“Not bad but not great either”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood
Ranked #206 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Not bad but not great either”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Positives -- staff is friendly and courteous
-- pool is clean and keeps a good temperature
-- I-ride trolley and bus stop is right out front of the hotel

negatives -- continental breakfast only had prepackaged muffins and applesauce --no Fresh fruit!
-- shuttle does not pick up and drop off at the airport. Would have rented a car had
I known this in advance. There is a Lynx bus stop in front of the hotel BUT no one
took the time to help us figure out the route.
-- Shuttle DOES drop off at theme parks BUT it is shared between 4 or 5 other hotels
and if it is too full they give a ton of attitude about sending an extra one. Also not
all of the shuttle buses are airconditioned.
-- our room was never adequately cleaned -- The housekeeping staff didn't vacuum
the entire time we were there.
-- mystery stain on the couch. yuck.
-- burners in stove not connected to stove, refigerator was arctic temperature.

All in all, we saved a ton of money staying here but we got what we paid for.

Room Tip: don't stay on the first floor -- it's a very noisy hotel with thin walls!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Rebecca S
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Rebecca:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review in Trip Advisor based on your stay in Orlando. I appreciate your comments regarding our staff's friendliness and courtesy.
I would like to apologize that the transportation services did not meet your needs. I am not certain how your reservation was booked, but all of the services, to include transportation are listed on our hotel website. The theme park shuttles do fill from time to time in peak season and holidays, but back-up shuttles are always sent behind them to accommodate any guests who cannot fit into the first shuttle.

Thank you again for your review and its detail as feedback is very important to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tuscania, Italy
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Staff are friendly and helpful, location is excellent. There is a trolley service that takes you everywhere for food, attractions, and shopping to the outlet malls. There is no need for a car. The rooms are clean with basic necessities for cooking and eating. The sofa mattress is worn, but no bedbugs! Clean, convenient, and still comfortable. My friends and I enjoyed staying here. Thank you and keep it up.

Room Tip: The elevator is sectioned off from the rooms, so any room is good.
5 Thank Bob10987654321
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My friends and I have stayed at this hotel three different times, and I am already looking forward to returning next June. I cannot say enough about the friendly staff. They are always willing to do whatever they can to make your stay more pleasant. The manager is simply awesome, and I always enjoy talking with her about her ideas for future upgrades and improvements. I enjoy the convenience of having a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator. The beds sleep very well. The location is close to I-Drive, 528, and I-4; and it provides such a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The room rates are quite reasonable. I highly recommend this hotel.

3 Thank Jay C
Dear Jay:

It was so great to read your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time to complete it. It is so wonderful to see familiar faces return to the hotel again and again and it gives me great pleasure to know that our hotel meets your needs and that our staff is accommodating.

I look forward to your next visit with us and again, thank you, thank you for your kind review!
Midlothian, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Everyone was very pleasant but the room was just not clean. All of the furniture had mystery stains and the carpet was not great either. The worst is the shower head was covered in some sort of black mold. Eeew! We brought in pizza to eat as it was a late arrival for us and when we went to lay it out on the desk there were several little bugs crawling around. Found about 10 in all.

Sheets/bed was fine and so was the kitchen.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DevilDog77
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review on Trip Advisor based on your stay in Orlando. I am pleased you found the hotel staff to be pleasant, however not pleased that the condition of the room fell below your expectations.

Understand that guest feedback is vital to us, especially when we fail to meet the needs of any one of our guests. We have an on-going preventative maintenance program at all of our hotels which includes detailed attention to the upkeep of our rooms several times throughout the year. Please know that stains on carpets and furniture are "hot buttons" with us, because no matter how "clean" a room is, stains make it look dirty.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope that you will give us another try when you return. Comments such as yours are not seen often at this hotel and I certainly do not want future guests to experience what you have.
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a great experience at the hotel. Making the reservation on line was a breeze. Exrtending it by a day was a simple call to the front desk. The night auditor is the epitomy of what a front desk person should be with his laughter, welcoming and smile. Made the check in process seamless.
Recommend highly. If you are here in Orlando and want to stay near Seaworld you have many choices but forgot the rest. Stay here !!!

1 Thank James P
Dear Jim:

I truly enjoyed reading your review of your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. These reviews are so important because more and more travelers look to Trip Advisor when choosing a hotel location.

Knowing that our staff made your stay enjoyable and that our location was convenient for your event let's me know you'll be back again. I look forward to your next visit and thank you again for your kind review!
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel is great for everyone, whether you have a family or just an individual on vacation. It is close to all theme parks and offers shuttles to there as well. Its has a I-drive trolley stop right in front of the hotel going south and across the street has the I-drive trolley going north. Every single worker there is wonderful, friendly and helpful. The hotel comes with equipped kitchen that saves you a lot of money if you enjoy cooking. It has a wonderful pool right outside the main lobby area. Also every morning there is breakfast. This hotel is just great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SanS010
Greetings from the Sunshine State;

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the review you wrote on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at my hotel in Orlando. The greatest reward we receive is a happy guest experience. We know there are so many hotel options when coming to our city, and your review will certainly provide helpful information to future guests.

Knowing that our location and our services met your every need and provided value to you, is priceless. Thank you again for your review and I truly look forward to your next visit.
Alsip, Illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is a great hotel. Close to everything, but not too close. Less than a minute from I-4, less than 3 mins to Sea World and only about 10 to Magic Kingdom. I think it took us longer to get from the parking lot to the entrance than it did to drive to the park :) Also only about 10 mins to Walmart. The bed was comfy, the room was spacious (and clean) & the staff was friendly. The pool left a bit to be desired, but not so much that it was a deal breaker. The breakfast doesn't consist of much, but it got the job done. Free wi-fi was fantastic.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family