“Comfortable and top location”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #179 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My first time in the USA and we went for it big time trying to fit everything in. If you are looking for a hotel to chill out in and be spoilt, this one isn't for you. If you want a excellent, convenient location, friendly service and a comfortable stay, don't be afraid about staying here.
We had a room on the ground floor looking over the car park and it was fine - yes you get a bit of noise but this is a huge block of rooms with lots of people and it is right by the highway so if you want a convenient location, you have to compromise a little.
The people we fantastic and they really couldn't be more friendly - the bar was great to chill out in after a long day at the park and my daughter enjoyed the games room.
We didn't eat in the hotel as there was so much on offer just a short walk away.
If you are looking for a good base while doing Florida, this is a cool place to stay - highly recommended. Tank you to everyone that made our stay awesome!

Room Tip: Try and get the car park side room for the quiet stays.
5  Thank peteo1970
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Don’t thank us, peteo1970…THANK YOU!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time on property.

Hurry back!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The pool had too much chlorine in it. We had a room on the I4 side of the inn but that noise didn't bother us. What bothered us was the people walking by our room talking loudly at all hours.

We had a king bed, which was comfortable. The room wasn't too small. The toilet didn't seem to be connected to the floor all that well.

The female bartender with blonde hair was rude and very unhelpful.

The price was good but I think next time we will stay somewhere a little nicer.

Stayed: July 2014

I’m so sorry to read that your stay was less than perfect, 721Anonymous.

I truly hope you had the opportunity to speak with a member of our management team.

Thank you for staying with us. Please let me know if you choose our property again. I will ensure your next stay is much better.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've stayed at the Clarion ( formally, Comfort Inn ) 12 times since 1992, and have always had a pleasant and trouble free stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable and on the whole, the hotel has good amenities. A previous reviewer hit the nail on the head, it's not luxurious, but a great base, with plenty of restaurants and shops near by. The only thing I've found over the years, is the area is slowly losing some of its charm, but still feel safe. Going back next August for trip number 13.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mark T

Lucky number 13, Mark T! Thank you so much.

Is there anything we can do to ensure your next time is the best ever?

I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My mom and I were on a brief vacation in Orlando, and this was the most affordable, decent-looking place near the Disney parks. Check-in went very smoothly, and the ladies at the front desk were very kind and told us we were free to use the pool until our room was ready. Our room was on the interstate-facing side, which worried us at first, but it wasn't too noisy with the door closed. The beds were very comfortable, and the room was a decent size. There are two pools on the grounds, one of them has a kiddie area attached. It was nice to use the non-kid pool, as it was much quieter. It was near the end of March, and although the hotel seemed relatively full, there were only a few people at the pool each day. We had plenty of tv channels on a nice tv, a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and safe that was free for us to use. Our AC worked well, and the bathroom set up was nice.

Although the hotel isn't upscale, it's a GREAT option if you are looking for a convenient stay on a budget. The in-house restaurant offered very affordable breakfast and dinner lunches, and the hotel is on a very pretty road where we felt safe walking to restaurants like Cici's, Burger King, McDonalds, Red Lobster, Oliver Garden, and more (only about a 5 minute walk on a neatly groomed parkway). My mom and I are definitely midwestern ladies- not used to the hustling and bustling roads of Orlando, so it was nice that we were close enough to parks (Disney and Universal) that we didn't have to go on any interstates or highways to get there.

This hotel definitely isn't for anyone looking to hang around the hotel all day, as it isn't a bit luxurious, but if you are looking for an affordable, safe, and convenient place to stay, I would definitely consider it. In fact, we are going back in December and have already booked our room!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Libby F
Management response:Responded July 18, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful and insightful review, Libby F!

We appreciate it so much. I am definitely looking forward to your return visit with us in December. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to make any request for your next stay with us. I'd love for you and your family to have another excellent stay!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I didn't want to book here first because of the reviews but the deal was good. I regret it! I called to confirm our reservation and was advised we weren't in the system for that hotel but their sister hotel. This is one of the things I seen in the reviews and was very scared! I called our Travel agent who took care of it.

Got there, the beds are very small, room is tiny. the bathtub was so dirty! YUCK! That night and ever night after people were smoking and hanging outside our doors and the smoke came into the room with the children. I complained and complained. I advised by management they can not control people. Yet there is a sign that says no smoking.

Our earphones were missing after the room was cleaned! I complained about this and the smoking. I was advised I would get a refund for my stay! As of today, I'm still waiting on that. I will never come here again!

Room Tip: Save your money and book a different hotel!
Management response:Responded July 17, 2014

checkitout85...

I am sorry to read of your misfortune stay with us. I apologize for any shortcomings you may have faced. May I ask, did you have an opportunity to address anyone further more in regards to what you were told at check-out? I would be more than happy to follow-up with this. Please feel free to contact me directly to provide me with more information.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

arrived at the entrance to be greeted by a security guard checking vehicles for parking passes to the hotel. i like this place already! rooms were clean but a little smaller than i expected. i read reviews stating rooms facing the interstate were noisy. we didn't find it bad at all. they offer a shuttle service to the parks, we did not use the service. we chose to drive instead. there is a gift shop/ convenient store located in the main building along with a restaurant that we didn't try either. nice heated pool and play area that the kids will love. wifi worked good, overall a good stay and i'd go back to this hotel again!

Management response:Responded July 17, 2014

I am so happy to read you had a comfortable stay with us, dsn1030!

We thank you for your review... It's much appreciated! Please feel free to contact me if you ever find yourself for a return visit with us in the future!...Safe travels!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have just come back the hotel it was a very nice place the staff were friendly and helpful we stay here for 2 weeks we did not eat at the hotel because we try all the other place around it is not far from all the parks the hotel has a good shop that sells everything the room had a fridge microwave and coffee and tea the bar stuff were friendly we would stay here again

1  Thank Lesley O
Management response:Responded July 15, 2014

I hope you and you're family find yourselves visiting the Orlando area again soon! We would love to have you stay with us here.. Safe travels... Thanks again for your wonderful review!