SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area
Ranked #182 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Great location great value. Had an issue with room and Staff and especially AGM (Amanda I believe) were very helpful. Thanks for the help will decide fly stay here again. Can't beat the value and location of the hotel with the free breakfast and a bunch of restaurants within walking distance

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Tomzino
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay. We appreciate the kind comments regarding our staff and how helpful they were to you with your room issue. Our staff works very hard to resolve any issue if they arise and we thank you for taking notice. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is nicely renovated and well located for the Convention Center and I-Drive. I've always been happy with this mid-line hotel in the Marriott chain, but this particular location has the best staff I've seen in a long time. You'll think you are staying in a 5 star location. The breakfast ladies were always friendly and on top of things. The front desk staff was accommodating in every way. We requested a late check out due to leaving after some business meetings and they offered to let us stay until 2pm. There were towels set on chairs around the pool in the morning and cookies on the front desk at night. All of those little touches that make your stay just a little nicer. Congrats to the staff. You exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Flash F
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

WOW, thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am poud to say the associates we have are some of the best in the industry and they work very hard to exceed our guests expectation on a a daily basis. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on our service and hotel.
bm

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have stayed twice at this hotel and were delighted with our experience both times. The rooms are spotless, the breakfast is the best we have experienced in Orlando, and the reception staff were brilliant. Very pleasant, courteous and helpful.

We are travelling to Florida again this year and are staying at another Springhill Suites Hotel because of our previous syas with a Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank weemouse0802
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Orlando Convention Center. We appreciate your feedback about the service and quality you received while our guest.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed there recently. Booked a two-Queen suite for one night. Was able to check in at 1:00pm and the whole process was very smooth. Was given a room on the top floor (7th). Even though our room was close to the elevator, I did not hear a thing (maybe an occasional kid here and there) for most of the night. Free breakfast is always appreciated (and quite good I might add).

Only thing to note about the definition of a suite is that the "bedroom" and the "living room" is only separated by a thin layer of wall, i.e., no door in between. For families who need separate living quarters, this may be a concern. Other than that, I am happy with my stay.

I would stay there again (in fact, this was our third stay at this property).

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I usually choose a cheaper hotel because I stay in the Orlando area once every couple of months, but I decided to take a chance on this hotel because I generally like Marriott branded hotels and I needed a change from the cheaper hotel. On my reservation, I requested to check in around 1pm, and my room was surprisingly ready when I got to the hotel at that time. The room was much better than I expected. Other SpringHill Suites hotels leave me with the feeling of a cramped room; however, the room at this hotel was bigger and roomier than I expected. The king size bed was the largest that I have experienced. The sofa was long enough for a tall person, clean, and comfortable. I had no problems connecting my Roku to the free wi-fi and to the TV to watch a Netflix movie while my companion watched a cable movie on the other TV. The housekeeping staff that you tend to encounter while using the elevator was always very friendly and made you feel you were staying in a four star hotel. The breakfast was good and not too crowded. I have already booked my room at this hotel for August, and I am looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Oscar S

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spent 2 nights here, we were able to check in early, although to do so meant an accessible room, which was ok. As usual, we have stayed here for several years now, everything was clean, there so were very nice, the staff was friendly. Poole area has lots of new lounges and tables, pool was clean and warm. The breakfast was good. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Our son and his family are planning their first trip to Orlando and we have him convinced to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Highlander4951

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have no qualms in giving Springhill Suites top marks. It ticks every box for me. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the decor is modern fresh and inviting. The staff i cannot praise enough. The chain must invest in their staff and this is paying dividends as they have been professional yet friendly, helpful & courteous and remained genuine throughout, Pleasantries without the patronisms! nothing seemed too much trouble & i did have a few requests that required their assistance so i speak as i find!.
Breakfast was great especially as i had expected 'continental' and was pleasantly surprised to see hot breakfast selections such as sausages, scrambled egg & my kids loved the make your own waffle machine. The rooms were perfect for my family. We welcomed the sitting area with another flatscreen TV as this probably saved a few arguments as there were 6 of us in my family. The 2x queen & sofa bed worked out great . The suite itself was spacious enough even with 6 of us sharing. Location is also great its more international drive than convention centre & is nestled in behind some restaurants on International drive where you can access the hotel from as well as Universal blvd. I have stayed in many hotels of this rating in Orlando on family holidays & this definitely tops the lot for a three star establishment. I got an overall impression that someone made a decision that this Springhill suites was not going to be just a run of the mil chain hotel that this place was going to stand out for the right reasons and y'know it does!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family