La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,212 results
All reviewsfront deskuniversal blvdyogurthard boiled eggsinternational drivemake your own wafflesthe breakfast areafree breakfastwithin walking distancemini golfking suitesea worldlocation is greathot tubhousekeeping staffbeds were comfortabledisney world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We stayed here for 6 days for a trip to Disneyworld. It was very good location for DW, a maximum 20 minute drive to any of the parks, and is near a lot of restaraunts. Be warned though, the restaraunts on International (the next street over) are frequently very crowded and charge you for parking. As a side note, there is a Publix grocery store at 9930 Universal Blvd that we loved, and had an excellent bakery and deli! We loved it there. I think it helps we stayed in a King suite, which comes with a refrigerator, if you are looking to save money on food. We also went to Kennedy Space Center and Busch Gardens, which over an hours' drive from where we were.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I like La Quinta Inn because they let your pets stay with you without any additional fees, this is my 2nd stay at this location and my 3rd at La Quinta Inn chain hotels, I stayed 4 nights this time, I' ve never had any problems, very good size rooms, comfortable beds and a very good breakfast, 5 minutes to Universal Studios and the price was perfect as I used my AARP discount, no complaints so far, I really recommend it to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed there for one night and found the room very clean, not cramp and comfortable. The rate was good considering the location. Staff was friendly and got me checked in quickly. The continental breakfast was good. I would happily stay there again.
I gave it four stars instead of five due for two reasons.
One since this is a hotel in major tourist town I think there should be a mini-fridge in the room.
The other reason is a lack of available outlets. It's becoing a pet peeve of mine and I am tired of packing a surge protector to remedy this problem with hotels. There was not even an available outlet next to the desk. My choice was to unplug the lamp or modem to use my laptop and since I needed the modem, it was the lamp. With cell phones, laptops and other electronics I think hotels should be updating their hotels to accomodate this need.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I stayed at La Qunita for a night to meet up with some family members to celebrate my birthday. I have a small well behaved dachshund who sometimes travels with me, and it has never been a problem as we have stayed at other La Quintas. While I was at Universal City Walk thenight of my b'day, there was a complaint about my dog. I left her asleep around 9pm and returned to the room that night about 12:45am and she was still asleep. I didn't find out about the problem until the next morning when I went to see if I could extend my stay another night. A very rude older man, who needs an attitude adjustment and a lesson in customer service (wish I had gotten his name) was on the desk that morning and snarled at my dad who had gone down to see about staying another night. ''Not iunless you learn to control your dog'' was this person's reponse. We had no idea what he was talking about. Another employee who was at the desk came to smooth things over when he apparently heard the rudeness of the other employee. We were informed that someone became ''unhinged'' due to my dog, and that this person on our floor threatened to shoot my dog and that this person became so out of control that the police were called on this guy. They said they had left messages on my cell phone. There was only one call from the hotel that night on my phone and they dropped the call and did not leave a message. The more diplomatic gentelmen told us we were welcome to stay, that the problem was more with the individual that caused the disturbance and not our dog. We left anyway not wanting to stay after what was a poorly handled incident . When I got home all the messages they claimed to have left on my cell phone were on my home phone! Why would they call me at home knowing I was there and I clearly gave them my cell phone number. The female employee who left the messages made it sound as if the police were called because of my dog, when we in fact, were informed it was because of the individual who made the complaint and was acting irrational. Very poorly handled. Some of the staff clearly needs better training and to learn proper procedure of putting people on the appropriate floors that have pets. They put us on the 2nd floor when apparently they should have put us on the 1st floor. We informed them we had a small pet when we checked in. And the hotel needs signs to inform those that don't like dogs that this is supposedly a pet friendly hotel. I spoke with someone else who was staying on the same floor I was that night, just before I left. And they said they heard what seemed like someone mistakenly trying to use a key card on our door and push at the door. Apparently, it caused my dog to bark some as any dog would do. The disturbed individual who made the comlplaint then went and apparently was banging on our door.

I was planning on returing next month for a concert in Orlando but my friends and I who had planned to book 3 rooms will stay elsewhere.

Also, housekeeping goes around knocking on doors at 8 am. There are people on vacation who do like to sleep in some. Many better options in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 12, 2011

La Quinta Inn was a pleasant surprise upon arrival, because room rates were about 60 $ a night in a peak-season (big Meeting in Orlando), whereas all other hotels nearby the Convention Center were in the 120-250 $ range. Rooms are spacious and confortable, with free internet connection (and wifi in the lobby) the complimentary breakfast quite basic but convenient - the swimming pool is allright (can't tell why they bother in warming up the water, when it's 30°C outside in early April - it's better to swim at night, when it's cooler outside). There is great restaurant across the road: Tony Roma - really great food and quite affordable (you have as well the Capital Grill a little bit further away, on the road to the C.C. actually, but definitely more expensive and chic). So OK, it's not as trendy as the Peabody or the Hilton Convention Center, but if If you attend some kind of meetings at the C.C. and you don't want to waste money while having a decent accomodation, this is definitely the place to stay! Final point: the staff is just great - booking a taxi or any kind of service was never a problem - for instance, I just could not find my car keys (parked in some french airport) when leaving and waiting for the taxi in the hotel lobby- all the staff tried to find them anywhere in the hotel, they even called back the maid that cleaned our room when we checked out (and as you guess it, they were in my pocket, as usual) - but I found great the way they tried to help me.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business