“Only good things can be said”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood
Ranked #202 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Only good things can be said”
Reviewed November 4, 2008

This was a pleasantly positive experience form the check-in to our check -out. The room was clean and the kitchen area had all that we neede. The staff was friendly, exchanging towels was easy and the price was very resonable.
My husband and I visited Sea World while on vaction and found this hotel very close to Sea World and easy to get to.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank foh7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Clinton
Reviewed October 25, 2008

We have just returned from a week at the Extended Stay America Hotel in Orlando (Westwood location) . The hotel is exactly what we were looking for... Inexpensive but clean and minutes to attractions with full kitchen in the room. The front desk staff were great! They had us checked in within minutes and explained not only the ammenities that came with the room but also those that we could sign up for for an additional minimal charge. Since it's an extended stay hotel you have the option to have maid service at an additional charge of $3-$5 per day or you could bring your towels to the front desk for new ones. They have printed directions to local shopping, supermarkets as well as the attractions. They greeted us each time we walked by and asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable.

NOTE: This hotel does not have a swimming pool, but it does have an affiliation with another hotel within walking distance that does have one for use by it's patrons.

The room was clean with a small dinette set to use for eating. We would definitely stay at this hotel again and I have already recommended it to family and friends as a great alternative to a regular hotel.

Clinton, MA

• Liked — Kitchenette in room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chipsgurl
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Picked this hotel because of the proximity to Orlando's Convention Center - was very satisfied. Also really close to International Drive and all the restaurants.

Was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel had a continental breakfast (packaged pastries and bagels, fresh fruit, coffee/juice). Also found out that the internet access for the entire stay was super inexpensive and totally worth it - I didn't have any problems accessing it wirelessly.

Housekeeping came every day to tidy up and change the towels, even though it's advertised as only 1-2 times per week.

Only complaints:
1)The room was non-smoking and smelled ok, as did the lobby, but as soon as you get in the elevator or the upper level hallways the *entire* place smelled like smoke. You step outside of your room or turn off the a/c for too long and again you're hit with the smell of tobacco smoke. Yuck!... I was on the 2nd floor.
2)There were a few "stains" and a few long hairs on the desk chairs, sofa, and in the tub. Overall room cleanliness would still be rated a 6 or 7 on my 1-10 scale...
3)Hotels.com initially overcharged me--I booked about a month in advance for the room and a week before I was scheduled to stay I found the room advertised cheaper - by Hotels.com!!
Hotels.com corrected this error and refunded the difference immediately.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for price and location, but would warn asthmatics to try to get the first floor (smelled no smoke on the 1st floor).

• Liked — Location was super close to the Orange County Convention Center!!
  • Disliked — Strong smell of smoke in hallways and elevators :-(
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelSagittarius
Nauticalwhirl
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I loved this place! It had a kitchenette, with kitchen things. And it was a very clean and new hotel. It was off of international drive, but at one end of it, so that you didn't need to deal directly with traffic, yet you were close to restaurants galore. You were also in between, DisneyWorld, and Universal Studios, and near the major highways.

• Liked — Cleanliness, and it had a kitchen
  • Disliked — Nothing that I can think of, the pool could have been better????
  • Stayed January 2005, traveled as a couple
Auburn Hills, Mi
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Extended stay offers good amenities at a fair price. Room was comfortable with kitchen and desk with work station. There is a small fee- $4.99 -for internet for your entire stay. The speed is painfully slow though, so you can brush teeth, or whatever between web sites that you click on. Maid service is once a week and sometimes they come on your day but sometimes not. So good luck. Overall staff is good and are helpful. Rooms have been updated and are nice. No great resort feel here, just a business feel for business travelers. It offers more than the hotels that charge much more in the area.

• Liked — location, amenitiies, price
  • Disliked — no real problems or complaints
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
palm beach florida
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Ok internet was patchy and unreliable, you have to pay ( no biggie 4.99 for the total time your there) but boots you or stalls like dial up so be prepared. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was clean, but being awakened by the fire alarm on sat morning at 730am was a bit much. Have a feeling the girl at the front desk burned the bagel which set it off but no way of knowing. Shouldnt hold that against the hotel or the room but after only having three hours of sleep it kinda got me angry when the alarm was sounding for 20 minutes..ouch.
Some pro's are that you are on the east side of disney by sea world so if your not going west or to sea world traffic is not too bad.
The con's is there is nothing to do in this area very boring. I traveled to find the action but if your looking for a place which has something to do...go somewhere else. A great commuter hotel at best.

• Liked — price location to interstate
  • Disliked — 7am wake up call with the fire alarm
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
Reviewed November 6, 2007

A large group of us stayed at the Extended stay between 10/28 and 11/4
during a convention at the OCCC. Our experience was less than pleasant.

After the first night, two of our rooms needed to be changed. One due to a faulty air conditioning unit, and one due to BUGS in the bathroom
and kitchen. The front desk staff were amazingly helpful in re-assigning our rooms and were friendly throughout our stay.

My room (on the second floor) was booked immediately next door to my co-worker who changed rooms due to bugs. The second night, my room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke (smoking is only allowed on the 4th floor). After talking to the helpful guy at the front desk, I decided to wait it out after I was told that a large group would be checking out shortly.

The next day, the bugs appeared in my room! Tiny ants, to be exact, running around the kitchen counter near the sink.

The front desk staff told me that it was possible that because my neighbor's room had been fumigated after she moved, the bugs were fleeing into my room. :( Gross. I asked to change rooms, but was told there were only smoking rooms available and to try back the next day if I wanted a non-smoking room. I moved all of my food to a co-workers room and avoided the kitchen sink at all costs.

The next night I was able to change rooms, and after getting a wheelchair accessible room (very spacious) the rest of my stay was reasonably comfortable.

During our stay, numerous members of our group also witnessed yellow puddles in the stairwells (both stairwells, multiple puddles).

When we checked out (approx 6am on a Sunday), we were told that they could not provide a final bill because the person who could print them was not in yet.???

Just to reiterate, the front desk staff was always friendly and helpful, but they can only do so much when the quality of the facilities and amenities are so poor.

We also realized that though we were told room service would only come on Thursday, some of us had fresh towels (nothing else) in the bathrooms from time to time. We were also told that room service would
leave a card if they had been inside, but that was hit and miss too.

I wouldn't suggest staying at this hotel. The friendly staff isn't quite enough to outshine the conditions.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business