“Great Hotel at Great Price”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #174 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Hotel at Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2004

We stayed at this hotel in October 2002. The rooms were clean, the location was good. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Close to parks. Basically served all our needs. We didn"t spend too much time in the hotel. We were too busy to be sitting around looking for things to complain about. If you want 4-star service, be willing to pay 4-star prices. If we ever go back to Orlando, we'll be returning to this hotel. Also my advice to the reviewer complaing about the wake up call, may I suggest bringing your own alarm clock? Why allow the trivial stuff to ruin your vacation??

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2004

We've stayed here four times since 1985; the last time was in 2000. The location is superb, being only 1/4 mile from the entrance to Downtown Disney. What we do is drive to Downtown Disney, park in a VERY shady spot, and ride Disney transportation all day and evening long. It's free, reliable, frequent, and runs from around 8 a.m. to midnight. No driving or parking hassles, and especially, no worrying about other drivers in their rental cars, whose rules of the road may differ in their countries of origin, and/or whose command of written English may be as bad as my command of their language would be.

But I digress...

The four-building facility is located on a street right between a major highway (535) and a major superhighway (I-4), yet you'd never know it. Palm Parkway is a verdant, beautiful, quiet enclave of serenity in the midst of chaos. This is a HUGE complex, and the price is dirt cheap compared to other motels in the area. Our last trip, with senior discount, cost us $28 per night! Building 4 is the furthest from the main building, and therefore the quietest; bldg. 3 is next "best". But especially in bldg. 4, make sure you request an odd-numbered room, away from the I-4 side. That advice applies to ALL bldgs., as you'll be able to park right in front of your ground-floor room, near the elevators, etc. You'll know because the room number code is (1st digit) bldg. no.; (2nd) floor number; and (3rd & 4th) room number.

The rooms are pretty small, but perfectly adequate for two. A family, esp. one with small children, might feel claustrophobic if the weather or lack of "private" transportation keeps you in the room for long periods of time. The restaurant has a nice buffet at a reasonable price, but there are too many alternatives for eating out, within walking distance if necessary, to even begin to count. There's even a nearby 24-hour supermarket and shopping center, Crossroads.

If price is no object, this is NOT the place for you. But if you want a great location for a great price, I can't think of anywhere better than this one.

• Stayed December 2001
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2004

June 2004 - 2 weeks. Great value for money "Motel" style accomodation . Food was EXCELLENT for this price range of accomodation. Room fine (if your a light sleeper ask for a room overlooking the car park as some road noise round the other side may get on your nerves.) Very nice staff. Kids loved the pools. Even though you're very near to Disney, it's probably best to have a car, the free shuttles are scheduled and some parks infrequent, but they do get you there and back if you prefer not to drive!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2004

we stayed here 14yrs ago and this time we returned with our kids. not alot has changed in all this time! if you want somewere to sleep thats clean and close to disney then look no further. we found staff helpful and friendly. food was good and free continental breakfast is a bonus. the kids loved the pool, which was clean and well heated and also we had use of pool towels. we had the family suit. which is just the normal room a double bed with bunk bed and a single screened off in one corner. it was fine but not really worth the extra. the place did look dated a bit, though i will say they are currently redecorating and we were prob just unlucky to get an older room. my only complaint was the noise of the interstate which runs right by!!!! we had r room poolside and thank goodness i had some ear plugs because the trafic never lets up. if like me your a lightsleeper try and get a room on the carpark side!!! if this doesnt bother you then its worth a visit. happy holidays!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2004

We stayed here in Oct '03 and had no doubts about staying here again in May '04. The hotel was being repainted while we were there too. The room was clean and tidy. Housekeeping came every day. The staff were all friendly and polite. Security smile as they wave you onto the property. We had no problems at all with anything. We will definately be staying here again. I really can't see what all the bad reviews are about. At the price we paid it was a steal, and only 2 mins from downtown Disney and 5-10 mins from the parks too.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2004

I got an awesome deal on this hotel through and ebay auction. If you do a search on ebay for "7 nights Orlando" you can get this three-star hotel for seven nights for as low as $249!!! This was an awesome deal! The hotel was in a great location and the rooms were very nice (for the ebay price) I probably would not stay at this hotel for the full price. Each room has a locking safe, refrigerator and microwave which was nice for the kids. We were able to go to the nearby grocery store and save money by having food and drinks in our rooml. The customer service at this hotel is HORRIBLE! We had two other sets of friends that also stayed at this hotel and experienced awful customer service. #1 the first night we were there we requested a wake up call for the next morning so that we could get to the parks early. The wake up call was suppose to come at 7:00 so we had time to eat the free breakfast and take off. My daughter just happened to wake up at 8:00 to go to the bathroom and realized that we never received our wake up call. We had to hurry around to get ready, we missed the breakfast and we were late getting to the park. When we called the front desk, the lady was rude, but said that she was sorry and that she would make sure we got our call the next morning--next morning--NO CALL! Luckily this time I had set the alarm on my cell phone just in case--but I was still upset that we hadn't gotten the call we were promised. #2 the second night there our key stopped working. We had just come back from a long day at the parks and were very tired. We went to our room on the 5th floor and the key did not work. I had 4 kids with me and had to go all the way back down to tell the front desk. The lady told me to go back up by the room and someone would be there shortly. About 30 minutes later, with my kids tired and crying, no one had shown up. I knocked on the door next to ours and used the phone in that room to call the front desk and they said someone would be there shortly, I had to make 2 more calls and finally an hour and 1/2 later with my kids crying the whole time!!!!! someone came to finally let us in, and was very rude about it. #3 there were also three times that we went to the front desk to get extra towels--we decided not to call and just go to the front desk to get them ourselves after our other two experiences and they would not give them to us----they still told us that someone would have to bring them up to us----over 2 hours later, we got them. Those were just the major problems we had. There were many more little instances we encountered with the staff during our 6 days there that made our stay frustrating. Like I said, I would not pay the regular, full price for this hotel, but it was still worth the nice room at the ebay price.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2004

The hotel was clean and very close to the Disney attractions. There is security at the main gate to get to the hotel property which is vast and nicely done. The room included a small refirigerator. There is a good basic free continental breakfast or a six dollar expanded breakfast bar. The staff was nice and security roamed the grounds. I was pleasently surprised of the value I got for this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2004