“An Absolute Gem!”

Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center
Ranked #50 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I always search for Hyatt hotels when I travel for business. They have yet to disappoint me! Cleanliness, service, quality of food and the guest rooms are always perfect.
This hotel does offer something special for folks that are staying multiple nights. A wide variety of restaurants all within walking distance! Choose from Don Pablo's, Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden, Denny's and more! The streets are clean and I always felt safe walking around at night. (There is even a liquor store around the corner from the hotel)
Less than two miles from convention center and you don't have to use International Drive - another bonus!

Room Tip: Can't say the hotel offers a view of any interest other than a slew of nearby hotels but, the h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ROlsen32114
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

It's a delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We hope to see you back soon, Warm Regards.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I got married at the Hyatt in Key West last year. We traveled to Orlando for our anniversary to go to the theme parks and figured we would stay in another Hyatt. Staff was mostly nice, but not as nice as the Key West staff. And while they do include breakfast in the price of the room, if you have a gluten allergy (like myself) make sure you bring your own food. They had pastries, bagels, muffins galore. And then apples/bananas. On day two they ran out of bananas, so I was able to eat an apple only. The staff didn't seem to be concerned when we asked if they had more. They said "we ran out" and shrugged. Overall, it's unlikely that I'll return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank SabrinaPbm1
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing about the issue that occurred with your stay. It is important to me that our guests are satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I am very sorry that all of our gluten free items were not clearly labeled for you. I think having all of our Gluten Free items such as our eggs and Gluten Free cereal labeled would be a wonderful idea so that they are easily identifiable! Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We managed to get an excellent deal for our stay in the Hyatt place, which we were due to stay in for the whole of our holiday in august 2011. I was stunned by the amount of space in our room, as it seemed a lot larger than some of the higher ranked hotels that we'd been to. The location was also excellent, as it was conveniently located next to a range of restaurants. We loved the free breakfast! I felt that the pool could have been a bit better as it was rather small, but we couldn't have asked for more apart from that. I'd go back there any day!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sonny C
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your Holiday with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is nice for the type of hotel it is, but is a step down from a normal Hyatt or Hilton. It is comparable to a Hampton Inn. The hotel was clean and in a good location. Breakfast was free each day. I probably wouldn't stay there again, but if I had to, I wouldn't mind.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is important to me that our guests are satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I would like to speak you regarding your experience, as I would like to learn more about your dislikes with your stay. I can be reached at 407-351-0627 ext 5104 or you can email me at Kris.Vos@Hyatt.com. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I am a fan of Hyatt Place concept, in particular the way they do breakfast. For this trip I was choosing between two Hyatt Place hotels, and picked this one as it's a bit closer to Disney World. This turned out to be a mistake.

Hyatt Place Convention center has been converted from another "suite" hotel (Amerisuites?). The rooms are on a smaller side, compared to other Hyatt Place hotels I've been to. Because of that, sleeping area is a bit tight on space - in particular there is virtually no space left between the AC and the bed. Rooms appear to be renovated somewhat recently. However, they left hard-to-replace items as is. So - the bathtub appears to be pretty old, although ours was clean. The AC is definitely old too, and the unit in our room looked pretty worn out.

Housekeeping was haphazard at best. The first day we were missing a few sets of towels. The second - all the washcloths, as well as napkins. Third - toilet paper (and napkins were still MIA), and finally the last day we got towels, napkins and TP. Unfortunately, we were then missing soap.

The last housekeeper also left her cleaner spray bottle on the sink and, for reasons I can't comprehend, decided to change our AC setting - she set it to cool 60F degrees. It was about 75F outside, so by the time I returned to the room it was ice cold, took a few hours of running AC in heater mode to bring it back to somewhat livable temperature.

Beds are extremely soft, and provide no back support. If you like soft beds - this may be your thing, though.

I suppose all of this could be an accident, and others may have a better experience. I'll just try another hotel next time - Orlando has too much choice to take chances.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bork3000
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing about the issue that occurred with your stay. It is important to me that our guests are satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I would like to speak you regarding your experience, as I would like to assist you with the inconvenience that you have mentioned. I can be reached at 407-370-4720 or you can email me at Kris.Vos@hyatt.com. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kris Vos
Hyatt Place Orlando Convention Center

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I came in for a quick weekend getaway to Orlando. We chose the Hyatt Place for its location and convenience to Universal Orlando. The hotel has recently been remodeled and we could tell, everything was fresh and clean. Staff were accommodating and friendly, the room was comfortable and had plenty of space for my family of four to move around in without feeling like we were on top of one another.

The only negative was the breakfast in the morning. It was a bit crowded and the choces were not great (liquid eggs, bacon & egg biscuits or liquid eggs) but there was still cereal, fruit and toast.

Overall great hotel and will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Love2Go80
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review us! It's a pleasure to hear that your stay was great. It is important to me that our guests are satisfied and it sounds like you were not with our breakfast selection. I hope that you will return in the future to try our hot breakfast skillet with different options each morning. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel 17th Sept for ten nights. Overall a great stay. We caught the end of the renovations so spoilt it a little bit for us but we were advised by the hotel about this before visiting.
Room a good size with all we needed. Housekeeping staff friendly but not brilliant with a duster but was still ok . I guess if we had mentioned it to the front of house they would have got it sorted for us but it was no big deal.
Breakfast a bit repetitive but always plenty of it and very filling.
Would I stay again if in the area.....a big Yes as now all renovations finished and I am shore if I visited again could give it 5 stars.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrew-Melton
Hyatt01, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are delighted that you chose to stay with us. We are very excited our new enhancements are complete and look forward to you returning in the future to experience them! Thank you!