“Festive and relaxing stay”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #178 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Festive and relaxing stay”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at the Clarion in Lake Buena Vista,great experience and relaxing stay,room consisted of king size bed,microwave,refrigerator,safe,hair dryer,iron and iron board,not to mention soft bed and plenty of pillows and a good size TV,very friendly staff,very close to Disney Attractions and the prices were very reasonable....We will definitely will be back there again....

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing parking lot and lobby...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We love that you are going to be back, Pietro9357!

Thank you for the great review.

Can’t wait to have you back.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Czech first
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for seven nights, and after the first few days I decided that this was the place to stay in Orlando from now on. The room was clean, and everything worked (amazing really). There are a lot of chain restaurants around, but unfortunately nothing but a pizza place within walking distance. It's very close to Disney World and SeaWorld. I had a car, so I didn't use the shuttle.

But then on the third day I returned to my room and it was clear that it had been set up for the next guest. I found that about $20 worth of food had been removed from the refrigerator. After a phone call, I met with a security officer who said I should replace the missing items and to bring the receipt so he would reimburse me. I did so, gave him the receipt for $20.64, and got the $20.64 promised reimbursement. OK, they handled it well, and I was moderately happy. He assured me that steps would be taken to ensure that this wouldn't happen again.

Then on the sixth day something similar happened again. This time a gallon jug of milk with about 40% of it remaining was missing from the refrigerator. I could see that some other things in the refrigerator had been rearranged a bit to take up the empty space. After several calls and a visit to the front desk, I was told that the milk would be replaced. About a hour later a security officer brought a replacement gallon of milk to me. (Exactly the same Walmart store brand and type, so they clearly had the missing jug.) He explained that the maid thought that I was done with the jug that was in the refrigerator because it was practically empty. Huh? 40% of a gallon is "practically empty"? So the question lingering in my mind is this: Why would the housekeeping staff even be looking in the refrigerator when it was clear that I was still staying there? (I even had a "I AM STILL HERE" note on the refrigerator door.) And if I had left a slightly frayed shirt in the room, should they assume that I didn't want it?

BTW, to avoid issues like the above I never ever leave anything of value in a hotel room when I'm out for the day. The trunk of a car parked in a well-travelled area seems like a safer place for my luggage.

After all this, would I stay here again? I don't know.

Merle

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Merle B
That is definitely not what I wanted to read about, MerleRB… I am so sorry.

I have already sent you an email separately to get more information.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

UK
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the price. The second best thing is the location. Just a short drive from Disney attractions and on a great Lynx route. The 50 runs every 30 mins to Downtown Disney, Ticket & Transportation. Centre and Sea World. There are shops and restaurants within walking distance. Downtown Disney can be walked in 45 mins if you don't mind the traffic fumes.

Facilities are good with restaurant, bar, pools, playground and laundry. The dinner buffet is nothing special but it's cheap and convenient. Free breakfast buffet is a bit limited but you can pay to upgrade to a larger selection. The small hotel shop is not cheap but you're paying for convenience.

Rooms are OK, housekeeping is good.

We found the hotel a bit noisy, not from traffic, but from other guests, particularly at the weekend. A bit more consideration would have been nice.

Security was quite high profile which is good when the rooms open onto the outside, motel style.

A good bet if you are looking for a budget hotel close to Disney.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank LisaCUK
So happy to hear about your satisfying experience, LIsaCUK~

Thank you so much for the kind words.

We hope you come back soon. Happy Holidays.

Canandaigua, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We read the previous reviews and noted that one said there were roaches in the room. My mother (who I was traveling with) said "Don't worry... everywhere in Florida has roaches."

She wasn't so unconcerned when one jumped out at her in the bathroom!!

Aside from the roach incident the room is great. Nice size, clean, very comfortable beds. The pools are both very nice (and have been deserted both days we've been here so far). The rooms facing the highway are extremely loud though. Definitely ask for a room not facing the highway!

The location is great- almost walking distance to Downtown Disney (depends on how far you consider "far"), and a 5 minute drive to all of the Disney parks.

The staff are very nice, the grounds are nice and it's in walking distance to several places to eat. The $5 pizza is really, really good. The rest of the food in the little hotel convenience store is on the pricey side.

There is also a shuttle to the Disney parks. The schedule is very limited though, and doesn't make much sense to take advantage of because of the limited hours you'd be at the park.

Overall we'll likely consider this place again because it is so reasonable and so perfect for families. We'll just watch out for the roaches!

Room Tip: Don't take a room facing the highway!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TDNY
Hi TDNY-

The ever famous line of ‘everywhere in Florida has roaches’ is definitely one that we try to avoid. Our hotel is doing everything possible to ensure that pests are not part of anyone’s vocabulary while staying with our property.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you back in the future. If you do choose to come back, please let me know.

Olivet, Michigan
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Room and service were good. The location is excellent and although we were on the highway side of the hotel, it wasn't a big issue. Check in was easy, parking and security was ample. Everything worked well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the kind words, Dana H!

We appreciate it. I definitely agree about the highway side and will try and assist with any persons request to have the other side.

Thank you very much. Hope to have you back in the future.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This has become my go-to hotel for a quick trip to Orlando. The location is great if you are visiting Disney. It has easy access to and from I-4.

The rooms are average. I like that there are doors between the bathroom area and the beds to keep the light and noise out if someone has to stay up late or get up early.

The wi-fi worked great on my last visit. I have never been in the pool or eaten at the restaurant. They do NOT have a fitness center.

The best part is the rate. With AAA, I have never paid more than $55 a night for a room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Very kind review, jmburd. Thank you so much!

We love hearing from our repeat guests and hope to have you back again soon.

If there is ever anything I can do to make your stay even better, please reach out to me.

I’m always available for our guests. Past, present and future.

Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Hotel was at a good location really close to Downtown Disney. Rooms were good and spacious. Staff was friendly and always with a smile. Good hotel when traveling on a budget. They had a great breakfast available and enough parking =)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review, Ray G!

We hope you come back soon. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you.

Thanks again,