and 1 more site!
SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area
Ranked #153 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
ALPHARETTA
“The Best Hotel in Orlando!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights on vacation. Very close, and easy access to Universal & Sea World Parks, but off of busy, noisy International Drive. Hotel was very nice, well kept. The staff was excellent-Best in Orlando! Skylar checked me in, very nice man, greeted me by name every time I came to the desk-nice service!, he & Amanda were great. No more shopping around, next time in Orlando I know exactly where to stay. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I stayed on second floor, poolside-had no noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. It is certainly a pleasure to hear when guests are extremely satsified and rate us the Best Hotel in Orlando. We look forward to you staying with us on your return visit to Orlando.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Traveled with my dog to Orlando tor the AKC/Eukanuba National Dog Show. While this hotel is not normally dog friendly, you would never have known that by the way the the staff handled all the visitors and there dogs and I mean lots of dogs. The entire staff were friendly and helpful, the young woman who was the manager was always in the dining area at breakfast time talking to the guests. The rooms were large and clean. The breakfast buffet was the normal stuff. The hotel is located within walking distance of a whole bunch of restaurants and a short drive to the convention center. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to provide feedback about your recent stay with us and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff works very hard to satisfy each and every guest and we're glad you were satisfied with your experience. I am hopeful you will visit us again for the AKC Dog show next year.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has been good for me as a place to stay when going to the Orange County Convention Center. Nice large rooms with a living room and kitchenette. The rooms lack the decorations of an upscale place, but who cares? Breakfast Buffet that has a reasonable selection that is included.
I had an issue with a refrigerator in my room, that was taken care of. Good service and polite staff.
I would stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lee A
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our suites and our complimentary breakfast. As you mentioned, we are very close to the Orange County Convention Center and many restaurants and we are centrally locatd among all of the major attractions. I'm sorry to hear about your issue and happy to hear our dedicated staff fixed very quickly. Thank you again for your kind feedback.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for. The checkin lady told me she hated her job and her boss. That was a first. Then she told me to park at the Hampton Inn next door as they had no parking. She then offered me a glass of wine. All was forgiven!The elevators were slow. The Buffett was average. Rooms were clean and big. We only stayed one night on our way to a cruise. Would not stay if coming to Disney. Small pool and no hot tube. Powdered eggs.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John F
Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry to hear about your two issues, especially the dirty carpet. We have made a special project to check all guestroom carpets to ensure they are clean as expected by each guest. We do everything possible to make sure our guestrooms are clean and guest ready and each opportunity and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I thank you again for your feedback as this will help us improve our service delivery.
Asheville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was torn between the average and very good ratings for this stay, I settled on very good mostly because the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is one of the best things about this hotel. Universal Drive is a much less hectic alternative to Int'l and it makes it much easier to get around. The breakfast area is spacious and nice. There is a serviceable outdoor pool. We had two problems during our stay: First, when the hotel is full there is not enough parking, so it's free parking but I'm not a big fan of trolling around the hotel looking for someone to leave.
Second issue is that the floor in the room was dirty. I am confident it was vacuumed daily and there was no obvious dirt, but with a ridged carpet I don't think it's easy to keep those floors clean. It becomes obvious when you look at your feet after walking around on it for a while. We wore socks around the room after the first day. Probably not a huge deal but in a hotel-rich area like Orlando it's the kind of thing that would cause me to lean towards staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dbaaronson
Bob M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel after your stay. I am happy to read the comments about our staff and how helpful and ffriendly they were. I do apologize for the carpet cleanliness and have discussed this issue with my housekeeping department. It will be corrected very soon. Thank you again for your excellent review.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The place is very clean and just renovated, I did not like the breakfast section. It was undestaff and messy. Another thing I did not like was the housekeeping. They were totally out of sinc. Either they do not how to read the "do not disturb" sign or are just plain rude. The same person disturbed us on two different days after being told the service was not wanted. I did not appreciate it. We got two rooms and everythhing was good except the fact that there was not enough soap and towels. Everything else was just fine. Good beds, large and clean rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your stay and giving us feedback in areas that need improving. Giving poor or rude service is unacceptable I apologize for the lack of caring you received. We do appreciate the good comments about the size of the room and cleanliness. Again thank you for your feedback.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Here is the good. Clean and renovated. Rooms are spacious. Location is excellent.

Here us the bad. Pool in horrible spot and no hot tub. The back door key entry was broken. Made it difficult as my room was right there. Strange enough the housekeeping staff knocked at 3pm after cleaning time was done. I was sleeping luckily with the extra locks, then the housekeeper took the stairs. I advise you not to leave valuables in your room while your not there.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank TravelReviewsByAlisa
Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Convention Center. I am glad to hear that you found our new ly renovated rooms clean and spacious. I do apologize for the late housekeepig service, however, on some days our room attendants do have to stay later to complete the guestrooms during heavy checkout times. We do appreciate the comments and feedback.