Two of use stayed the first week in February while visiting Disney. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We had no complaints about any of that. The microwave came in handy and seemed to work well for leftovers and the fridge was great to have to store bottled water in. All in all the staff was quite friendly and helpful. You can buy tickets at the hotel, at the little desk inside the door if you choose to do so.
We did not attend the little informational session they offer for a discount on tickets so I cannot comment on that, but if you have the time it seemed like a fairly large discount
We also did not eat at the hotel during our stay so I cannot speak to the buffet, however I do recall it was about $9/adult for all you could eat.
A few tips however:
1. If you're ordering groceries from an onling grocery store - be sure to call ahead and make sure if you are not going to be physically there to accept your order that there is nothing perishable in the order like meat, fruit, vegetables, etc. The hotel will not accept the package if any of these items are included. We were not notified of this and it was a bit of a challenge that in the end we were able to get worked out after a few phone calls. It would have just been nice to know ahead of time
2. Find a wall plug in for anything that needs to be charged. The plugs that are in the lamp bases do not seem to hold much very snuggly which if they get bumped may not charge.
3. The shuttles run at very certain times that are not always convienent. However, you can use the Disney shuttles to your advantage and if you end up staying out past when the last shuttle returns to the hotel, you can get a shuttle from any of the Disney resorts to Downtown Disney and either walk back (it's about 2 miles) or take a cab (about $9 with a tip). We utilized other shuttles frequently because we chose to eat dinner on the Boardwalk or visit a different park later than the park we were at was open. Disney shuttles are also free of charge. A cab to Universal Studios was about $27 each way without a tip - which was worth it to us to have the freedom to go and come back as we chose.
Finally - the hotel does have a luggage room that is not locked for you to store your luggage prior to departure or if you arrive early before your room is ready but you want to hit the park. We never felt like anything was at risk of being compromised, but we did bring our own luggage locks to put on the actual suitcases while we were out and about!
There are sidewalks the entire way between the hotel and Downtown Disney, however some of them are not as well lit as we'd liked. With that being said, it never felt unsafe walking anywhere and we did a fair amount of it.
Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 2 miles from the world-famous attraction Walt Disney World(R) theme park, the Clarion Inn lake Buena Vista, a Rosen Hotel is your ideal choice in location whether you are visiting for business or for an Orlando family vacation. We are an official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel distinguished by meeting high standards of quality and service. We are also AAA 3 diamond approved. Our package page offers Walt Disney World(R) tickets combined with a deluxe guestroom to help you plan and budget your Walt Disney World(R) vacation wisely. Walt Disney World(R) tickets can be purchased at our guest services ticket and attraction concierge desk. Here you can pic up the theme park, Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet(R), and Premium Outlets Vineland shopping shuttle schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Comfort Lake Buena Vista
- Comfort Inn Orlando
- Orlando Comfort Inn