“Great location and great extras” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #175 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Springfield, Missouri
“Great location and great extras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We travel to Florida 2 or 3 times a year, this time we stayed here 2 nights. This was my first time at this hotel but I will stay again next time in Orlando. We were going to Sea World and this hotel was very close. I booked through bookit.com and got a buy one get one free breakfast coupon, great deal, huge breakfast buffet, with coupon $14 for two. Second night returned from Sea World very tired and decided to try the dinner buffet, great food and like breakfast huge choice. Price was, with senior discount, $22 for two adults. Bottom line Great location, good clean rooms, Excellent buffet's, fast check in and out and all this at a GREAT price. Again will stay again.

Room Tip: First night ate a Pizza Hut it was close but if I had known how good the dinner Buffet was I would h...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Out_of_towner448
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much, Out_of_towner448!

Your review was greatly appreciated. We hope you return again soon.

If you ever need anything in the future, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thanks again,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Czech first
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Currently we still have another week here , lovely hotel , very clean , nice bedrooms comfy beds , the only thing that lets it down is the shuttle bus which I'm very disappointed with , I chose not to have a car as don't think I would be all that confident , and thomsons said this would be a good hotel because of that as free shuttle to all parks , well that is not the case , very limited times , in some cases wouldn't be able to stay for fireworks ( Hollywood studios ) because of times , plus bus too small to cater for this hotel , and when you do queue for it , you get very rude people who jump the queue and get on the bus knowing you've been waiting a lot longer , hence why I had a go at some people , so far we've had to fork out for taxis and luckily found a lynx bus right outside hotel takes you to magic kingdom from there we get the free Disney buses to other parks , but you do have to walk to Polynesian hotel to get to them ( about 10 min walk ) and I didn't budget for this as was told shuttle bus was good , and if I come again sadly would put me off staying here , but the hotel is lovely which is the sad thing . Excellent location for restaurants 5 minute walk some 10/15 mins . Highly recommend the Olive Garden excellent service a man called will served us really lovely :) would not recommend dennys , microwave rubbish and felt sick .after :( . All in all nice holiday

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank shazz37
So happy to hear you are enjoying your lovely stay, shazz37!

Your kind review is much appreciated.

While you are here for the remaining week, please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Thank you! Enjoy Orlando.

West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Priceline rated as a 3 star this is a 2 star at the most! Shower ceiling dirty, holes in towels, soda machines take money no soda no return on money, buffet terrible, traffic will keep you awake all night long!! And if you try to let someone know it will fall on deaf ears they don't
care. If it was a half way decent hotel we would have stayed another night but we booked a different hotel for the rest of our stay.

• Stayed February 2014
manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights this month before travelling down to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise. The noise from the Interstate was unbearable. I bought earplugs which helped a little but the air con unit in the room was ridiculously loud but the room was too hot without it. We stopped for 4 nights then travelled south and then cruised. Prior to returning to England we stopped for another night. On check In We asked for a room away from the interstate. We had to wait 2 hours for another room to become ready. We could barely hear the traffic and I was Looking forward to a good nights sleep before flying home - WRONG, this time we were near to a bar (Kitty O'Sheas) and there was a large group, singing, chanting and generally being rowdy. this went on til 0230 hours. I phoned reception at one point and asked if security could look into it. The lady put the phone down on me!!!!!
The only good thing I can say about this hotel is it's location and free wi-fi.
Virgin Holidays should NOT be using this hotel for the prices they charge.
The location of the pool is also very near to the road and for any British readers sunbathing here would be very similar to pulling up a deck chair on the hard shoulder of the M62!!!!!
This is the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced and would not spend another night there even if it was offered free of charge!!!!
I have never reviewed a hotel on trip advisor before but feel compelled!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
We are so very sorry to hear about the noise situation during your stay, cls6744.

We are fully aware of the Interstate and the amount of noise it can give off and would be more than happy to offer guests a room on the other side if available. Any guest can reach out to me personally if they would like to requests this and I will try my hardest. The bar situation isn’t the norm…honestly. I’m sorry that this happened during your stay.

If you would like to talk to me anymore about the stay, please reach out to me. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This remains our preferred hotel location for Magic Kingdom but the Service and Food is inferior to the Rosen Hotel at Pointe Orlando (Universal Studios) although both follow the same business model . However this visit was for a wedding so we spent a lot more time in the room. I called housekeeping (Leon) for clean towels after we dressed in the early afternoon so we would have them after the reception to take showers. They were not there when we got back at 11PM! Of course housekeeping was gone so we repeated the request via voicemail for the morning. We were visiting Magic Kingdom early the next day and even after the third call, Leon still didn't send the towels while we dined at the buffet breakfast. Only after escalating the request to the front desk did the towels arrive. This was unacceptable service.

Room Tip: Location of Rooms in Building 2 second floor was fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
You are correct, ESPASSOC…definitely unacceptable service and I’ve already sent a copy of this review to the Housekeeping team. I’m sorry that you didn’t get your towels in an acceptable time.

Our sincerest apologies about that but are happy that you enjoyed the room. If you choose Orlando in the future, please let me know. I will ensure myself that the next stay is 100% better.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have never reviewed a hotel until now, this is by far my worst experience I have had and I want to save others from staying here. When we checked in around 10:30 at night they sent us to a dirty room and then when we called to request a new room they acted annoyed as if we were in the wrong, when someone finally showed up, he handed us a key and didn't apologize or show us to our new room which was on the other side of the property. The new room was "clean" but felt dirty because of stains on wall, carpet and bed skirt. The next morning maid service started at 8 am, they came into the room even after I asked them to come back because we were getting dressed and taking showers. They took apart the a/c for cleaning and left us with an exposed disgusting unit. These are just a few of the disappointing experiences during our short stay. I learned that you get what you pay for.... Never Again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank brd3
Hello brd3-

I have sent you a personal email to get more information. I’m sorry to hear about your stay. I hope to make this better fo you.

Pembroke Pines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This past Valentines weekend, my fiancé and I decided to book a last minute hotel to visit Disney World. We found a deal on Hotwire for around $90 for two nights. I was very skeptical at first because of the reviews I had read on here and because of that old saying "You get what you pay for ".
Well let me tell you something, people on here make it seem like they always stay at 5 star hotels because this hotel was not bad at all!!!! My room and bathroom were very clean. The a/c worked great. Our King size bed was okay. I knew not to expect a tempurpedic bed, hence the low rate. We slept perfectly fine and we woke up feeling great each day. The highway noise DID NOT bother us at all and the breakfast buffet was fantastic ($8.99 per adult). I also liked the fact that there is 24 hour security, a little peace of mind.

Front desk was very helpful. We got locked out of our room one night, stupid green button, and they quickly came to the rescue, lol.

The only thing we did not like was the fact that we arrived before our check in time and they couldn't give us our room until 4. I couldn't get upset because it did say it in the reservation. My fiancé and I are just use to the Disney resorts that normally check you in early. This is a great plus, especially after a 3 hour drive.

I highly recommend this hotel. I liked it so much that we are booking it again in April to go to Epcot's Flower and Garden event. =)

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ledon622
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, ledon622. The noise from the highway usually isn’t an issue but sometimes it does get loud. Glad to hear you were fine.

I hope to hear from you if you have any special requests for your upcoming stay.

Thanks,