“Marriott?”

GreenLeadersBronze level
FL
“Marriott?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed at Marriott properties for business and pleasure. We knew the lobby was being remodeled thanks to a thoughtful email prior to our stay. The temp check-in was in a guest room and at first we were given a room right next to the it. Drilling while we were trying to check in. We refused the room and were given one a few flights up and away from the construction. The people next to us insisted on leaving their door open and tv blaring. Upon entering the shower, it had dirty footprints in it!!! We packed up and insisted upon having a reservation made at another property. What a drag to go find the place at 10:00 pm. On a side note...nothing like this has ever occurred at any other Marriott we've been to. This property is not up to Marriott's standards. They were also out of those candy treats that they usually have for guests.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Aquanymph
Soli B, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate the feedback from our guests. I am sorry that your recent stay did not mirror your previous ones. We strive to meet or exceed guests expectations and will take your comments and use them to make adjustments to our operation. Thank you again for your comments. Please come back to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed for one night on Sept. 7th, and were not expecting a difficult time even finding the temporary registration room. Once we got checked in, and given the grap & go as they are only offering that or a bus ride to the local Denny's for breakfast options, we had a room just down the hall from that location. It was a suite with a seperate bedroom and bath and TV, from the main kitchen and desk and eating area with another TV. The bed was fine, but had to keep the door shut in there all of the time as there was so much noise from the hallway and music that the staff had playing constantly that we couldn't even sleep or watch TV or read without disturbance. Never been to a hotel with music playing all of the time. Was not impressed with the selection of items in the grab and go bag at all. Horrible choices and definitely not worth it. Had to call the front desk and ask for a list of TV channels available as none in the room and that took forever for someone to bring even when it was about 2 doors away from office. Did not use the internet or any of the other items such as business center, etc. Not up to other Residence Inn standards as it is now. It is a convenient location though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Soli B, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I am really disappointed and I would like apologize for you did not have a great stay at our hotel during your visit. I understand your disappointment for not having a regular breakfast or having a temporary front desk for this time. As you are realize that our hotel is in the middle of the massive renovation mainly in the Lobby , front desk and kitchen area. As a result of that by trying to maintained the breakfast we had two options for our guest by offering the Grab and Go breakfast(If the guest need to be in the run) or we can send our guest to Denny"s with our shuttle to have Grand Slam Breakfast (if you like to relax in the morning). Off course those breakfast are complimentary for all our guests during the renovation for the next five weeks. We also strive to put the signs all over in our parking lot to make for our guest easy to find where is our registration located. Let me assure you that our staffs and I try to reduce the stress for our guest during our renovation time, and I would like to invite you back if you in the area in the near future, so you can see how our hotel and staffs are. Please contact me for reservation by calling the hotel directly.
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I feel I have to write in the defence of the Residence Inn by the convention centre.

We have been many times and had nothing but 1st class service and we are returning again in November and will continue to do so as long as we are able.

The staff are wonderful and Jesse makes us feel very much at home so please do not pay attention to any negative reviews. I know evrybody has there own standards but I think it is unfair the comments so people have made.

We have been going to Orlando for a long time now and tried various hotels and the Residence Inn by the Convention Centre ib far the best for value and wonderful staff.

Margaret, Edinburgh, Scotland

Room Tip: We always get the 3rd floor and have not experienced any noise and we like the view on to the pool
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MargaretI
I would like to thank you for the nice comment toward our hotel Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center. As you said we had so many hotels available in the area, by looking at our blog you can see that we try our best to make our guest feel home as their home away from home. Again thank you and I am looking forward to see again in November.
sugarhill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

it was a wonderful place to stay. we will be back next year same place. staff was wonderful and very nice. all the stores giftshops was near by. all theme parks was close by as well. me and my wife we had a wonderful time

Room Tip: first floor was good not m to go with your bags elevator slow
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Soli B, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your kind words to our hotel Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center. We appriciate your business and we are looking forward to have you here again.
New Port Richey, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

They are stating that after we checked out (wife and I booked 2 nights there) we checked right back in a few hours later, stayed an extra week and ordered groceries a few times and bought gift cards. At this point they've taken over $500 and have been trying to take more. We explained to them this was impossible as the morning after the first night, I was taken to the hospital for an illness and was at the hospital for the entire time they were stating we stayed there. We've talked to several Managers and all just say "We'll look into this" and then never call us back, we've even Faxed them my release papers from the hospital proving I couldn't have been there. They still refuse to refund the money and refuse to return our calls.

The night I did get to sleep there was terrible, the bed was ROCK hard and extremely uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaymanchu
Thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your stay. I hope you can see from other blogs on this site, your experience in no way represents how we conduct business and actions have been taken to prevent them from happening again. I firmly believe that your experience with our hotel was an isolated incident, as per our conversation as agreed, this matter should be closed. Please feel free to contact me via email from this site to discuss any further questions you have. Also, should your travel schedule bring you back to Orlando, please email me directly so we can be sure you have a chance to see our hotel in a true light
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband & I made a spontaneous decision to get away for Labor Day weekend. He booked the hotel through Priceline the same day we wanted to check in, yet when we arrived we were told they didn't have any rooms available. After double checking the system we were offered the only thing they had left, a king room, that was handicap accessible. I wasn't to trilled at first but after looking through the room it was fine. Now let me inform you I thoroughly inspect hotel rooms, so much so I have my own black light (no joke) after going over the entire room, there were a few stains on the sheets that were visible without having to use the black light. Actually, they look like they may have been burns from the dryer or something but nevertheless, I went downstairs to request new linen before we unpacked. There was a man & a women at front desk but they were in the back at a computer, I waited a minute or so and the man said "Can I help you?" I answered I needed to have my linen changed in my room and he made the most aggravated, disgusted, rolled his eyes face, right in front of me! He said " your room number" Seeing his reaction I asked him if my request was a going to be a problem. His reply " No ma'am, your room number" I gave him the requested information, said thank you and walked back to my room to tell my husband how rude he was to me. Not wanting to unpack until our linen was changed my husband and I left the room to find a store and when we returned maybe 30 minutes later we walked in as that same rude person was in our room changing our sheets! Jesse, the manager was walking the halls and saw me standing by the door and asked if everything was ok, I told him it was fine. He noticed the men in my room and walked in to oversee what was going on. As my husband & I waited for them the finish he apologized about the inconvenience and offered us a beverage of our choice in the market downstairs, which was very nice. I wanted to confront that other guy so badly, and tell him how rude he was to me but I resisted that urge since Jesse did what the other guy should have done and made me fell much better about the situation. Clearly, Jesse is the manager for a reason. Now on to the good stuff.

PROS:
***Breakfast: Again, Jesse was there and he was so helpful to everyone. Very attentive making sure everyone was happy. He really turned my trip around after such a rocky start.
***Comfy Beds
***Location: very close to I-Drive
***Housekeeping was wonderful, everyone that we saw on our floor, including maintenance was very pleasant.
***Free Parking
***Awesome Kitchenette!

Cons
***Thin walls, we could hear people in the hallway as if they were in our room!
***Parking was limited
***Side Entry hallway, by the marked "housekeeping" area on the first floor was filthy. The floor looked like it had never seen a mop. The walls had the same resemblance. Plus, if you're going to have white doors then clean them. They were so dirty.
***Elevator was snail pace slow, if I wasn't on the top floor I would have taken the stairs.
***The remote in my room was covered in food, looked like pizza.
HUGE NEGATIVE: I tend to tidy up the room before I leave, so as I'm cleaning I noticed a small pile of Cheeto Puffs hiding behind the coffee pot! I kid you not! Funny thing is, I thought my husband put them there to "test" housekeeping since I brought the exact same chips with me. I asked my hubby and he said he didn't put them there! I picked up one and it was so stale, I know it had to have been there before us. I pulled the coffee maker all the away out, to clean them up and there was WHOLE GARLIC CLOVE! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Clearly, someone tested housekeeping and they FAILED MISERABLY! Discovering this confirmed I don't see myself returning here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tweet820
I'm concerned about the rude behavior of our desk staff, limited parking during your visit, slow elevator,and room cleanliness you recently experienced, and I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel
is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently,
it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests, and I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

However, in order for me to promptly resolve the issues you raise, I need additional information. Please contact me by telephone or letter with the arrival date of your reservation, a confirmation number (if you can provide one) and any other facts you consider pertinent.

Once again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience. I look forward to discussing this matter with you upon receipt of the information I've requested.
Caracas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

It's perfectly situated close to Universal Studios and close to International Drive. The staff was very nice all the thime. Breakfast is ok. The room is a suite with 2 environments, a room and a living room with kitchinette. Room is wide enough to be really confortable. Everything was clean and as expected. I would definetly reccommend it. Great value hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Soli B, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
to receive your kind words of praise on how friendly is our staffs and cleaniness of our suite at the Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit