, and show that they care about their customers. The room was nice and clean and all what you need amenities. Service was great the next day at breakfast. We got free quick queue for sea world which was awesome. Let alone the very convenient location of the hotel to Orlando attractions. The hotel also has a nice pool and gym room.
In general, it is not a fancy business hotel, but surely is a great family vacation place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We're extremely happy to hear that you found our hotel clean and the staff friendly. We pride ourselves on the staff's service level especially late at night when you least expect it. Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments and review our hotel.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed for a conference in OCC and this was a suitable location for us. We used the trolley to go to OCC and walked back as the trolleys did not run that late. It was not too hot so late to walk and the distance is only about 1 mile. We also had a good service from the Springhills staff especially Scott at the check-in. He gave me good instruction where to buy the trolley multi day ticket and also some other information. Also I like to comment the staff at the breakfast bar. Often it was quite busy but they continually filled empty dishes so it was flowing quite well.

We had our room at the top floor and I liked it. Like others mentioned it was little cramped and the A/C unit was very close to the bed. My wife liked very much the duoble showerhead and also the water pressure was very good. There was a few little shortcomings and you can notice that a little refress might be needed. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreiate you taking the time to comment on your visit with us. Yes, the double shower heads in the bathrooms are a great feature especially after spending a hot, humid day in the Florida summer. I am glad to hear you enjoyed you stay during the conference and we hope to see you next year.