“always a Pleasure”

Ranked #180 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
“always a Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hotel is off Universal Drive no traffic easy to get to and nice Rooms and very friendly staff. Pool is heated lovely. Parking was well lite. Pirates Golf and International Drive right behind this hotel. walking to activities close by.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have stayed at the other La Quinta properties around Universal and wanted to give this one a try. It was just OK and I would say it's not as clean and the rooms aren't as up-to-date as the other La Quinta's.

The water pressure was very low in the shower. This stinks for anyone with long or lots of hair.

A/C worked great and was VERY cold. Unfortunately you had to control it at the unit, as the wall controls are non-working.

The breakfast area wasn't really being watched over very well. Many things were out of stock (eggs, yogurt, waffle mix).

They were re-tiling the rear entrance floor when we visited. They were still working on it when we went to bed at 11:30 PM. Thankfully we could barely hear it as we were a hall length away, but I'm sure it was pretty annoying for those that were closer.

TV worked, bed was comfortable and our dog enjoyed his stay. I must say that the bathroom could've been cleaner. Our dog smelled like toilet because he likes to hang out in the bathroom. Well he does this at our house too, except he doesn't come away smelling like toilet. So it makes me think they didn't clean it very well.

The table/desk in the room was broken. We noticed the legs were all tilting out away from the top and had to re-align them for fear that the table would collapse with our laptops on it.

Oh and the staff were very friendly. I would return to La Quinta again (cause we have a dog), but I wouldn't return to this location.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Englewood Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Not happy with my stay at all. My bathroom I don't think was ever clean. Black hair strung across the floor from one end to the other. On the tissue box, in the shower, around the toilet. Everywhere. But most importantly - the management is rude and disrespectful. I was leaving with my children and husband from breakfast in the lobby to hear the Morning Manager on December 22 yell at his employee, an older gentleman -Frank. Told him he was instigating trouble and to just stop doing what he was doing. I didn't know the situation, but don't you think it would be much more professional to speak to an employee in different room with a different attitude? Just because you're a manager, doesn't give you permission to speak to your employees like that. Especially in front of guests. Another guest came up, who had been unhappy about his stay, went and asked the manger what gave him the right to speak to someone like that. The manager didn't respond, but did tell him he was sorry his hotel couldn't live up to his standards and if he didn't leave he'd call the police. This all took place in front of guests. I find it very unprofessional and I think someone should look into this manager and he needs to be known that his demeanor is completely uncalled for, My kids were upset, they didn't like the yelling and quite frankly - it wasn't handled the way it should have been. There are plenty of other La Quintas in Orlando that I'd rather visit and have a pleasant stay with them.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Morningofthesun
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thanks for your recent review of your stay at the La Quinta Inns & Suites Orlando – Convention Center. It sounds like you had a disappointing experience, and I understand your concern. Yours is not the type of experience we want our guests to have when staying with La Quinta. We’ll use your feedback and address the cleanliness issues with our Housekeeping team, and also work further with our managers. We hope to see you back at La Quinta Inns & Suites once again in the future.
St. Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel is rated a 4.5 and should only get a 1.5 and that would be just considering the front desk that was very polite and helpful. The rest of the experience was awful, to start my first room had a sofa that was filthy and even had blood stain. I was given a room on the 3 floor because the first 2 are supposed to be for dogs. Well all floors at this hotel are for dogs,my next room they changed me to, smelled like a dog vet. Me and my family ended up with allergies, the shower dripped all night. The rug was dirty, the breakfast area was not attended. I had to go to a room to get the staff, responsible to keep up with the breakfast. When she finally arrived there were several waiting for waffle mix , syrup, fruits, bagels,and muffins ;that's how long she was gone. She was very rude and upset we called her.I have been a Returns Guest for a wile but, I will consider using another hotel to stay at next time.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, unless you are traveling with Dogs and don't mind your room to smell as if...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank vincent g
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Hi Vincent!

Thanks for taking the time to write of your experience at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando - Convention Center. WOW! Not the type of experience we want any La Quinta guest to experience when staying with us! We've definitely got room to make changes here and your feedback will help us do just that in both Housekeeping and with our Breakfast! We'd like to chat with you a bit more about your time with us. Would you mind reaching out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Salisbury, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed here over the weekend for the Eukanuba dog show. We enjoyed the fact that the hotel is so close to the convention center where the show is held, it made it easy with the dogs. They are dog friendly and there were many people staying with their dogs. Overall it was very quiet.

It is located in front of I-Drive where there is a ton of shopping and dining.

The negative for me is the cleanliness of the room. I always check the room before unpacking, unfortunately this time I had just finished a 14 hour drive and had two hungry and tired dogs with us. The carpet was stained so badly. I couldn't tell what was carpet pattern and what was stain. Some of the stains look like they were never attempted to be cleaned. The phone was plugged in but the outlet for it was poking out of the wall and I had to jiggle with it to make it work. Lights were unplugged, and when I had to plug them in behind the nightstand I was greeted with lots of dust bunnies.

The bathroom needs to be updated and cleaned next time! I don't understand why some hotels don't take the time to thoroughly clean a bathroom. There was a spot of black mold on the ceiling which was very gross, and hair not belonging to me (as I noticed when we first got in) on the floor and in the shower.

I feel like asking for a clean, non-moldy bathroom is reaching for the stars sometime.

Overall the hotel provided what we needed and we weren't in the room a whole lot. Wouldn't stay again if I was in Orlando for the show next year, I would try someplace else.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elbileil
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our stay was wonderful. The beds were comfy, the room was clean, and we had a beautiful view. The staffs were very nice . I will defiantly come back and recommend family and friends. Thank you so much for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family