“2nd stay just as good... Thank you!”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #177 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We easily checked in early, still gave us room requested(facing pool).updated rooms a plus Heard nothing in adjoining rooms. Elevators work great. Hot water on demand anytime.Always ice in ice machine. Great location, will be back!! At this price what more do you expect... Worth every penny.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Puppalucci
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

We try our hardest, Puppalucci-

THanks for the awesome review. We hope you visit us again soon in the future.

Safe travels and happy holidays to you and your family.

Thanks for choosing Rosen Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to do a last-minute trip to Disney. We weighed the options of staying on property vs. off, and I'm glad we chose off. I Pricelined this for six nights for $190. Compare that to a budget resort at Disney - those were $80 per night. The quality of rooms were the same. I would say that this hotel actually had better furniture.

A nice thing about this property was the proximity to the restaurants along the main road that's right there. Upon check-in, they give you coupons. One of them was a BOGO for the Cici's almost next door, which was great for what you would expect and very clean.

We didn't have any issues with this hotel. The staff were all very professional and helpful. The road noise wasn't a problem for us. I sleep with a fan usually, so it created a white noise for me.

We will definitely consider this hotel when we return to Orlando.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the kind words, Ashley S!

We hope the weather was nice and warm for you while you were visiting.

If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future, please feel free to reach out to me.

Have a great day!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed for several days and we were thoroughly impressed with the courteous staff - starting with greeter at the door all the way through housekeeping/maintenance. The restaurant is a must see/taste - excellent food and selections at a reasonable rate (did the buffet). Front desk personnel were great in accommodating a couple of special requests (Thanks Anthony). We had a room opposite the parking lot, facing the pool. Had read complaints of other travelers not liking the noise on that side but had no problem with it at all. Atmosphere was very pleasant, grounds and view from our room was totally relaxing. We have stayed at several of the Rosen properties and find this one is bettered only by Shingle Creek but there is a big difference in price. Value for the dollar - A+. Proximity to WDW - A+

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Wow…thank you so much for the awesome words, Marshall G!

We appreciate you and hope you come back and visit the next time you are in Orlando.

Safe travels and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

If you stay in this Clarion, you have half the chance of not sleeping well as about half of the rooms are next to a major highway. The worst is even if they have rooms away from the highway, they might not give them to you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

I promise that we will always try and accommodate any request especially when it comes to the location of the room, 2000_FreqTraveller.

If you or anyone ever has special requests, my email and phone number are readily available and I’m more than happy to assist.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I got this property from a blind bid on hot-wire.com. $45 a night, not a bad location, just over the main street from Downtown Disney area. Near lots of restaurants etc. The good, low price and clean room. The Bad: The toilet didn't stop running, without taking the lid off and pushing the plastic stopper back into place. The internet was poor at best. A call to the front desk had them telling me there was nothing wrong with the internet. Well, obviously there was. This is my biggest pet peeve with hotels, who advertise internet, and then it doesn't work. This is 2013, and internet is about as necessary as telephone service was years ago. Why are there still hotels that have internet service that is poor at best? Rooms are clean, however, their choice of room colors, mustard colored walls and dark red carpet, and dark red bed spreads made the room look dingy, and depressing. You can leave the windows open since they open onto the walkway, not a balcony, so you have no privacy if you open the drapes. I would not have picked such dark colors for a room. Dark lamp shades, (dark beige), didn't help either. You will need to get a room on the opposite side of the major highway that the hotel sits on. Our room was quiet, but I cannot imagine anyone on the highway side, which was, as I said, a major 8 lane highway. The pool is right by this highway and was not pleasant to sit by with the noise. I don't know why the parking lot was not placed on the highway side and the pool on the quiet side??? Anyway, I paid about the same as a Motel 6 for this place, so I can't complain as it is a step up, but really wish I could have had internet service. Also the TV reception was almost like back in the days when you had an antenna…remember that? Yes, a fuzzy picture, even with cable TV in the room. Paint peeling in the bathroom off the ceiling was not too attractive either. Other than that, the housekeeping was good, and the room was clean. Just make sure you don't get a room on the highway side, you will regret it, and don't plan on a quiet sit by the pool unless you enjoy having a picnic in the middle of a highway.

Room Tip: Don't, I repeat, don't get a room on the highway side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you, Silver2907 for the review but I’m so sorry to hear about your bad experience with the internet activity.

If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to reach out to me.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at the Clarion in Lake Buena Vista,great experience and relaxing stay,room consisted of king size bed,microwave,refrigerator,safe,hair dryer,iron and iron board,not to mention soft bed and plenty of pillows and a good size TV,very friendly staff,very close to Disney Attractions and the prices were very reasonable....We will definitely will be back there again....

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing parking lot and lobby...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

We love that you are going to be back, Pietro9357!

Thank you for the great review.

Can’t wait to have you back.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for seven nights, and after the first few days I decided that this was the place to stay in Orlando from now on. The room was clean, and everything worked (amazing really). There are a lot of chain restaurants around, but unfortunately nothing but a pizza place within walking distance. It's very close to Disney World and SeaWorld. I had a car, so I didn't use the shuttle.

But then on the third day I returned to my room and it was clear that it had been set up for the next guest. I found that about $20 worth of food had been removed from the refrigerator. After a phone call, I met with a security officer who said I should replace the missing items and to bring the receipt so he would reimburse me. I did so, gave him the receipt for $20.64, and got the $20.64 promised reimbursement. OK, they handled it well, and I was moderately happy. He assured me that steps would be taken to ensure that this wouldn't happen again.

Then on the sixth day something similar happened again. This time a gallon jug of milk with about 40% of it remaining was missing from the refrigerator. I could see that some other things in the refrigerator had been rearranged a bit to take up the empty space. After several calls and a visit to the front desk, I was told that the milk would be replaced. About a hour later a security officer brought a replacement gallon of milk to me. (Exactly the same Walmart store brand and type, so they clearly had the missing jug.) He explained that the maid thought that I was done with the jug that was in the refrigerator because it was practically empty. Huh? 40% of a gallon is "practically empty"? So the question lingering in my mind is this: Why would the housekeeping staff even be looking in the refrigerator when it was clear that I was still staying there? (I even had a "I AM STILL HERE" note on the refrigerator door.) And if I had left a slightly frayed shirt in the room, should they assume that I didn't want it?

BTW, to avoid issues like the above I never ever leave anything of value in a hotel room when I'm out for the day. The trunk of a car parked in a well-travelled area seems like a safer place for my luggage.

After all this, would I stay here again? I don't know.

Merle

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Merle B

That is definitely not what I wanted to read about, MerleRB… I am so sorry.

I have already sent you an email separately to get more information.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.