“4th time at this hotel”

Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #182 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here November 2011 Cannot praise the staff enough as nothing was too much trouble and they went out of there way to make you feel welcome. Must include cleaning staff , dining staff and maintenance staff) This is the first The Manager has been on hand and was there every morning (or a member of the management team) to make sure you were happy. Hoping to go back this November

Room Tip: We prefer a room higher rather than lower, 3 or 4th floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here over New Years 2012. As many have said, the staff is very friendly. Addtionally, there is free parking unlike many of the Marriott properties in the area. The breakfast was very good and despite the fact that the place was very crowded (especially with kids), they kept bringing out trays of pancakes and eggs even after the 'official time' for breakfast was past, until everyone had eaten. Now for the downside, this property definitely shows its age. There was one elevator at the end of the hall by the lobby which also served as the service elevator. We were forever waiting for the elevator. I would have taken the stairs but the stairwell opened on the first floor to the outside, not to the hallway. The heator/air conditionaer sounded like a plane was taking off next door. We just turned it off at night and got another blanket. There were NO towel racks int he bathroom. Very strange for an extended stay hotel when you might not want service every day. And during my stay the message light came on my phnoe. When I dialed for messages I was transferred to the front desk. They sent up someone to 'fix' my phone. The technician told me this had to be fixed downstairs. DUH. He left the light went out and came back an hour later and still did not work. I wasn't concerned about missing a message, but I had to put a towel over the phone so I could sleep. The stay was OK but I would probably seek out another property for my next visit.

Room Tip: Due to lack of elevators, first floor is best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My family and I stayed at the hotel between Christmas and New Years (2011). The staff is friendly (as many have said on here), but there are some problems. (1) The second night we were there, there was an armed robbery in the parking lot. (2) The next night, there were two cars broken into, windows destroyed. The reason these things occured, is the lighting in the parking lot is poor, at best. They have a fair amount of lighting in the parking lot, but they have not cut back the trees under the lights, creating the darkness. What's more upsetting to me is the fact that the owners of the property have gone out of their way to post countless, large signs all over their parking lot stating they are not responsible for these types of incidents. They could have taken the higher road and just cut back the trees and place an inexpensive surveillance system in their packing lot to actually protect their patrons and their property. Kinda find it funny that there's several camera's above the front desk (to protect their employees), but nothing outside to protect their customers.....just signs saying you're on your own. This is corporate idiots at their worse. I love the Marriott Corporation and realize this is only a franchise owned by some group. However, the Marriott name IS on the property and should be held to those standards. Hotel positives include; location, internet connection, breakfast, their themed hospitality nights from 6-7:30pm, staff, laundry on all floors, cleanliness. Housekeeping was a little shaky, as they forgot to leave towels a couple of times and hadn't cleaned the room by 6pm (when we arrived back) one night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim R
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My boyfriend stayed at this hotel from December 2nd until December 10th of this year. The staff was great right from the beginning. When we checked in they were friendly and we were greeted by the general manager.

Our room was a good size and it was nice having a kitchen. It was a fairly quiet hotel and had a nice pool area.

The breakfast was very nice and the staff mingled with you while you ate. I have never met such friendly and hospitable people working at a hotel. It made our stay very nice. A few nights a week they also have a social hour and there is food and drinks in the early evening.

The only thing two things that could have been approved on was the slow elevator and the noisy air conditioning unit that was in a closet at the foot of the bed. Other than that our stay was very nice and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Positive aspects:
1) Location,close to several atractions.
2) Value for money.
3) Cleanability
4) Room and bathroom sizes.
5) Breakfast,very good.
6) Free parking.
7) Free internet in room.
8) Hospitality of the staf,they are very polite.
9) Laundry in all floors.
10) Several amenities for guests like coffee,cookies and evening meal.

Negative aspects:
1) No safe in room.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank limasboy
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We stayed here last August after much research. We decided on this hotel as we were planning to do more Universal Studios tours and only go to downtown Disney.

We stayed at a Suite with two bedrooms and bathrooms, kitchen, and a living room. The room was great, and very clean. The staff were friendly and the free breakfast was very good. We were able to make use of the laundry room (there is one on every floor).

There is free parking and free wifi connection.

The area is great too as it is within walking distance (through the side of the hotel) to many restaurants and a short drive to Universal Studios.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pandacb
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I had a conference to attend that was being held at the Peabody hotel, but I didn't want to pay Peabody rates, so being a Marriott fan I chose this hotel.

You get what you pay for - a two bedroom suite was considerably less than a single room at the Peabody, but this is a Residence Inn that could do with a little renovation. The refrigerator in the kitchen area looked like someone had been at it with a ball peen hammer.

However, although the room was worn it was very clean. The water was hot and the free Internet access was relatively snappy. You also can't beat the location, within easy walking distance of both the Peabody, the Convention Center and a number of restaurants and activities.

Plus, I have to say a word about the friendly staff. They were amazing. One of the women actually broke out into song at breakfast.

If a no frills place to stay near the convention center is what you are looking for, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. If you want something a little nicer or closer to the parks, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business