“Excellent value, well appointed rooms, restfull”

Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #178 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lonesome
“Excellent value, well appointed rooms, restfull”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

This was my first time staying in a Residence Inn as I never really saw the need for a "suite" while travelling. However, the complimentary reception in the evening and the hot breakfast in the morning, more than made up for the room charge. I was concerned that my room may be noisy as it was right next to the elevator, however, being able to close the bedroom door gave me plenty privacy and a sense of security. I always wear earplugs when in hotels, but I didn't really need them. My only complaint was that the televisions were outdated and picture quality poor. Also, my telephone had no dial tone so I went to my friends room to use the telephone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The service you get at this hotel was great. The rooms was so nice it made you feel like you were coming back home at night instead to a hotel. The room was very clean and you could really relax. The hotel was so center in the area that there was everything you needed within walking distance from the hotel. The location was great and the rooms were better. I enjoyed by stay at this hotel very very much, it was very relaxing and cozy.

NW FL
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We chose this hotel based on the fact that there were enough beds for our family of 5, free breakfast buffet and a pool. We weren't looking for fancy, just safe, clean and big enough. We could not have been happier. The hotel was quiet and staff was kind and friendly. Breakfast was your basic morning buffet but very good, well staffed and amply stocked. One day we just hung out at the pool and were practically the only ones there all afternoon. Free parking and free wireless internet round out the "Why would you stay anyplace else and pay a fortune for all this stuff??" category.
The hotel is within walking distance to The Pointe Orlando and is in the newer, safer, cleaner area of the International Drive area. Lots of restaurants within minutes in every direction.
The one complaint I have, which I have to say is kind of a big one for me, was the TV situation. We don't go on vacation so our kids can watch TV but I thought it would be nice to let them stay in their room and watch something kid-friendly in the morning (since they are such early birds) so we could sleep in a bit. Looking at the Channel Guide atop the TV set, I told the children they could select from 3 different channels (Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and the Walt Disney World tourist channel). It's a good thing I decided to check turn on their TV and actually CHECK those channels...the guide was obviously outdated and the Channels specified for those networks were actually for more mature viewers. To make matters worse, the hotel no longer even carries channels for children but there is one channel called LOGO which features graphic gay and lesbian movies and programming (this is not noted anywhere on the channel guide either).
We were surprised in a tourist oriented town like Orlando that caters to families that this was the case at the hotel. When we called to the front desk even the staff member didn't know what networks the hotel had and what channels they were on. (We just decided against allowing the kids to watch anything, which was fine.) I didn't like that there were channels with graphic programming that weren't noted anywhere and could have easily been accessed without warning.
Other than that, we were very pleased with our family getaway. It took us no more than 10 minutes max to get to Disneyworld. You can't beat the price and location for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank QRB
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We travel extensively and try to stay only at Marriott properties. Location was very good and handy. Room was slightly dated and worn. Mostly do to rough tenants I assume. Front desk staff were way beyond friendly and helpful. Would definately stay again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Tampa
Reviewed July 2, 2010

The entire team from the moment you check in, have breakfast or pass in the hallway are always smiling with a greeting. They make me feel like I arrived home. They treat all the same way as you see them interact with others. The people make you want to return!

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2010

My husband was attending a conference in Orlando. The staff was very helpful. The room was terrific - it was actually a large modern studio apartment with FULL kitchen facilities, king size bed, large vanity & closet. Lots of good task lighting. I appreciated the "no problems, easy" wireless service, comfortable desk & chair. We did not actually use the kitchen facilities but thought we might. They will actually shop for food supplies for you (we did not require this) if you leave a list - I have never had this service offered in other hotels. There was a laundry across the hall - I did not discover this until the day before we left. Because everything was so easy, I didn't read the list of hotel amenities. The location was excellent for us. We could walk (or short drive) to many restaurants - wide variety. My husband was able to walk to the conference centre if he missed the shuttle. The location was surprisingly quiet - although just one block from International.
We had a rental car. Parking was abundant & well lit.

I have one small complaint which may not be a fair complaint because I did not ask for assistance. The air conditioner was either on or off. I don't think there was an adjustment to keep the fan running all of the time. The on & off operation during the night would wake me although it did not keep me awake.

I highly recommend this hotel for singles, couples and families.

Maryland
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed in this Residence Inn the first week of June for 5 nights. We had a two bedroom suite on the fifth floor. The room was up to the excellent standards we have come to expect from Marriott. We were greeted warmly on check-in. The room was clean, and stocked with pots, pans, dishes and flatware. The location is great. There is a new Publix grocery store one mile down the road on Universal Blvd. Walgreens is also just down the road on Universal and another on International Drive. The hotel is between Universal Blvd and International Drive so you can walk to a large number to restaurants and attractions. The hotel is also two minutes from Universal Orlando and Island of Adventure. The breakfast buffet in the morning was well stocked and kept full by several staff. The same can be said each evening for the manager’s reception which included free draft beer and different dining options each night. Parking is ample and there is a trolley stop right in front of the hotel. House keeping also did a great job keeping the room clean and they even ran the dishwasher one day when I forget too.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family