“Run down and noisy”

Ranked #175 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Maryland
“Run down and noisy”
Reviewed July 30, 2007

We stayed at this hotel on July 16th before we started our trip to WDW. I got a OrlandoMagicard rate of $79 for a family fun suite. Upon our arrival, we were impressed by the security gate and the lush grounds. I had asked for the family fun suite on the quiet side of the hotel after reading other reviews. Well if this was the quiet side, I would hate to be on the noisy side. We were on a corner 1st floor room. There were yelling people, car alarms, etc. all through the night. In the family fun suite there is a 3/4 high board that separated the kids beds(bunkbed and single bed) from our bed. When we entered the room, we did have to fix one of the corner boards which had fallen down. The kids did like being away from us with their own tv. Our five year old was scared by a spider climbing down the wall and we had to switch beds with another one of our kids. The continental breakfast was what it was supposed to be in the morning. I guess if you want a cheap place close to Disney, this may be your place. To us, it was run down and noisy. I would save up the money and stay at a Disney Resort.

• Liked — Palm trees on the property and internet access
  • Disliked — rundown condition of property and the noise
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank OntheGoInMaryland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Czech first
south yorkshire
Reviewed July 25, 2007

our first time in orlando we flew with virgin (excellent ) and stayed at the comfort inn. brilliant we hired a car from the reception no problem and good price we only hired the car for 2 days to go to daytona and coco beach
other wise we didnt need one there are busses that take you to all the parks however we went with another couple and got taxis when needed ..not too often i may say. there are a couple of bars and places to eat within a five minute walk' went in the irish bar most nights for a couple of beers. Could not fault the staff at all they are so helpfull would deffinatley go back sooner rather than later

• Liked — it was clean and just what we needed
  • Disliked — noisy air con
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
6 Thank 5n58s
Neosho, Missouri
Reviewed July 20, 2007

We stayed here for five nights, July 9-13. After reading about the noise on the I-4 side, we asked for rooms facing the parking lot. We were given two rooms on the 4th floor, in the last building by the water. It was very quiet, even though there were several groups staying. The only problem we had was with the breakfast. After one morning fighting the crowds for mini powdered donuts, fruit cocktail, bread, and cereal, we found
The Sizzler on the main street. With the coupon found in the hotel booklet we ate a buffet for $4.50 each. We also had one evening meal there. The manager was a very nice man from South Africa who made sure everything was taken care of. I would recommend eating here instead of the hotel.

• Liked — access to Disney complex
  • Disliked — the free continental breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maya62908
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2007

This trip was actually from last summer, but I thought I'd write an review anyways. (I'm a new member) Sorry If you don't find this very useful.
My stay was okay. It was 5 days/ 4 nights. There were 7 of us from nyc. We booked everything via a travel agency, so everything was already paid for including the tickets to Disney. We were picked up from the airport then were given keys to our rooms, which were on the second floor, kinda near the pool. Put down all our stuff in the rooms, then we took a walk around the hotel. We then went to eat at this buffet restaurant, which was less than a 10 min walk. There were also 4 or 5 other restaurants and little grocery stores. A little futher down the road, there is this big intersection. You could also find more stores and restaurants across the road. They were all within a walking distance, max 20 mins from the hotel. You'd have to walk thru their parking lot everytime. It was nice though, walking to dinner then stoping by the stores on the way back.
We did go to the free breakfast in the a.m. We were usually there by 9 or 9:30a.m. There was a hostess and it was less than a 5 mins wait at that time. Breakfast was okay. You'd still need to get in line to get a bit to eat. I don't ususally eat breakfast myself, so that didn't matter to me.
After breakfast, just to make sure you are NOT late for the shuttle bus to Disney. The bus will have a few stops, depends on which park you are going to.
Coming back from the parks, sometimes there are not enough seats for everyone. For the people who gets on the last couple stops before we come back to the hotel, they'd have to stand.
A few of us spent some time at the pool one day, while a couple people went to the Outlets across the highway (They had to take a cab). The pool area was okay. Of course, there are kids, which I didn't really mind. Brought our own towels, even though I think they said there were some avaliable for the guests.
The rooms were okay too. Enough space for 4 people to walk around. Bed was okay, but I didn't like the blanket. It didn't seem that clean to me and the texture of the blanket was rough.
The sink was fine being outside of the bathroom. So people can get ready quicky.
The rooms were a little too cold at nights, especially if you're sleeping on the bed next to the AC. We always had to turn it off first thing in the morning.
Overall, the stay was okay for the price. I would probably stay somewhere else next time, just to have a different experience.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
3 Thank BlogOneFive
Brit in NL
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We booked this through Virgin. Disney All Star resort ect was the same price, but we did'nt want "total Disney". It was "Okay", I was a bit dissapointed with the standard, we paid a lot of money...But, as a motel goes, it was okay. The room was big enought for three of us and was clean. The shop is very overpriced, as is the restaurant. It was a bit out the way for us. We did'nt take a car as the brochure said it was close to lots of restaurants, Downtown ect. It's not, it's at least a 10-15 min walk anywhere and a taxi ride to Downtown DISNEY. Beware the taxi company the hotel will call for you! Very expensive, we used Checker Cabs it's cheaper. Also, if you fancy some take out beer or wine, use the 7-11 down the street. Also beware the "free transport to Disney", it's not great!! It's free but the timings are really bad and we ended up taking a taxi a lot. Alsoi beware the guest services Desk, they just want you to go and look at timesdare apartmets.T The Lake Buena Vista Shopping Centre is goos, and they pick up, free of charge at the hotel. Everyone expects a tip though, so be aware of that.
The Comfort Inn is okay for a place to stay,. but the location, facilities ect leave a bit to be desired.
That said, all the staff we're very nice, rooms were clean,pools were nice. It is noisy though as it' s a motel and not a resort and you can book off the street so you get all kinds of people there.

• Liked — The Pool
  • Disliked — The Location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank rubiachicca
Va Beach
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We stayed 6/19/2007-6/25/2007
It is a great location. We have been to Disney many times, but far the best location. We had a family suite. One queen bed, and then a wall that separates the kids area which is bunkbeds and a single bed. It was nice that my 3 kids had their own beds.
The ac was brand new in the room, as well as the fridge. The room was clean, BUT...it needed updating..The maids cleaned the room each day,but forgot to restock things..They would take the dirty towels, but not always replace with clean towels. They never restocked the toliet paper. We called and they would bring anything we needed up. I have never experienced maid service like that. If you clean a room, restock it as well..seems common sense.
The free breakfast buffet was fine, we never encountered long lines or any lines. We were always there right around 7:30, and in the car by 7:50am. We did pay for the hot breakfast two times, and got the free stuff the other days. We paid for the buffet at dinner two nights as well. It was OK...lots to choose from. The waitress told us, many things came from boxes, like the chicken tenders,and the pies etc..The staff was friendly in the restaurant.

Checking in was not so great. At check in at 3pm room wasnt ready, at 3:45, room still wasnt ready and I am mad. I speak with an asst manager she finds us another family suite.We trek up there and keys do not work,so now I am fuming. FInally she finds us another room and we check in at 4:15. I explained that after booking 4 months in advance and traveling many hrs to get there, I EXPECT my room to be ready. My parents were with us, my mother reserves a handicapped room where there is no tub, but a roll in shower. The assured her that is what she would have. They give her a room and indeed it is NOT a handicapped room. The desk attendant agrues with my mother that it is...There was none available for that night, but she would get one for the rest of their stay. The did not charge her for the first night. She did switch to a real handicap room the next morning.

We had a room facing the parking lot on the 2nd floor. It was quiet.The pool was WONDERDUL. It was warm, it was extremely clean. Some days their were pool towels, some days not...
We did not have any bugs in the room, the entire stay. I did find some mold high up on the shower walls, I think they could of cleaned better.

All in all I was not disappointed. It was a nice value hotel, in a good location. It was clean enough, and staff was friendly enough. I would stay there again.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the housekeeping staff was not the best
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Jackie0824
New Hampshire
Reviewed June 25, 2007

My family and I stayed here from 6/16-6/22. I started getting a little nervous about this hotel after I booked it after reading some of the reviews. i am so glad that we stayed here. The only suggestion I have is check their website before reservations. We got 2double beds, hot buffet breakfast every morning for $59 a night. This package was only available on their website. The rooms were CLEAN! The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was great. We even had a room on the I-4 side, but with the AC on, we didnt hear a thing. Check in and check out was fast.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for the family on a budget. It took us all of 5 minutes to get to the parks, Downtown Disney is practically across the street.
My only complaint is is that I couldnt bring the pool home with me.
Dont be scared by the other reviews!!!!! Excellent hotel!!!!

Stayed June 2007