“Overall a Decent Bargain”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle
Ranked #236 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed three nights in February 2013. Staff was very friendly at check in and very helpful. We had a king size bed overlooking the pool and it was cozy, and the bed was very comfortable. Small, but very livable with a table and two chairs and a stuffed chair. Full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, kitchen plates and silverware. Nice TV with DVD player attached. Room was very clean and room staff restocked towels and emptied garbage. Extra cleaning services were $5 or $10 a day, depending on needs. Room was very quiet as well. Just a couple of negatives: Continental Breakfast was described as pretty good by staff. However, all we found were breakfast bars, muffins, and poor tasting coffee. They were out of yogurt and cereal. There were no biscuits, gravy, hard boiled eggs, waffles, cream cheese, bagels or milk. They did get some yogurt in on our last day. The coffee we made in our room was better than the continental breakfast, but they ran out of coffee packets the first day we were there. Since breakfast was a bit of a disappointment, nearby was a McDonald's, Burger King and a retro styled Denny's, where we ate two mornings. Hotel did provide free Wifi, however, to get better speed, they wanted either $2 or $3 a day for hi-speed internet. Standard wifi wasn't too slow in my book so I didn't pay the up-charge. Parking was easy and free. We would stay here again, but not for the breakfast or the coffee.

Room Tip: Pool view will keep any traffic noise down from John Young Parkway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical Deluxe Mornings(tm) items include gourmet coffee, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were looking for a place with a kitchen that was not $300, which you can easily spend at some of the delux places within a mile from here. At $79 with all taxes included this was a great deal. Full kitchen, clean room, safe location with well lighted parking. Malls, restaurants, grocery stores all within a half mile drive. Location is off of tollway, but if you are approaching from I-4 (i.e. coming from the west) you exit before the tolls are collected, so it is free. The building looks to be about 15 years old, but is well maintained, and very clean. Friendly staff, comfy bed. The breakfast is only bagels, cream cheese, muffins, and yogurt, all individually wrapped and undoubtedly germ free. You can stay at nicer places around here, but not for such a reasonable rate. I would rather spend it on the grandkids. I agree with nirvanaqween that the TV could have been better, but it did have showtime.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I arrived 40 minutes after check-in and was told my room was not ready and that it would be a 10 minutes. I came back 15 minutes later and still my room was not ready, another 5 or 10 minutes later, finally I got my room key. The lady at the front desk, although she was very friendly did not tell me anything about hotel amenities, like internet and breakfast (which I overheard her telling someone else). Thankfully, I have stayed with Extended Stay Deluxe before so I pretty much knew how to snag my free wifi (one of the reasons I booked!). Tip: The code is on the paper with your room keys.

Parking was ample enough for the guests and the place is SUPER convenient. It's 5 minutes from the Florida Mall and across the street from a plaza which just about everything you could need for a stay in Orlando; fast food, walgreens, hardware store, car repair, restaurants, .etc.

The room was clean and comfy, as promised a microwave, 2-burner stove, full-sized refrigerator, TV and places to sit. They have DISH network cable, and I was shocked at the lack of channels, (the only TV I watch is in Hotels - so maybe this is normal). Clearly, the maid service was in a rush to get the room ready and forgot to refresh the shampoo & conditioner.

For what I paid, this place was decent but doesn't live up to the other Extended Stay Deluxe's in the area. I had a good nights sleep aside from people yelling in the hallways, and the lights from outside beaming through the door frame.

What shocked me is the fact when I went to check-out at 6 am, I was greeted by a telephone. That's right, the check-in counter is not 24 hours a day. I have never once encountered that, and I have stayed at hotels all across the country. I called the # as instructed and told the lady I would like to check out, and she told me just to leave my keys behind the counter as the front desk does not open until 7am. WOW. I was reluctant to just leave my room keys there, but did anyway. Thankfully, no problems.

Room Tip: Tip: The free wifi code is on the paper your with your room keys.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on a recent trip to Orlando based on the reviews I read here on TripAdvisor – I’m so glad that I did! My room was amazing – full kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, etc My bed was huge and really comfortable, I slept like a baby! This is the first hotel that I’ve stayed at that had a DVD player; I wish I had known this so I could have brought some DVDs to watch! :) The whole room was perfectly clean, which is always my main concern when staying at a hotel. Free parking, free breakfast and free internet were provided as well, what a bargain! Super close to both the Florida Mall as well as Universal Studios, which is the main reason I chose to stay at this hotel. Anyone traveling to Orlando should stay at this hotel; you’ll enjoy your stay as much as I did!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. Next time, I'll bring in some DVD's for you. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank for your kind words!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night only witha friend in december. It was a short drive away from the theme parks and international drive. The room was big with a kitchenette and wi-fi. there was a pool, but was a bit cold to swim. The staff were friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a BIG American breakfast, then this is not the place for it. I did not have any problems during my stay. There is a car park too ;0)

Room Tip: Mine was a pool view and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

It was kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed Dec 30 & 31. Rooms are clean and a great set up. Its quiet and a short distance away from attractions. The continential breakfast is light compared to some. While asleep we had a disturbance at 12:30 in the morning by an employee. Unfortunately couldnt go back to sleep for hours. I spoke with the manager in the morning and he was a excelent example of customer service. He Aknowledged, He Apologized, and he Acted. I will be going back to Orlando for a convention in April and I have booked by reservation at ESD.
I must add that this room has everything from plates glasses and a dishwasher to put them in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am usually not so compelled to write a review for the hotels that I stay in. However, this site has been so useful to me in the past when I am trying to plan trips, I decided to help others. My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel from Dec 24-29th. We decided that we wanted to stay in a hotel that had a kitchenette and would be close to many attractions.Let me just say that those were the only redeeming qualities of this hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel, the smell of the chemicals they use on the carpets was sooo overwhelming I needed to hold my breath. The smell lingered the entire length of my stay. When we got to our room a quick scan of the room presented mixed feelings. As advertised, it did have a kitchenette, but the sofa, carpets and chairs for the food table were severely stained. The tub in the bathroom was almost black on the bottom and the cabinets still contained a lot of dog hair from the previous guest. The outside bedding had a blood stain on it.

I immediately asked for a room change ad to the credit of the front desk staff they offered me another room. The next room was marginally better than the first because the tub wasn't black on the bottom and there were fewer stains on the furniture. However, there was some weird white stain on the outside bedding the size of an apple. It looked like caulking for bathroom tub.
I asked for another outer bed sheet and as the woman at the front desk supplied me with another.

It is unfortunate that this property is being neglected because the people the work at this location are nice. I have stayed at another Extended Stay Hotel in Philadelphia and the quality was 100 times better as far as cleanliness.If you have a pet and you are not particular about having a clean room, you won't have a problem here. If you are like me and believe that when you are paying for a room at the bare minimum you should have a room that is clean please DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.