“Super nice stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #184 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed there for 13 days and no complain at all, for sure will back again next year for our family vacay. My daughter love the pool. Kudos to Cassandra the one in the front desk she's super nice and very helpful. Good job LQ.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Arlene C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The price of the hotel was great but i would have paid more for a clean room.
Staff was very friendly. Great check in and check out experience.
We were traveling with a big group and every one of us had the exact same experience and discussed it several times- Our issue was that the rooms were dirty. Others in our group had worse examples than others. I will only tell you the issues with my room since we experienced it first hand.
Doors were gross/filthy handle areas, especially the bathroom. I had to use a wash rag to wipe down around the handles where we had to pull the door open and closed.
There was black hair (we are blonde hair family) laying directly on one comforter upon arrival. The other comforter was obviously dirty and needed to be washed/exchanged. It appeared as if a diaper had been changed on the bed or that someone sat on the bed naked and left marks- It looked like it had been wiped with a rag but it needed to be changed. Sorry to be gross but that's exactly what it looked like.
Hair on the inside of shower curtain. I was the first in the shower and as the water hit the curtain, dark hair just ran through the tub. I realize its just hair but I didn't enjoy that.
I moved the coffee pot/tray to make room on that counter for me to do my make-up and there was a used plastic knife under it and left over food markings so it was apparent the counter had not been cleaned from previous occupant.
Long mirror on the wall had sticky finger wipes all across the bottom.
I realize it is a hotel room- People are in and out on a constant basis-I'm not expecting perfection but is was pretty bad..we felt dirty in the room and did not want to do anything other than sleep and get out of it.
We went to the lobby in the evening, which was clean, to get out of the room.
Our entire group said they would not stay at that La Quinta next year.
I do appreciate your staff's kindness but that was not enough to make any of us want to come back.. the rooms are just dirty.

One more thing- I was told I had a microwave and refrigerator. Others in our group did have those- I did not. I'm not complaining about that- but it would have been nice to know. I would not have brought cold items from the grocery store before arrival.
Also, we had to leave the hotel every morning by 6:30. Breakfast wasn't until 7:00. It would have been nice if and adjustment would have been made for our large group but that was not worth complaining about. We just bought breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed her for three days in July. The hotel is great, the rooms are big and the bathroom is also huge. The free breakfast is a major plus, there was somewhat of a variety of food including make your own waffles. It is in walking distance to many resturants and it is in a great area too. Close to all the Disney and Universal Parks. They also allow pets, though I did not take mine this time. I'll be back soon to this hotel.

1  Thank anabel239
A La Quinta traveler
Naples, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel I have stayed in for the money!! Very nice rooms, very clean!! Excellent staff. Love this place!! Never stayed at La Quinta before but will plan to again in the future :) Easy commute to restaurants & Seaworld. Beautiful view of the pool from our room. This is a great value!! Oh, and I am very picky about cleanliness...

1  Thank NurseBunny
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location. We could easily walk down Idrive to many places to eat & next door to putt putt. Dog friendly. King suite had a small sofa bed, twin size. Not in it's own room but still very spacious. Breakfast area is very large, plenty of indoor or out seating. Everything clean. Same decor as all of their brands. Very tech friendly, tons of outlets in the room and lobby. Now marked as one of our favorite Orlando hotels. Nice courtyard too. Thanks to Evelyn for the awesome job she did handling the breakfast service!

• Stayed: July 2013