“Good but they are under renovations....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood
Ranked #202 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa,FL
“Good but they are under renovations....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed there two different weekends. The hotel is in a good location. Close to the Convention Center and the International Drive. Rooms are big, with a full kitchen, stove and refrigerator. Sofa bed in the living room. Decent size bathroom. No shampoo,conditioner,creams.etc. included. Just soap. Nice breakfast included in the price. Bagels, cream cheese, jams, coffee and juice, enough for me. The queen bed is very comfortable and the pillows are great. I sleep like a baby until Saturday around 8:30am when I started hearing noises coming from the floor above. Steps back and forth and drilling noises. That is when I found out they were renovating the 4th floor. I was in the 3rd. :( They tried not to make too much noise but it was not possible. I dont sleep until late so it was not a big deal. Next weekend was the same. Renovation is supposed to conclude in March...?

Room Tip: They started renovating the rooms from the top. So ask for 4th or 3rd floor!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our location was centrally located for you and that you found our room and breakfast accommodating. My apologies for the noise level during your stay as we undergo renovations; we limit the contractors to only working during the day. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Katie-Lynn Webb--General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This extended hotel stay was a great value but the staff at this hotel should get some training on how to welcome there guests and not try to rush you away from the front desk so they can do there personal cell phone texting. I would say if really hard up for a room in this area then stay here but do not expect any friendliness or helpfulness out of this staff. All but one person (the evening checkin person was great) were always either taking forever to show up at the front desk to answer a question or they were trying to rush you away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the way our staff attended to your needs. I am disappointed to read that they did not provide you with professional, friendly service. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the entire team about this issue and am coaching them on how to provide better service moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Although the staff was very nice..the room was old, drab green, stains on the couch and carpet.
Sugar ants on the kitchen and bathroom counter.....
I got a good deal through Hotwire, .This was a quick overnight...but from now on I will only go to a three star and up. This place ifs definitely a two NOT a 2 1/2 star.
Continental breakfast was ok, but no one there to monitor the station and keep it clean.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
David - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was unclean upon arrival and our grab-and-go breakfast was not stocked properly during your visit. In response, our housekeeping staff is working to deep clean your room and enhance their cleaning procedures overall. As well, I am reviewing our breakfast policies with the entire staff so our guests have a full cart to choose from during the designated hours each morning.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I booked this hotel for a week when I decided at the last minute to extend my vacation.
I stayed here the second week in November. I stayed here after spending a week at Rosen Shingle Creek, and that was not available.
Pros: You get more than a room, with a decent sized kitchen that has a stove, microwave, and full sized refrigerator. I made breakfast in the room, and some dinners.
There is also a sitting area that has a sofa bed that I did not use.
The bed wasn't uncomfortable to me. It is not a bad place to stay with a family.
The price is right if you need to stay on a budget, and this is better than many hotels that go for a similar price. It is close to the convention center and Sea World.
There is an unheated swimming pool, that would be too cold in the late fall to early spring for most people,
There is also a small gym and laundry facilities.
Cons:
I asked for a non smoking room. The room I got was not designated non-smoking, but it didn't smell too badly. I drove to the Dollar Tree and got some disposable dishes, dishwashing detergent, and laundry supplies. I hit Walmart for groceries.
There was only one aluminum cookpot in the room. I asked for a frying pan at the front desk, and was given one, but I used my own that I purchased as a gift since I didn't like that one.
I bought Febreze and Lysol disinfectant and went over the room with those. Although the room was fairly clean, I chose to go over it myself.
The burners on the stove would not lay flat. I tried to fix them.
The hallway did stink of old cigarette smoke.
I did not like that I had to go to the front desk to request toilet paper when I ran out,
I had a cleaning day scheduled for midweek. I asked at the front desk that only the floors be cleaned and the bedding changed. I told them my sheets had scratchy fuzzballs. When I came back after the cleaning, the whole room had been cleaned, and the scratchy sheets had not been changed. I also had a collection of someone else's hair on the bathroom floor that had not been there before. Yeccchh. So, I got my Lysol out, picked up the hair, and re-cleaned the counters and tabletops.
I did not like the air conditioner right next to the bed. When it was running, cold air blew directly on the bed. The curtains had holes in them that looked like someone's cat climbed up them.
I didn't bother with the breakfast after the first 2 days. The coffee was lousy. At first they had some yogurt or granola bars, but after that it was just the muffins.

I know I can be picky. It wasn't bad, just average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that cleanliness of the guest room was not to your satisfaction. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will coach our housekeepers to make sure your experience is not repeated. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the size of the room and the fully equipped kitchen so you could prepare meals during your stay. We are currently refreshing our property and converting to a non-smoking facility.

glasgow, scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

we stayed here from November 12th till 26th. From the outside the hotel looks fine and you receive a warm welcome from reception. The room was fine space wise with nice size bathroom however both double bed and pulldown bed were rock hard and difficult to sleep on. Our biggest problem was the room was full of tiny black ants. The sink, the beds, the toilet and the tables. We couldn't leave any juice or food sitting for anymore than 5 minutes without it being covered in ants. I spoke to someone on the front desk to be told that it's what Orlando is like.

We had to clean the room of ants every night once we got back.

Room 313

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank renfrew1984
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here from 11th November 2013 for 7 nights. When we arrived after a 10 hour flight we were greeted by staff in a very happy and cheerful manner. They could not have been more polite and helpful in explaining the booking and what to expect. The first night we had problems with the plumbing in the bathroom (toilet blocked) but the staff could not have been more pleasant and attended this when we left for the day. However, the problem was not fixed and toilet blocked again. NO PROBLEM, they immediately moved us into another room - again - in a very friendly manner. All through our stay we found ALL the staff to be courteous and very happy and friendly to talk to. I had been worried after earlier reports of this hotel, but I cannot agree with any of the negatives. The "grab and Go" breakfast was as stated - no frills, gave you a FREE basic breakfast so not disappointed. No restaurant, but we knew this and there are plenty on offer a short distance away. The room and contents are all as described - if you wanted 5 star luxury, then go to a 5 star hotel but expect to pay $400+ per night, that's all I can say. For what we paid it was perfect. We will return and I would have no hesitation in staying here again.
Thanks Guys - and the girl on the desk - sorry I did not take all your names, but I did tell you I was going to write a review so you will know who you all are..

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor overlooking side of hotel road, and it was quiet - but a view over pool would...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The room was big, with a small kitchen for a great price on trip advisor. The breakfast is only a muffin and a coffee, but close to everything so is not a big deal. The staff was also very nice to me and my husband :)

• Stayed November 2013