Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$261
$191
$127
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$149
$388
$303
Hotels.com
All reviewsinternational drivetwo bedroom suitefull kitchenuniversal blvda marriott rewards memberevening receptionyogurtwalking distancethe breakfast areafree breakfastfront desk staffhot breakfastbahama breezebed was very comfortablestayed here for nightssleeper sofasea world
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I thought this was an excellent hotel. Everything was very clean, breakfast was good, and everyone that worked there was so helpful and nice. They even had dinner with drinks every night for free! There are definitely things that need some improvement such as quality of towels, but that's not a big deal. Location is fantastic (close to all the restaurants/bars). Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Gina F, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Personal_Legend1, Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad to hear you had an overall pleasant stay. We will be passing on your kind words to all the members on our team. Thanks for pointing out to the cleanliness of our rooms and the complimentary breakfast that we provide daily . We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

First of all, don't follow Google's instructions on how to find it. The hotel is in an area with several others off one side of Universal. It is close to Seaworld and the convention center. Parking was free.

We were in town for a Thanksgiving getaway and we enjoyed our stay here. Our room was very clean and was certainly appropriate for a longer stay. My son liked the fact that there were two TVs so he and I could both watch what we wanted.

We found the hotel to be clean, although maybe a little more attention could have been paid to the pool area. The pool was fine in temperature, but the hot tub could have been hotter.

The thing that I wanted to commend the staff for was putting on a real Thanksgiving dinner on that day. After a day at the parks, the last thing I wanted to do was get in the car and look for a restaurant. It was very kind and thoughtful that they hosted dinner there. It was very tasty, too.

I would stay there again.

1  Thank Midwesterner007
Gina F, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear "Midwesterner007", We appreciate you taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay with other travelers. We are delighted to hear your stay with us was pleasant and that you truly enjoyed it. Thank you for all the comments you made in regards to our location, cleanliness, and the Thanksgiving dinner that we provided during our evening social. We hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel itself seems recently remodeled, and I use that term loosely. It seems that they came in, replaced the carpet, painted most of the walls, and updated parts of the bathrooms and kitchens. Having said that, the interior seems dated and worn. Holes in the walls were simply patched with gobs of plaster and not even painted over. The wood furniture is worn and appears to be 15-20 years old. The walls and windows do not keep out sound.

The worst part was the cleanliness of our room or lack thereof. There was urine in our toilet, there were BBs and pellets all over one of the bedroom floors, and someone's chap stick was laying in the middle of the floor. Clearly the room was not cleaned. Gross. I called and maintenance came up and cleaned the toilets and took all the BBs and pellets I picked up.

Simply put, the hotel itself and the cleanliness were not up to expectations of a Marriott establishment.

As a side note, I had an earlier review for this location removed for being published to the wrong location. It was not. It seems as though the hotel did not like my accurate review. In fact, I have seen other negative reviews mysteriously disappear recently as well. Hmmmmm.

1  Thank Dizane
Gina F, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Dizane, Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologizes for the inconveniences we caused you during your stay with us. I have personally looked into issues to ensure we do not repeat the same experience you had again. I truly hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Not quite up to what I was expecting but the beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. We reserved a 2 bedroom suite so we could take our granddaughter to SeaWorld to swim with the dolphins. Maybe it was the word suite that is the problem, it brings up connotations of comfort and elegance and at a total price of $290 for a night that is what I was expecting. The first room we received still had underwear and food in the dresser drawers from a previous occupant in our granddaughters room. When my wife called down to the desk they said they would send someone up to clean it but I called back and they moved us to a room on the fifth floor immediately without any problem. The initial room was on the 2nd floor and smelled a lot like curry throughout the halls. The fifth floor did not seem to have this problem. Both rooms were what I would call a little tired, patches here and there and painted over furniture to cover scratches. Management seemed genuinely concerned and had sent me emails by the time we got home apologizing for the situation and even crediting my Marriott rewards card with bonus points which was very considerate. I would suggest updating the worn out furniture and use a professional contractor to do repairs.

Room Tip: 2nd floor hallways smelled of curry, 5th floor had no odors
1  Thank DKB100
Gina F, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear DKB100, Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you pointing out to the comfortability of our beds. I apologize about the issues you faced with your room and will be immediately looking into these issues to ensure they are corrected and do not reoccur. I am truly sorry to hear your experience with us was not satisfactory. This is definitely not what we strive here for and I truly hope you will give us another chance in the future so that we can really impress you!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The worst part was the cleanliness of our room or lack thereof. There was urine in our toilet, there were BBs and pellets all over one of the bedroom floors, and someone’s chap stick was laying in the middle of the floor. Clearly the room was not cleaned. Gross. I called and maintenance came up and cleaned the toilets and took all the BBs and pellets I picked up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Gina F, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Dizane,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment about our hotel. We truly apologize for the lack of cleanliness you experienced. I have notified our entire staff of this incident and we are working really had to make sure this problem never occurs again. If there is anything else we can do please let us know!

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Gina F