“Very Nice....relaxing hotel!!!!”

Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center
Ranked #48 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Nice hotel. The rooms are spacious well designed, except that the bathroom can be a little bigger. Love the seating area and also the kitchenette (another disappointment was there was no microwave). Enough space for a family of four. Beds were great.....I slept like a baby. Breakfast was great, but I will advice to reach early before the crowd. I had a Pina Colada (it was not good) and cheesecake at the little eatery they had at the lobby. Location was great, my family and I walked to Wonder Works and Pizza Hut. Another disappointment that my husband and son had was the pool, they taught it could be bigger. But overall a great, clean and relaxing hotel.

Room Tip: Wonder Works is at walking distance.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you visit please feel free to use the microwave in the guest kitchen, it is available for our guest 24 hours a day. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We live in Orlando and decided to stay here after our Club Holiday Party.

The front desk staff was very friendly. We waited maybe a minute before someone stepped out to help us. Our room was great, loved the added seating area and kitchenette.

Slept well, mattress was a bit hard for me, but hubby loved it.

The breakfast was much better than others we've had. Although the coffee was a bit weak for being "Starbucks".

Front Desk & Housekeeping staff were very friendly and accommodating.

We will stay here again, if we need to a place near I-Drive.

Room Tip: I always request a high floor, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tobi T
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for posting the great pictures! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will see you next time you visit International Drive.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I would not suggest this hotel to anyone, especially if you have kids. The staff was very unfriendly, the TV had a horrible picture and was very hard to understand. They didn't even have kids channels. I wanted to have something that my kids could watch at night so I had to pay 10$ for 12hoursof Disney channel. I didn't even get the full channel only 5 programs. The pool was locked and not heated once we found someone to let us in. The breakfast was ok as far as hotel breakfast go. The housekeeper was heard cussing in the hallway by me and my children. Very unprofessional. The beds were very comfortable though.
I will choose more wisely in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Elise A
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing about the issue that occurred with your stay. It is important to me that our guests are satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I would like to speak you regarding your experience. I can be reached at 407-351-0627 ext. 5104 or you can email me at Kris.Vos@hyatt.com. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest Regards,
Kris Vos

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I live in Florida and so am in Orlando 3-4 times a year. This is my favorite hotel in town. The balance of great value, a central location with good restaurants within walking distance, a very pleasant staff and a suite-type room just cannot be beat. Throw in a delicious breakfast ( gotta try the breakfast sandwich!) and you have a winner all around. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank nixmum64
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and love our hot skillet breakfast sandwich. We look forward to seeing you for your next stay in Orlando!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving to take advantage fo Black Friday shopping. Reception staff were great - very friendly and efficient. Rooms comfortable and well equipped, but shower room was tiny. Breakfast good and included in room rate. Location is excellent, easy walk to several good restaurants. The car park can be accessed from either International Drive or the quieter Univeral Boulevard. Would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you choose to stay with us and we hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Booked a 2 night stay at this hotel in this past weekend for a STAY vacation to Sea World... and so glad we did. The room and the service we received were outstanding. The room was clean, spotless and spacious, we had a desk, a small bar area with a sink, fridge and coffee maker. The sofa was a sectional and the TV was a flat panel. The bedroom area was a nice size and the sheets and bed soft and comfortable. (Only downfall were the pillows – very very soft and were not comfortable) The toilet and shower were separate from the sink and counter. The towels were plenty and the hair dryer was full power. The Breakfast itself had some great choices with several hot items as well as the usual juice, cereal, muffins and Starbucks coffee is available in the bar area for a small fee. The gym area was very nice (I would love to see a workout bench in the gym).The location is perfect and driving was not necessary in the evening as it is a short stroll to numerous restaurants. The I-RIDE Trolleys is a block away so you do not need to drive to Sea World for $2.00 per person I-RIDE Trolleys drops you off at the Sea World gate and picks you up from there. Many thanks to Kim at the Front Desk Manager for making our stay very enjoyable. The Staff were VERY helpful and so pleasant to deal with. Parking is free and so is WI-FI, another bonus. Can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: I always ask for the highest floor. I was in room# 705
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank fairxchange
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful Staycation! I'm glad you enjoyed out convenient location, complimentary breakfast, and spacious guest rooms. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Wow.....when you walk into the room you feel as if your more in a business type hotel than one on International drive. The room was spotless, loads of space to chill out. TV on the wall. Walk in power shower. Great to have breakfast served on proper plates and cutlery that wasn't made of plastic ! Breakfast itself had some great choices with several hot items as as well as the usual juice, cereal, muffins. The dining area is a bit small and can get crowded at times (this was the week leading up to Thanksgiving) but you can also sit through in the bar area. Staff were VERY helpful and so pleasant to deal with. Parking is free and so is wi fi, another bonus.
The downside.....well, we only there for 2 nights at the end of our holiday. The next time we will certainly stay longer.
We booked from the UK using Travel Republic and got a great price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marion
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. We hope to see you back soon!