“Inefficient Safety Deposit Box.”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #178 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Not happy staying in this hotel. Thief able to open the safety deposit box. The supervisor was not compassionate about the burglary that happened in our room. We had a security report n deputy on this matter.

Room Tip: Don't use the safety deposit box.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Esther F

Esther F,

Please feel free to reach out to me regarding this issue. I am sorry for this unfortunate occurrence.

Phone: 407.996.9939 | Fax: 407.996.3157

Write a ReviewReviews (5,143)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks in early July 2014. On reading previous reviews I made a special request to stay on the carpark/front of the hotel. However I was allocated a rear room which faced out onto the noisy interstate, which I wanted to avoid. Traffic is constant and for people less accustomed to traffic noise, do ensure to receive a room on the opposite side of the hotel.

During our stay the hotel was riddled with Argentinian teenagers who ran amuck and bombarded the place. Don't expect to get much sleep with this noisy bunch running around shouting.

We paid extra to have the breakfast included but were greatly disappointed that it was not the breakfast buffet. We were given the continental breakfast which included the poor selection of cereal and toast. Queues were large and the toasters were slow. The buffet was $9.00 but we were happy that we did't go for it as the quality looked poor. You are much better off going down the road to IHop or Dennys and filling up on a tasty breakfast for similar value before hitting the theme parks.

There are some positives to take from out stay. The shuttle buses they offer to disney are very useful. Clarion Inn LBV also provides shuttles to Universal Studios but they return way too early circa 7.15pm. If planning on visiting Disney parks, location and services are good but if visiting Universal their service is less than ideal and a taxi maybe required on return, we paid $25-30.
Rooms were spacious and clean and made up and cleaned each day which we liked.

The hotel is located on the opposite side of the I-Drive, directly across from the Orlando Premium Outlets. You can see the outlets but you can't cross over to it because of the interstate so options are to either walk the LONG way around or get a taxi which was very annoying. We paid $12-15 in taxi's each way. They is some nice eateries and restaurants close by Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, Hooters, CiCis, Dominos, Pizza Hut, Olive Garden, Black Angus Steakhouse to name but a few.

Hotel is great value but advisable not to stay during the summer months.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front facing carpark are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scrappycoco80

Thank you for your feedback scrappcoco80,

We really do appreciate our guest verbatim! I am pleased to read that you were appeased by the location of our hotel and it worked well for the propose of your stay. Please do consider us again if you come back to the Orlando area in the future. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

stayed few days, beds was really good, AC awesome, the transportation to the attractions is complementary but its a little uncomfortable, ac isn't that good, doesn't matter what time you've bee waiting if your not fast enough you'll have to ride standing up. they should use bigger buses the better ac units.
i suggest they have a system for those been waiting longest have priority in Being seated. the also should improve the breakfast buffet a little to greasy for my taste($8.00 p/p) price not bad.
the "free" continental breakfast is just Regular toast and kellogs cereal!

• Stayed: July 2014
Management response:Responded July 31, 2014

We greatly appreciate your feedback, Tomas C.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! Please feel free to consider us again if you travel to Orlando in the future... We'd love to host you again!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Perfect for those who want to be close to all that Disney has to offer (2 miles from Downtown Disney) without paying Disney or even Hotel Plaza prices. Very clean place with seemingly updated rooms. Beds were very comfortable and perfect to lie on after a long day at a theme park. Breakfast buffet is decently priced and has a good selection of hot food, fruit, yogurt, waffles, etc. We had a room facing I-4 on the 5th floor and while traffic was loud on our walk to the room, as soon as the door shut behind us you can not hear one little bit of traffic from the highway. Didn't come in contact with staff too much but the front desk clerk was friendly and even changed my room type for me due to a change in party size. This hotel is also located near the intersection of SR 535/Apopka Vineland and Palm Parkway and Hotel Plaza Boulevard. There are TONS of restaurants and shops in this immediate area. For a good value, good neighbor hotel I have typically stayed off of US-192 but this will be my new alternative to Disney resorts. Much closer and MUCH better. 100% pleased with

3  Thank amraper15

Thank you for your lovely review amraper15,

I really enjoyed reading it! We are so thankful for your positive and honest review of our hotel. We hope to see you and your family travel to the Orlando area again sometime... We'd love to have you! Safe travels!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Only stayed one night. We booked the room thru Priceline.com, and I guess you do get what you pay for. We were in a room that could not have been closer to Int. I-4. When we weren't listening to the noisy AC, we could hear the traffic all night. Neither of us got much sleep. At 5 a.m. we decided to drown out the racket with the TV, which wouldn't work. Turns out, batteries were dead, and no way to turn on manually. My husband walked to main building to see if he could get some and was told it would require a maintenance call and nobody was there to provide that service at the time. Really? The trash bins were overflowing onto the ground and the elevators smelled very strange. We got back from the parks after a long day and because we were so tired we just tried to make the best of it. Never again and never again with Priceline. This was represented as the equivalent to a Hilton etc. I don't think so.

3  Thank TinkBellaMom
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here for 3 weeks in June / July 2014. Room was ideal, exactly what we asked for, ground floor, facing the pool. We had read a few bad reviews regarding the traffic noise, to be honest we never noticed it, once in the room with the door shut and the noisy A/C on you couldn't hear the traffic at all, even with the A/C off the traffic was hardly noticeable. The room itself was clean enough, not high standard but not dirty, and was spacious enough for the two of us. I had to call maintenance a couple of times as the toilet kept backing up, apart from this a little mildew around the bath, the bathroom was perfectly adequate, though half way through our stay someone in their wisdom decided to 'fix' the plug to the bath drain, meaning the only way to empty the water out after a bath was to stand there holding the plug up until enough water had drained out to stop the pressure from forcing it closed. We had a fridge, microwave and coffee machine, which we used to boil water for our morning and evening cuppa tea. It said in the description that there was complimentry tea and coffee, there was coffee left each day, We don't drink it so I left a note asking for tea bags, depending on which cleaner was on we either got tea bags or soap....obviously certain cleaners didn't speak English, no hassle tho, I just bought a box of tea bags from the supermarket. The pool area was lovely, the water nice n clean, though some days it was a little over chlorinated which caused my son some problems. The shuttles to the parks were a 'free for all' with the Latino guests not quite grasping the concept of queuing, but we soon developed the knack of pushing in and making sure we got on before anyone who arrived at the stop after us. Downtown Disney was only a mile or so down the road, so we often just walked back, especially as the shuttles seemed to leave a lot earlier than the parks closing times. A bit pricey for taxi's back from Universal though, it would've been better if the shuttle came back after 10pm rather than 7.45pm, as we often had to pay a taxi back cos we weren't ready to leave that early. The hotel staff are all amazing, so friendly and helpful, especially the cleaning and waiting staff, the waiting staff in the restaurant are on the go from morning til night, go out of their way to get us anything we could possibly need and yet they had to deal with utter abuse from a certain type of "Guest" (I'll cover those guests soon) The shop is ridiculously overpriced, $7.99 for a packet of cookies that would cost 89p in Home Bargains, but there is a supermarket within 5 minute walking distance. We ate in the restaurant every morning for the first week, twice in the evening when the weather was bad, but there are loads of eating places to choose from all around, Olive Garden, Cici's, Steak n Shake, Sizzler, Chinese Buffet, Mexican, Indian, Hooters, Subway, Pizza Hut etc., there is even a local chinese take away that is excellent value for money and will deliver to your room . The only negative and it is a biggie, was the 500+ Argentinean teenagers that were also staying here, we were never informed that this was the hotels main source of income and have to say, that had we known about them we would never have booked to stay here. They were noisy, rude, ignorant, filthy creatures. They would run up and down at night knocking on doors and windows, on one occasion they set the fire alarm off resulting in everyone being evacuated and the fire brigade attending, I spoke to them one night, around 11.30pm asking them to keep the noise down, this only seemed to aggrevate the situation and they got noisier, I complained on several occasions about them but nothing was done about it. We couldn't get near the pool outside our room if they were there, they took all the loungers, all the towels, took the balls and inflatables that other children had bought and wouldn't give them back to the children. We couldn't get into the shop, games room or main lobby for them milling around in the late evenings, my son actually felt quite intimidated by them and their rudeness. If you weren't in for breakfast before they appeared you had no chance of getting in at all. One morning my son and I paid the $21.83 for our breakfast, went in and sat down, I went to get some cereal, my son wanted some yoghurt when a group of them came in and started to 'taste' the food on the buffet, eating from the serving spoons and putting them back into the food, one took the yoghurt spoon from my sons hand licked it and then put it back into the yoghurt, this was not only unhygenic but extremely rude and discourteous to other guests, when I asked them to refrain from this I got a mouthful of what I can only describe as abuse as it was in spanish, I left the restaurant to the sound of them laughing at us. I complained, was told it would be sorted, but wasn't offered a refund of the money I paid for a breakfast I wasn't able to eat, it was my decision to leave, needless to say we never ate there again. I have to admit that if it wasn't for these Argentinian teenagers we would have had an amazing holiday, instead we had 3 weeks of hell with them, I would never, ever stay at this hotel again, which is a shame cos it really is a perfect location, beautiful hotel and grounds with amazing friendly staff :(

7  Thank Caroline M
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

I’m sorry that your stay wasn’t better due to other guests staying with us, Caroline M.

We would love the opportunity to host you and your family in the future.

If you choose Orlando again in the future, please reach out to me. I will see what we can do about the room locations, etc.

Thank you for staying with us.

Troy Shoemaker
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32821
Direct Line: 407-996-1474
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and comfortable. However, we ate at the buffet in the hotel and we all felt sick instantly after our second plate. Our last night of vacation was spent puking in our room, so I wouldn't recommend the buffet here. Also the morning of checkout, the cleaning lady knocked on our door at 8:30am...and at 9:30am another lady knocked and asked if we were checking out today. At 10:00am our alarm clock went off, but we didn't set it. I'm pretty sure the cleaning lady set it the day before so that we were out by 11am. It all seemed pushy to me, and as if they were kicking us out. Lastly, the WiFi didn't work in our room at all. I wouldn't depend on it.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa S

Thank you for letting us know how your stay went, Melissa S.

I really wish I would have read that it went better but we appreciate you updating us on your experience.

Is there anything we can do for you in the future? Please let us know.

Troy Shoemaker