Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Okay”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a recent family trip to Orlando. The room was nice and the amenities helped. However, the bathroom was small and it was difficult to get in and out. Complimentary breakfast was great. All in all I we would stay here again if we had to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FlyGrl23
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot skillet breakfast! It sounds like your stay was not satisfactory. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again and please let us know what we can do to make your stay perfect! Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The check-in staff was very efficient and friendly; although I wasn't able to get my room immediately due to cleaning, they comped me a snack & drink - a solid business practice to offset bad news. The room was spacious and well appointed to include a mini-fridge and the gallery food was excellent in terms of preparation speed and quality. If there was anything to complain about, the elevator seemed a bit wonky and might need maintenance in the near future, and the overall cleanliness of the facility was a bit less than other Hyatt Places I've been to. Overall though, an excellent experience and would stay again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your opinion is important to us!. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our property and that our Gallery Hosts took good care of you. Thank you for the alert on a possible elevator issue. I have alerted our management team so they can exam it. We hope to see you back soon!
Lithia, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We chose this hotel for an overnight Sea World/Aquatica getaway and were very pleased. Building and room smelled good and clean, staff friendly, parking plentiful, location excellent. Building is almost across the street from "Friendlys" which considering it's one of only a small handful in the South, is a pleasant sight for us former New Englanders. The pool was sufficient and warm. Room was gorgeous-42" plasma TV and side panel to plug in your HDMI equipment was a nice touch as was the mini fridge. Corner sleeper-sofa was very convenient and the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was fine and plenty of room using the bar area across the hall... Our only complaint as with everyone else is...you guessed it...the bathroom. Tough getting in and out, shower doors and tile very upscale looking BUT the walls are thin and either the exhaust fan was very quiet (too quiet) or not working. I just don't like hearing EVERY little sound effect of the occupant in the bathroom as if we were right there within them inside... Maybe a louder more obnoxious exhaust fan would be a temporary workaround, haha... Very minor though, and all in all, this place is excellent-would highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your Sea World and Aquatica Vacation! It's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. We hope to see you again!
Washington DC
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a weekend at Hyatt Place for a small conference group. The hotel is close to the convention center as well as a slew of mid-priced chain restaurants good for families, some bars, and mini golf courses.

Parking is free and easy, which is convenient.

The room I had was quite spacious, but of some odd proportions. The sitting area was roomy and quite comfortable, but the bathroom - which housed the toilet and a shower - was barely big enough for me to shut the door to. The shower could have used a couple extra inches in width as well. There was a tiny closet that was a challenge to get items in and out of.

Layout aside, the room was comfortable, as was the king bed. Rooms come with a small refrigerator and sink, which might be helpful for families or leftovers.

Hot/cold breakfast buffet is included win the room. The variety offered was wide, and I appreciated proteins like eggs and sausage in addition to fruits and cereals.

There is also a cafe and bar that offers quick drinks and bites all day. Convenient if you don't want to go out for lunch but the variety of offerings is limited.

Overall, probably a good value for families or convention goers.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank thinktankjp
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast! We hope to see you back again.
Tampa
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I strongly recommend this hotel. Friendly staff and very quiet hotel. My son usually doesn't sleep well in hoteis, but he slept well there. The breakfast is very good and they also have a good room service. I will definitely be back there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and your son was bale to get a good night's sleep! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope to see you back again!
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here for couple of days of meetings. I only left the hotel for dinner. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean and well maintained. Overall, the amenities were pretty good.

I would echo what several other reviewers said regarding the layout of the hotel rooms. The bathroom/closet layout is really odd. Since I was traveling alone, the sink location outside of the toilet/shower area (and open to the rest of the room) was okay. It would have been an issue if I had been traveling with family. This issue could actually be resolved pretty easily with night lights in the rooms. The part that was strange for me was that the area next to the sink is a lower counter with drawers under. I don't ever use the dressers in hotels, but the counter would have been nice to use when getting dressed, etc. The closet was pretty small, and the door was so narrow that it was not possible to set up a suitcase on the rack inside of the closet. There wasn't enough room to open the rack anywhere near the closet and bathroom. To use it, you need to set your suitcase near the couch or bed (which would have been a challenge in my king room). Since my trip was short, I simply put my suitcase on the counter and hung the few items I needed to in the closet. I did lose out on counter space that way, and had to be careful not to splash water from the sink. I don't typically watch TV when I travel, so I wasn't bothered by the location of the TV between the 'living' area and the 'sleeping' area. I had a king room, and thought that the area with the couch was really huge. I guess if you had family with you who were going to sleep on the couch it would have been handy. Given the proximity to the Convention Center, I assume that some guests are also using this area to entertain. I didn't need it. I did appreciate the desk and work area. It allowed me to take care of a few business related things when I wasn't in my meetings.

The meeting room itself was on par with most hotel meeting rooms. The one issue was that there were no power strips provided, so connecting computers was an issue for several in our group since all of the receptacles in the room are on the walls. This problem could have been partly due to the coordination with the meeting planners.

The one amenity I always use when I travel is the hotel gym. This one was pretty minimal. The room is small, and has 2 treadmills, an elliptical, and a recumbent bike. There is also a rack of free weights. Access to the equipment wasn't an issue. I only ran into one other person each day of my stay. All of the equipment was new and in excellent condition. I also appreciated the fact that there were disinfectant wipes available, along with a water cooler and towels. The room was a bit steamy, and could use a fan or two.

I had several meals - breakfast, lunch and snacks - during my stay. The food was nothing to write home about, but was adequate. The staff was great in accommodating special dietary requests. They do have a Starbucks in the lobby - sort of. They have a selection of the food items you would find at the typical cafe, along with a portion of the coffee/latte/espresso drinks.

Overall, my stay was fine for this meeting and I would stay here again for business/meeting purposes. If I were coming with family to the theme parks, I would most likely choose a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Your feedback is valuable to us, thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay. I am sorry for any inconvenience the bathroom counter placement caused you. Although we are not able to change the current placement of our guest room bathrooms, this feedback has helped in the creation of new Hyatt Places which now have the bathrooms located in the front of the room with the sink inside the shower room and a separate closet area. We do offer power cords for our meeting room and can be arranged at the meeting planners request. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future and please let us know if there is anything you need during your stay to make it wonderful! Thank you!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The is a conveniently located, clean, comfortable hotel with a staff that truly is helpful and very well trained in making their guests feel welcome at all times
While some appreciate the "odd" design of the rooms, we did not. It was certainly spacious enough however with the twin double beds facing the vanity sink (the toilet and tub/shower is in a tiny enclosed space that challenges your exit when opening the 36" door; we are not big people), so if you're in bed and your partner uses the bathroom and washes up, the lights must be turned on and you listen to the water running in the sink. In addition, there is a large comfortable sitting area but the large HD TV is positioned in between the sitting area and the bedroom. What genius designed this? You watch half the TV from the bedroom and half the TV from the sofa? This is double room for one person.

When booking this online through the Hyatt site; when you put in your dates you're immediately sent to RoomStays.com. Don't know if that's owned by Hyatt but it pretty much conceals the fact that there is $9.95 booking fee. I usually book hotels directly through the chain, Hilton, Marriott, Ritz Carlton etc. and I'm never charged a booking fee. I find this deceptive and inappropriate.

I did not find this hotel to be a good value for $179.00 per night (with over $30.00 in taxes and fees) which was very much below the usual rack rate. This is Hampton Inn, Fairfield type of hotel...nothing special. Will not stay here again...Could have stayed in the Hyatt Regency Orlando, a 4 star for the same price. Maybe a smaller room but not so uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Better to look at the room before you check in.