“Winter Get-away”

Ranked #174 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Olathe, Kansas
“Winter Get-away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Two of use stayed the first week in February while visiting Disney. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We had no complaints about any of that. The microwave came in handy and seemed to work well for leftovers and the fridge was great to have to store bottled water in. All in all the staff was quite friendly and helpful. You can buy tickets at the hotel, at the little desk inside the door if you choose to do so.

We did not attend the little informational session they offer for a discount on tickets so I cannot comment on that, but if you have the time it seemed like a fairly large discount

We also did not eat at the hotel during our stay so I cannot speak to the buffet, however I do recall it was about $9/adult for all you could eat.

A few tips however:

1. If you're ordering groceries from an onling grocery store - be sure to call ahead and make sure if you are not going to be physically there to accept your order that there is nothing perishable in the order like meat, fruit, vegetables, etc. The hotel will not accept the package if any of these items are included. We were not notified of this and it was a bit of a challenge that in the end we were able to get worked out after a few phone calls. It would have just been nice to know ahead of time

2. Find a wall plug in for anything that needs to be charged. The plugs that are in the lamp bases do not seem to hold much very snuggly which if they get bumped may not charge.

3. The shuttles run at very certain times that are not always convienent. However, you can use the Disney shuttles to your advantage and if you end up staying out past when the last shuttle returns to the hotel, you can get a shuttle from any of the Disney resorts to Downtown Disney and either walk back (it's about 2 miles) or take a cab (about $9 with a tip). We utilized other shuttles frequently because we chose to eat dinner on the Boardwalk or visit a different park later than the park we were at was open. Disney shuttles are also free of charge. A cab to Universal Studios was about $27 each way without a tip - which was worth it to us to have the freedom to go and come back as we chose.

Finally - the hotel does have a luggage room that is not locked for you to store your luggage prior to departure or if you arrive early before your room is ready but you want to hit the park. We never felt like anything was at risk of being compromised, but we did bring our own luggage locks to put on the actual suitcases while we were out and about!

There are sidewalks the entire way between the hotel and Downtown Disney, however some of them are not as well lit as we'd liked. With that being said, it never felt unsafe walking anywhere and we did a fair amount of it.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool and the highway was near by, but the noise never seemed to bother us at all.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Lauren H
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thanks so much for the kind review, Lauren D!

We appreciate it very much. Please come back soon.

Hope to hear from you soon.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
  • Czech first
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Spent 1 full week with my family while visiting the Disney parks in Orlando. The stay was smooth, laid-back and hassle-free, which allows you to focus on the the attractions.

Pros: Value, location, clean, relatively quiet.
Cons: Some decor and furnishings showing some wear and tear. A/C units needs some internal cleaning.

Never used the free shuttle service to Disney parks. Found the scheduled times to be very limited and restrictive.

Travel tips: Use the public bus system (Lynx) instead. Runs from early morning to midnight and a bus comes around every 30 minutes. Buying a weekly bus pass will save you plenty of time and money. Takes you right into Downtown Disney and the Magic Kingdom ticketing center. From the ticketing center, you can connect to any Disney parks using the Disney monorail or bus system.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot to avoid the freeway drone.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jman425
Great tips for our awesome guests, Jman425!

Are you visiting Orlando again in the future? We truly hope so and can’t wait to see you.

If you ever need anything, please let me know.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed in January for the Disney Run event.
The hotel has 4 buildings; I stayed in the far right, top floor, with a view to the pool.
The room is OK, with good beds and a good bathroom; no complains here.
Everything was working, but the WiFi signal is kind of week, with low speeds. I had to go to the reception to get a good speed.
The hotel is located near the Disney complex and with several restaurants and stores nearby.
My only complain is that the hotel charges to receive packages/deliveries: 5 bucks for each package!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Artur H
How did you do on your run, Artur H? Hope it went well for you.

Thanks for the nice review. Sorry about the internet connection.

We hope to see you at the next marathon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here at the end of January while meeting some old friends in Orlando. I had no issues with this hotel at all. Check in was very easy and fast and I found the staff to be very friendly. The lobby, itself, was very welcoming and very well kept. There is a small convenience store, a bar, an restaurant, and even an arcade for the kids. I can't speak to how they were as I was really only at the hotel to sleep. I also did not utilize the shuttles, so I cannot speak to how they are. There is a huge parking lot. Just note that if you are coming back late, you might have to park further away than you might like. The parking lot is lit, but it seemed like it could use more lights to me. I felt the same about the outside walkways. It just seemed very dark. There is also a security guard who checks people coming in. On the other side of the lake, or pond, there is a shopping center. There are some places to eat here, and there is also a grocery store. If you don't feel like driving out to 535, this is a good option. If you do feel like driving out, you are very close to a lot of restaurants on 535.

Now for the room. I actually thought the room was very nice and clean. I had a king bed with 4 pillows. There looked to be some extra towels as well. The toiletries seemed to be replaced everyday, which was unnecessary, but also not a problem. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave too. The fridge was great as I could store bottled water, coke, leftover food in it. The fridge and microwave were also very clean. There is a flat screen tv and free WiFi as well. While my room did face I-4, it didn't bother me. I live near a major interstate here, so I didn't notice. That's just me though, so if you are used to it being quiet, you might have an issue.

If I had to give any kind of advice to anyone, I would tell them to make sure they have their cell phone charger handy at all times. The reception was terrible, and I was getting 2 bars at best with Verizon. I don't know if it's because my room faced I-4 or not, but that was definitely an issue, though no fault at all of the hotel. Also, the plugs didn't seem to want to hold anything snugly. My cell phone charger was fine, but my laptop charger kept giving me issues when I tried to keep it connected to an electrical current. If I had to pick negatives, those are the only two things I can think of.

In short, it's an older hotel, but it looks to me like they have been doing a great job with the upkeep of it. It's in a great location, and it's somewhere I would stay again,

Room Tip: Make sure you have your cell phone charger handy. The reception is not good at all and your battery...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Braumeister24
Thanks so much, Jason C!

Great review…we appreciate it more than you know.

Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I've stayed two times here and I really like the hotel, the location is super convenient, there are famous restaurants just around the corner, souvenir shops and the most important thing is that the parks are very close to this hotel.

Parking lot is huge for each module and they have two different pools that you can enjoy when is isn't cold.

Staff is a little bit uncourteous. I had some problems with the A/C as it was not working fine and making a lot of noise, I requested a room change but the front desk personnel didn't accepted to change it because the hotel was totally booked, so I went out and find out that the building were we where was empty, I called again and requested to talk to the manager, that after a little bit of arguing accepted to give us another room.

There is a small convenience store and a good restaurant inside. You can send packages and they'll pick them up for a small fee. Rooms are above average for a standard price, but a little noisy as the highway is just in front of the property. I'll recommend it if your're on a short stay to visit the parks in Orlando.

I'll definitively book it again when I return to Orlando in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Lower floors seem to be better as those are less noisy, and sometimes the elevator is out of service...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wapbravo
Thank you very much for the kind review, Wapbravo!

We appreciate the feedback. I will ensure the management has seen your review to talk about the issue you ran into.

Thanks again,

Wilsonville, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is a large hotel and older, but in decent shape. I read other reviews and asked for a room away from I-4 and it wasn't a problem. Very quiet at night. Nice check in area and friendly people. I got a welcome package for discounts in the area. I also got a very good deal on a room here. Most hotels in the area were $250 a night but I got $119 with 4 night stay and 3 day Disney park pass with it. Very worth it. They have a restaurant and small convenience store in the lobby which was great. I did not swim but they have 2 pools and the water was warm but not real warm and it was clean. There is a small playground for kids also. They have self service laundry but I never used it. You access the rooms from outside and there are elevators. You get 4 pillows per bed and I thought the beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. My room had lots of extra outlets, there was a multi power strip on the desk as well as a few extra outlets built into the base of the lamp between the beds so you really don't have to go looking for a place to plug in your stuff. There was a microwave and small fridge and single service coffee maker. There was a light "dirty socks- smelly shoes" smell to the room. They have heat and air so I ran the fan all the time which did help the smell and was very tolerable. This room has a large wood armoire with lots of hangers in to. Lots of cable stations on the TV flat screen. Very close to freeway access and lots of choices to eat all around the area. Free parking for my rental car. They have security 24 hours at the entrance which is nice. You get a parking pass for your car when you register. All the Disney parks are very close by. They offer free shuttles but I wanted the freedom to come and go as I wanted so never used them. Internet access worked well. Over all if you are not picky this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank Europetravelfan60
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
We are a great place to stay and in the heart of it all. Thanks RNMOM60, we appreciate your review.
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stopped here for a one-night stay in November, before checking into a WDW resort.
We arrived early and had no issues checking in.
Counter personnel were friendly and helpful and took care of our room requests.
When we got to our room, it had an odor of wet dog or soured wet towels.
We went back to the front desk and explained the problem; they apologized and quickly found us another room.
The new room was in order and what we had expected from the first room.

The rest of our time here was perfect, and we had no other issues.
The beds are comfortable, and there are a variety of pillows to choose from.
Having the mini-fridge and microwave in the room is a definite plus.
The privacy divider between the room and the bathroom area is a plus as well.
We did not eat on site, so I cannot speak for the restaurant.
This is a good family hotel, and the pool has nice amenities for the kids.

This hotel is a favorite of ours. We have stayed here many times, for as little as 1 night and as long as 1 week.
It is convenient to the theme parks, especially WDW; there are many restaurants nearby, some within walking distance; and the outlet mall is just on the other side of the highway.

This is not a high-end hotel, so if that it what you are looking for, don't stay here.
What it is, is a clean and comfortable place to stay when you want to spend a reasonable amount of money on a hotel.
We have only ever stayed on a deal of $50/night or less.
I probably would not stay at the regular rate ($70-80, I think), as I believe I can find something nicer for that price.
But it is exactly what I expect to get for around $50/night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks augerdogger. Being one of your favorite hotels is simply the best! We’ll always work as quickly as possible to take care of whatever is needed to ensure you have a great stay.