“Great facility in a fantastic location.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #186 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We spent three nights and wished we could have stayed longer. In fact, we are already talking about coming back next year for maybe a week. We did not experience any of the problems mentioned in some of the other reviews. We had a king suite overlooking the pool and it could not have been nicer. We had our dog with us and he did not give any sign of sniffing out any previous dog pee in our room or anywhere else in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard and the fruit bowl mentioned in another review was NOTcanned fruit--it was peeled and sectioned pieces of grapefruit and oranges, plus pineapple and grapes which I found to be quite tasty. The location is fantastic and is within easy walking distance of many nice restaurants and the area is very pedestrian friendly. The high speed WiFi had a very strong signal in our room even though we were quite far from the main lobby area. There is a very nice fenced courtyard area near the pool with numerous tables and chairs with excellent WiFi reception. We found this hotel to be very clean inside and out and in a great neighborhood.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M_and_J_in_TC
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Hotel itself is Ok, good localization, despite little bit old, but still reasonable to stay.

Problems starts with overloaded breakfast area and very late room housekeeping service. I stayed 5 nights, none of those days I had my room cleaned before 3 PM. It will not work if you intend to use your hotel room as support area for your activities.

Other issue is they are animal friendly, what is ok, but should be stated clearly during reservations. If you are persons like me that believes animals must be left on their habitat or at least outside of house, it will be a problem, I have met different kinds of dogs at corridors and elevator, or even making noise beside your room. Another thing is that might it will be your next room stay, what they have done there before?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We always stay at this LaQuinta when we come into town either for business or personal.
Great customer service, breakfast is alway plentiful, rooms are comfortable and location is great. Rooms are clean and spacious.

A TripAdvisor Member
Coral Springs, Florida, USA
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This Hotel was absolutely FANTASTIC. The staff at the front was friendly when I checked in and when I cheked out. Every time that I am in Orlando, I will definately stay at this hote. I was able to use my reward points for a discounted night. Great hotel compared to other LQ's.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We travel with our two pets, and La Quinta is a place we stay at a lot. Last time I was here (1 yr ago today) I was with my Children and little dog. It was going through a "re vamp" so I let a lot of things slide. That stay was still pretty bad. The room I was in, was dirty and the bathroom was really bad. The light on the wall didn't work, either did the hair dryer, or the plug ins, in the bathroom. The AC unit didn't kick on either, so it was stuffy in the room. The outside pool area was dirty and the tables and chairs, hadn't been cleaned since purchased. Anyhow, a last minute trip to Orlando, landed us in this hotel once again.
We stayed two nights, and had our two little dogs with us. And our Children. The room was really smelly, of dog urine. The wall around the decorative molding, had dirt or mold on it. The AC was annoying, it would not run right. The bathroom had leftover dried up pee on the seat! Pool area was dirty, as it was last time. The landscaping is trashed and alcohol bottles and cig butts were everywhere. Trash in the landscaping, a turned table was just lying on its side in the landscaping (no glass top to it) the hot tub was filled with leaves, twigs, dirt. I have a pool at home and lets just say, this pool was not kept up correctly!
The breakfast area, is okay. Has the basic waffle makers, boiled eggs, bread, bagels, yogurt, a big bowl of canned fruit, that is sitting on another bowl of ice. Gnats flying in it and around it. Yuck! Nothing special about the breakfast.
The hotel ups, is that it, is right behind the Pirate Mini Golf place. And you can actually walk to International Dr and go to stores and food places. Good location, and about 5 mins max to Sea World. Took us 15 mins to get to the Value Resort to Disney. Family was staying there. Location is a plus, but they need to do something with the pet policy, or do a clean shampoo of the carpets when a person with a pet stays, and they urinate on the carpet. It was really bad. My dogs go outside, and they were just sniffing at all the places the urine was at in the room.
Outside needs some major cleaning and sprucing up, staff was okay. Let us do a late, late check out. That was nice. Beds were comfy, but small (double beds) tv was new and worked.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is by no means my usual standard, however, I have to say its always been clean and the staff has always been very nice. This stay I was upgraded to a rather larger suite. I would call it a one bedroom suite. Again, very large and clean. The breakfast buffet serves many options and is continuously replenished.

If you are looking for an affordable disney vacation option, the La Quinta could be that option.

Room Tip: The negative about the second floor balcony rooms is that if your AC or heat is not on, you can hear...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business