“Great deal through priceline”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #180 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Great deal through priceline”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Great deal for a 3 nights stay. I was really nervous about the hotel due to the mix reviews. However, it was great. A week before arriving I called and requested a room in the 4th or 5th floor facing the parking lot to avoid the highway noise. They accommodated my request. The breakfast buffet was just good eggs bacon pancakes etc.... Price is good 8.99 and kids under 9 eat free. People complained about parking lot not well lit, I think all the roads in Orlando n Kissimmee are not well lit. Not a big deal. The rooms were clean no roaches and maintenance always came after we left to a park to do the beds n throw away trash regardless of the time. Once we left after 11am. Overall great price and we had a great time. Arcade was affordable as well n friendly staff.

Stayed March 2014
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Great deal for great guests, Hectic10!

Thank you so kindly for the awesome review.

Please visit us soon.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Czech first
bexley, kent
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were a little nervous about staying here again, having had minor previous issues in 2007 when it was the Comfort Inn. We were pleasantly surprised. The refurbishment and change to Clarion(although I believe part of the same group) is impressive. The rooms are spacious and have a microwave, fridge and coffee/tea making facilities. The décor is a little dated but completely up to the job, clean and comfortable. It is good to see the security still there, and the public areas are cleaner than before. The addition of the kids playground is a plus, we didn't use it this time, being on our own, but are already planning to take the grandchildren back. There are more shops and restaurants along this part of Palm Parkway than before, and it is well placed for the huge Wal Mart along Turkey Lake Road,(which runs alongside I4, a lot quieter and a far nicer journey up to I Drive/Sand Lake). We didn't use the restaurant this time, but speaking to other guests, the food is good, hot and the whole area very clean.
Lake Buena Vista itself is an excellent location and glad the Clarion have done their best to keep this affordable and comfortable

Room Tip: Buildings 3000 and 4000 are quieter than 1000 and 2000
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mamagill
Our intention was to get this reaction, mamagill!

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to update us on your experience.

Thank you for staying with us. Please visit us again soon.

Katy, Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is its location. Pretty close to the parks and you can see the main outlet just accross the street from your window.
Rooms are old and not properly maintained. Very old appliances (microwave, mini fridge, AC, TV) and cleanliness is not the best.
Even though there is a microwave and a small fridge in the room there are no plates, cups or utensils in the room and if you ask for them they say you need to go to the Front Desk and get them yourself. I was already disappointed with that as Front Desk is not so close depending on the building you're staying at but when I got there my surprise was that they give you starfoam cups and boxes (not plates!) and plastic utensils.
On another occasion I asked them if they could provide me with a wine glass from their bar and a corkscrew upon payment of a deposit. They said they could sell me a corkscrew if I wanted but would not be able to provide me with the glass. Ridiculous for any type of hotel!
I definitely do not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is not worth the money you pay for it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am so sadden to hear this, engped.

Our hotel really tries to ensure everyone is happy prior to them leaving and I’m sorry you were not.

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Houghton Lake, Michigan
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My brother and I recently stayed at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista about a month ago when we took a road trip through Florida. Security was in the front entrance 24 hrs/7 days a week and as soon as you pulled up to the hotel you were stopped. They asked if we were checking in and pointed us in the direction to go, along with giving us the menu for the buffet for the week. Upon check in we were greeted with smiling faces and the process was smooth and easy. We stayed on the 5th floor however, our room was facing towards the expressway. It was very HARD to sleep if you are not used to all of the noise. We come from a small town and I was woke up several times though out the night. Room was nice with a flat screen t.v., in room fridge, microwave, and single serve coffee maker. I used the iron and it worked just fine. Bathroom was split and the toilet and shower were in one room and the sink right outside of that. Its a tight squeeze in the bathroom but everything was clean. The pool areas were spacious, clean, and nice and the first thing you saw in the morning was the pool area being cleaned which was a nice thing to see. I used the check out system via phone the morning were were going to leave. It was simple, quick, and easy. I checked my bank statements a few days after and realized there had been something wrong with the folio and was charged again. I immediately called the hotel and the operator was not as friendly as I had hoped and spoke to the manager about that prior to hanging up. I received a front desk associate and she tried to help me but was unable to do so and was transferred to the manager on duty. All of this was during check out times and I am sure it was busy, but they made a point to take care of me as quickly as possible. The manager, I believe his name was Sean, came to the phone asked me what my concerns were and took care of the problem by reversing the charges. It took 3-5 business days and the credit showed up in my bank account. Overall I was pleased with the service we received and the assistance that was given. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to family and friends, however. I will be requesting a room AWAY from the expressway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kstreet007
So sorry about that small issue with the charge, but I’m happy that Shawn took care of it, kstreet007!

We would love to have you back in the future…please let me know if you need anything. We are here for you.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed four nights at the Lake Buena Vista Clarion and enjoyed every night. The rooms and bath were comfortable and clean and the service was excellent. The Clarion gave us 2-for-1 breakfasts when we booked, which made it very easy to eat before heading of to WDW or Universal.

We did not rent a car and used the shuttle provided by Clarion each day. This meant we had to plan ahead and wait for buses, but had no delays or problems at all and were happy to skip the long line of cars waiting to go into the parking areas of both resorts.

Two items that gave Clarion "very good" rather than "excellent": the toilet ran and the air conditioning was a bit loud. This was acceptable, especially since the rate was excellent, but it shows the age of the rooms.

We did not use the pool or eat at the restaurant so I cannot address those amenities. I would stay here again and recommend the hotel to any low-medium budget minded traveler. Thanks.

Room Tip: You can hear traffic in rooms on the fourth floor of building 5. Not loud but discernible.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul S
We will take those VERY GOOD’s any day, Paul S!

I’m sorry about the toilet and air conditioner. I know the maintenance staff is already aware and working hard to correct this for the guest in the future.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista for six nights. Following some of the tips in this site and having myself a very light sleep I requested the manager in advance for a room on the opposite side of the Interstate and got a perfect room on the fifth floor facing the parking lot. The room was clean and had everything one may need, fridge, microwave, iron, coffee machine, safe, hair dryer, etc. As many others have mentioned the location of the hotel is very convenient, it's just across the street from the Premium Outlet and very close to Disney's Parks also within walking distance to some shops and restaurants. For me it's a perfect choice in the Lake Buena Vista area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Juan H
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Juan H-

You are TOO much. I appreciate you taking time out to write us about your experience.

Please know you have a friend in Orlando. If you need anything in the future, please let me know.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel was in a great location, has a wonderful buffet for breakfast and dinner. Close to other restaurants. The rooms were very comfortable. My wife and i only had two issues. One, checkout time is 11 am, we were sleeping in on our last night there (because of noise) but the housekeeping people gave this light tapping on the door then let themselves in at 8:45 in the morning. Thank goodness for the extra lock on the door or they would have been able to come right in. Secondly, back to the noise. Walls are PAPER THIN! This may not affect some people but for us it was a big turn off. We could hear everything upstairs, on both sides of us and outside the front door. Just something to think about. We hit a pretty busy weekend apparently and if you are with a bunch of people coming in late and leaving real early, you may not even notice.

Room Tip: 5th floor in the middle would be your best bet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Evan K-

Thank you so much for the review. We appreciate it very much. I’m sorry for the two small issues you had. If you come back to Orlando, please let me know.

I hope to hear from you in the future.