“Poor customer service by some members of the front desk”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #181 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
“Poor customer service by some members of the front desk”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

During our stay my daughter was snapped at by a dog during breakfast and when we complained to a male member of staff behind the front desk his customer service was appalling, he started shouting at us saying that he was going to phone the police and that the woman would be arrested and her dog would be put down. As animal lovers we did not want this, all we wanted was for him to speak to the woman and inform her that if her dog was not comfortable around people that she should either put a muzzle on the dog or leave it in the room when there are large amount of people around. Instead we were made to feel like we were in the wrong and then given aggressive and intimidating looks every time we past reception. This ruined our holiday and stay at your hotel which we spent over a year saving for.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Karlalenizy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2013

When my husband and I arrived, and we were very impressed the clerks they were nice the place is close to a lot of popular spot and a mini golf course named Pirate's Cove. The room were lovely and the beds are out of this world comfortable! The only issue I had was when I reserved a room someone there rented my room out to some other party. I didn't mind the room that I had, but it was not the room that I reserved. I called down to the front office and Jack (different clerk) picked up the phone. He was so rude and nasty he told me "well they didn't have that room for you so they gave you what was available" I was shocked. He then continued to tell me if I wanted another room I needed to pack up the things in my room and put them back In my car and rent the room out all over again and wait in the lobby or what ever I felt comfortable with. I was so mad I asked to speak to a manager and he said that the manager wont be in till 9 a.m. so I go down to the desk myself and ask another employee to speak to the manager and Lowe and behold guess who was there? The head honcho himself Bob Jones! this is the one that forwards all the emails to every guess on here asking how was there stay. I asked him first what time did he arrive and he told me 6:30 am so apparently Mr. jack didn't want me to speak to the General manager! Mr. Bob was so nice to me and he cleared everything up! At the end of the day and our stay Mr. Jack became very pleasant to me as well I am a returning customer as is and I will come and stay again I love La Quinta Inn and Suites it was a lovely stay despite what happen!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tampa Bay FL
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Clean and well kept. Right in the center of stuff to do within walking distance from the property. A good step up from the dumps for not much more money but not far off the high end places at nothing near the cost - - Great value for the location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jay R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and the staf went out of the way to assist us with our needs. The breakfast was an added bonus and was well stocked each morning. The hotel is near all of the attractions and you can commute with ease. I would highly recommend this location to other visitors.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lancashire
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped at this hotel after stopping by the La Quinta on International Drive. The guy on reception wouldn't accept our coupon & said we could get in here.

Upon arriving the lobby looked grotty & we waited for 10 mins to be served by the receptionist who said they had no rooms bar a smoking room. We know she must've been given a heads-up by the sister hotel which infuriated us even more as it was 10pm & we just wanted to find a room.

We left & found a better hotel thankfully.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple