“Deluxe Double Room was Fine but Service and food needs Improvement”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #176 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This remains our preferred hotel location for Magic Kingdom but the Service and Food is inferior to the Rosen Hotel at Pointe Orlando (Universal Studios) although both follow the same business model . However this visit was for a wedding so we spent a lot more time in the room. I called housekeeping (Leon) for clean towels after we dressed in the early afternoon so we would have them after the reception to take showers. They were not there when we got back at 11PM! Of course housekeeping was gone so we repeated the request via voicemail for the morning. We were visiting Magic Kingdom early the next day and even after the third call, Leon still didn't send the towels while we dined at the buffet breakfast. Only after escalating the request to the front desk did the towels arrive. This was unacceptable service.

Room Tip: Location of Rooms in Building 2 second floor was fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

You are correct, ESPASSOC…definitely unacceptable service and I’ve already sent a copy of this review to the Housekeeping team. I’m sorry that you didn’t get your towels in an acceptable time.

Our sincerest apologies about that but are happy that you enjoyed the room. If you choose Orlando in the future, please let me know. I will ensure myself that the next stay is 100% better.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (5,102)

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have never reviewed a hotel until now, this is by far my worst experience I have had and I want to save others from staying here. When we checked in around 10:30 at night they sent us to a dirty room and then when we called to request a new room they acted annoyed as if we were in the wrong, when someone finally showed up, he handed us a key and didn't apologize or show us to our new room which was on the other side of the property. The new room was "clean" but felt dirty because of stains on wall, carpet and bed skirt. The next morning maid service started at 8 am, they came into the room even after I asked them to come back because we were getting dressed and taking showers. They took apart the a/c for cleaning and left us with an exposed disgusting unit. These are just a few of the disappointing experiences during our short stay. I learned that you get what you pay for.... Never Again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank brd3

Hello brd3-

I have sent you a personal email to get more information. I’m sorry to hear about your stay. I hope to make this better fo you.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This past Valentines weekend, my fiancé and I decided to book a last minute hotel to visit Disney World. We found a deal on Hotwire for around $90 for two nights. I was very skeptical at first because of the reviews I had read on here and because of that old saying "You get what you pay for ".
Well let me tell you something, people on here make it seem like they always stay at 5 star hotels because this hotel was not bad at all!!!! My room and bathroom were very clean. The a/c worked great. Our King size bed was okay. I knew not to expect a tempurpedic bed, hence the low rate. We slept perfectly fine and we woke up feeling great each day. The highway noise DID NOT bother us at all and the breakfast buffet was fantastic ($8.99 per adult). I also liked the fact that there is 24 hour security, a little peace of mind.

Front desk was very helpful. We got locked out of our room one night, stupid green button, and they quickly came to the rescue, lol.

The only thing we did not like was the fact that we arrived before our check in time and they couldn't give us our room until 4. I couldn't get upset because it did say it in the reservation. My fiancé and I are just use to the Disney resorts that normally check you in early. This is a great plus, especially after a 3 hour drive.

I highly recommend this hotel. I liked it so much that we are booking it again in April to go to Epcot's Flower and Garden event. =)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ledon622

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, ledon622. The noise from the highway usually isn’t an issue but sometimes it does get loud. Glad to hear you were fine.

I hope to hear from you if you have any special requests for your upcoming stay.

Thanks,

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Desk staff was very welcoming upon arrival. Comfy beds. Free WI-FI and expanded cable channels was nice. Easy on and off I-4, did not notice the noise. Only thing I would add would be a folding luggage rack. I was a single traveler and had 2 double beds so I just used the other bed for my suitcase.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Sally K

Such a happy review, Sally K!

Thank you so much for reviewing the property and letting us know how your stay went.

I have passed on the suggestion!

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

6 of us stayed here in 2 rooms for 1 weeks in January. Rooms are basic but they we're clean and had maid service. The bathroom was small but had a little a axe but with a sink fridge microwave and room to dress with sliding doors for privacy

location to spot on you can walk to crossroads in 5-10 mins which has an abundant of bars and restaurants

Disney by car 10 mins just outside the main gate and universal 15 mins

All parks have a hotels shuttle bus if you don't drive or don't want to.

There is a bar and pizza restaurant in the hotel as we we'll as a convenience store and Starbucks machine.

I would defiantly stay here again it's cheap and decent.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Funkybird83

So happy to hear you would return, Funkybird83!

We hope to see you soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Clarion, in Lake Buena Vista, is a Rosen hotel. It is a multi-building property with a separate building with a restaurant, store, and other amenities.
The room we had was identical to the one we had last month at the Rosen at Pointe Orlando.
Nice size - king size bed, double dresser, club chair, desk. The dressing room area has a microwave, coffee pot, and refrigerator. There are sliding doors to close if off so it is private from the main room. Flat screen tv on the dresser. Instead of a closet there is a large armoire. An iron and ironing board are attached.
We put one suitcase on the desk and one on the ironing board. Pleanty of space.
We had breakfat at the restaurant. It had a nice assortment of hot and cold dishes, toast, and juice. Everything was self serve. There was no assistance.

Room Tip: We faced I4. The highway sounds did not bother us.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RBeam

Hello RBeam!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to update us on your experience at Clarion Inn.

We definitely hope to see you in the future. Thanks for staying.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We got our room on a groupon, good rate. We checked in quickly and they honored my request for a quiet room away from I-4. I didnt realize it would be an open corridor so high up and I felt nervous walking to the room. The room was clean, old style air conditioner, nothing to set our suitcase on and the frig didnt work. I called but they had no idea when someone could fix it. We were going to Disney Parks the next day and needed to rest. We did go out to eat, and when we came back the place was packed with screaming teenagers Spring Break style. We went to our room and tried to go to sleep early, but it was noisy. We could hear the tv loudly in the next room and finally called about it at midnight. Security came and said they could hear it too but couldn't get them to answer the door so they couldn't do anything. So I asked for another room, and was told they were sold out. Eventually we tried sleeping on the dressing room floor that had doors hoping to get peace and quiet but it killed our backs so at 3 am we called again very upset as the tv was blasting still. They moved us 4 rooms down (they were sold out?) and got a couple of hours sleep before the maid starting ramming her cart near our door and talking outside. So much for sleeping in. We went downstairs and explained to the manager what happened and he is mailing us a free nights stay, I mentioned that the protocol for security should be to call 911 if someone is disturbing others and won,t respond.I am writing this after pening all day walking at Disney, so tired! Really appreciated the manager but they need one at night and also could use more security and better lighting. If they are going to book large loud grops, how about putting others elsewhere so we can get some sleep?Just a thought?

Room Tip: Get room away from i4 side and if you're a light sleeper bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaTraveler22
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hello FloridaTraveler22-

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to update us on your experience with the hotel. I’m so sorry to hear that it wasn’t better but I’m very happy to hear that the Manager on Duty was able to assist.

I know they are working on a better procedure for situations like this in the future.

If there is anything I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.