“Excellent hotel”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #177 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 25, 2007

My family and I stayed here from 6/16-6/22. I started getting a little nervous about this hotel after I booked it after reading some of the reviews. i am so glad that we stayed here. The only suggestion I have is check their website before reservations. We got 2double beds, hot buffet breakfast every morning for $59 a night. This package was only available on their website. The rooms were CLEAN! The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was great. We even had a room on the I-4 side, but with the AC on, we didnt hear a thing. Check in and check out was fast.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for the family on a budget. It took us all of 5 minutes to get to the parks, Downtown Disney is practically across the street.
My only complaint is is that I couldnt bring the pool home with me.
Dont be scared by the other reviews!!!!! Excellent hotel!!!!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank NewHampshire9fan

Reviewed June 19, 2007

I stayed here with my wife (5 months pregnant) and son (4) from the moment we checked in (very fast) till the day we left we had not 1 complaint or bad experience,we had a room facing the car park which sufferd no noise, security checked every car coming in to the hotel,the hotel is in a perfect position to gain access to all the parks be it by coach from hotel or hire car.
This hotel is also very near some restaurants which we found to be cheap,good food and courteous staff.
You could also have a evening meal in the hotel,if an adult has a buffet meal than a child under 11 eats for free,we paid 11.95 (dollars) for a 3 course buffet but it was all you can eat.
The hotel has 2 pools although not olylmpic size they served there purpose of cooling us down when coming back from the parks(towels provided).
The rooms were clean and basic with tv,fridge air con,but were more than adequate,the air con may be alittle to noisey for most but even for me who is a light sleeper it wasn't too bad i'd rather have the air con on low as sleeping in the heat is not good.
The staff are friendly and full of advice on telling where to go for bargains,even asked a member of staff if she could recommend a tattooist she went away and phoned her friend who was nurse.
To summise this is a great hotel with friendly caring staff in the right location, we will be coming back to Orlando and we WILL be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank forest9
Reviewed June 14, 2007

fantastic holiday.. booked with the best... virgin.. to orlando stayed at the comfort inn in lake buena vista ,,hotel was basic clean all you need ..we only slept there its a good 3* the staff are plesent and always helpful..they have shuttle busses to all the parks so no car is needed you can get by with the shuttles...we used taxis sometimes to get to the malls (a must fantastic bargains to be had ) we has to buy 2 more cases.. again by going with virgin to orlando its double the baggage allowance...also on your way home you can check your bags and cases in with the virgin reps at downtown disney ...so no queing at the airport (fantastic) had the best time cannot shout loud enough how good virgin are and well priced will be going again thats for sure.............................................

4  Thank 5n58s
Reviewed June 13, 2007

I went to Disney World two years ago for the first time ever with my family and in my planning process, I ran across Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista through the Choice Hotels website. When we arrived, I was so relieved because it was so nice, and I read too may review that said otherwise. The staff was very friendly upon arrival and check in was a breeze. It took less than 10 minutes to take care of everything. That 10 minutes included the pick up of a welcome pack and someone trying to get you to come to a time share meeting. The lady was very polite. I told her I did not need tickets, I had everything i needed, and i was not intrested. She gladley said OK and have a wonderful vacation.

My room was nice and very clean. It did face the street, but we did not request otherwise so i couldn't complain. And never once was the noise a problem. We would get up about 7 am...eat breakfast...hit the parks...and not come back until about 10 or 11 at night. We were so worn out that you didn't think about noise. All you wanted was a bed. I would not anticipate any hotel near Disney World to be quiet...it is one of the busiest places in the World and it is geared towards children. That's like going to the beach during Bike Week and wanting peace and quiet. Not happeneing!

The whole time we were there, we never had one complaint. All i have are good memeories from our trip. That is why we decided to stay again this year. I was thinking about looking for another hotel just to experience something new, but i kept coming back to this hotel. I knew it was nice, had great pools, and was in a wonderful location. You could not beat it! The price was also good. I did notice the price went up from my last stay, but what hasn't! lol Actually, I received a little blessing in that category too. I ordered an Orlando Magic card...by the way, a must do! They had rates of $59.00 during peak season. I called to see if i could get my rates changed and they did it...with no problems. That saved me almost $100.

Didn't mean for this to get so long, but i just wanted people to know that this is a wonderful hotel to stay in. Its not a luxury resport so you can't expext the services of such.

Not to knock anyone, because i know people all have different likings, but some of the stuff i have seen on here is petty. No reason to tell someone not to come to this hotel.

I am a neat freak and can't stand stuff to be a mess and out of order, so if i am saying this is a great hotel, then it is just that.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled with family
5  Thank melhai
Reviewed May 30, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Inn LBV for two nights in October. The complex is fairly large and we had a little trouble finding it. Once there, the checkin was quick and efficient. I had requested a room on a high floor, parking lot "view". I ended up with a "I-4 view". The room was clean enough and spacious enough. No complaints there.

The problem was with the noise at night. It was almost imperceptable during the day, but at night when trying to sleep it was terrible. Within the room, the A/C was very noisy and cycled on and off very frequently. Of course, if we turned it off, it was too warm to sleep comfortably.

Then, the noise from the interstate - it was a constant vroom all night.

I would suggest that if you are at all bothered by noise at night, be certain that you get a room away from the i.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank mountpleasantmom
Reviewed May 27, 2007

This is an OK hotel fairly close to Disney parks. It serves its purpose for a basic clean hotel. We chose this hotel because it was dog friendly. There are nice grassy areas around the parking lot to walk your pets. The hotel staff gives you a special tag to hang on your door for "pets inside."
The big problem with this hotel is the noise level from the pool and highway. Our room was on the 4th floor , facing the pool. At times the noise levels coming in were unbearable! Maybe this isn't the case every day, but be warned if you come back to take an afternoon rest from the parks. Also check in was very slow. You can check out from the TV in your room. I feel we got a good price on this hotel thanks to the trip advisor/ orbitz $50 promotion. The only reason I would stay here again, is if I brought pets.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sierrabeara
Reviewed May 27, 2007

After reading reviews here, I was leery of my choice, yet retained my reservation. So glad I did! This hotel is not advertised as a 5-star resort. It is advertised as a family hotel. It is advertised as being near Downtown Disney, which it is -- less than 1 mile.

When I checked in at nearly 11 pm, I was greeted by gracious staff in the gate guard shack and the front desk. I found clean grounds, including a playground under spreading oak trees for guests only, requiring a room key for access. The pool area, even at night was lovely and inviting.

When I walked into the room, before unpacking (as a result of reviews on this site) I checked corners and covers, tub and sink to see how dirty it was. How awesome to find a sparkling tub and sink, to actually see the pile of the carpet! I had a desk and bureau, 2 bed side tables and a chair to relax in.

I did run into a problem with in-room Internet access. I chose to pay for that rather than go to the lobby, yet was unable to hook up. One call to the front desk quickly brought a maintenance man (at 9:30 pm). He relentlessly worked to find the problem and fix it. The next day I had a problem getting the TV to turn on, and a call as I was headed out sightseeing took care of that problem.

One night, I was awakened at 1:30 am by some rowdy guests talking right outside my room. Again, a quick call to the front desk took care of the problem. A very polite security person responded and dealt with the problem.

I called the desk several times for different issues and repeatedly found them to be helpful and gracious. My only ONLY complaint about my stay is that the pillows were "hard" and would not fluff at all. Nothing to make a great ado about.

I would happily stay at this hotel again, making sure to have my room on the parking lot side again. (A tip garnered from reviews here, and a phone request to the hotel)

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business