“OK for short stay”

Ranked #175 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Greensboro, NC
“OK for short stay”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion Inn LBV for one night before checking into our Disney resort the next day. It was fine for one night but I don't think I'd want to stay too much longer. The hotel has been redone and the rooms were semi-updated and clean but you could still see the wear and tear from it's older days. The bedspreads felt cheap and kinda yucky and the blankets had stains. The rooms open to the outside and are quite small but well appointed with a fridge, desk space, wardrobe. The bathroom shower smelled like mildew. We did use the main pool which was a nice area and towels were provided. We did not make it over to the sprayground because it was late at night when we checked in but my daughter, 7, liked the big pool. We requested a room not facing the interstate and we did not experience noise problems, We had breakfast in the buffet area which was very crowded. The food was OK, what you expect for cheap breakfast but not bad. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The area is great as there are lots of choices of restaurants and a grocery store right down the street. Traffic getting into and out of the hotel area was pretty congested. Overall, our stay was just fine, we only paid $69 and we were only there from 7pm-8am so it was fine for what we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the interstate if noise is an issue for you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tikicisti
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We would love to have you back for a longer stay, Tikicisti, and show you a better time.

If you choose to come back, please reach out to me personally. I will work my hardest to ensure your next stay is worthy of a better rating!

Thanks for staying with us. Have a great day.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Czech first
United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Do not stay at this facility. Not clean, felt very cheap (cleanliness, bedding, amenities). Door lock was broken and would not allow me to get into my own room. Maintenance and security kept me up until nearly midnight 'working on it' when I told them I had to be up the next morning by 6am for a business conference. They still didn't get it to work until the next day, and even then, the keys I was using were deactivated and NO ONE bothered to tell me. They offered me a free breakfast as compensation, but I declined as I was fearful of what the food may be like...

Room Tip: Avoid the bottom floors if possible; you can hear every conversation of everyone walking past. Also...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah S
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi Sarah S-

I am so sorry to hear that your experience of the property wasn't great. We really strive to ensure our guests are happy while they are here, but it seems that we have missed the target with you.

Were you able to speak with a manager while here? We really want to make sure that all guests are completely satisfied before they leave so we definitely suggest bringing any unsatisfactory issues to our attention.

I will reach out to you privately as well to see about getting more information.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to talking to you.

Thanks,

shropshire
Reviewed October 21, 2013

we got back from our second stay at this hotel 2 weeks ago ,the first time we stayed it was called the comfort inn and we had no problems . The stay was fine if anything for its location ,if you are doing Disney its literally 2 minuits down the road . laundry is 2 dollars a wash n 2 dollars a dry ,which is cheap but lots of luck getting the token machine to work it took us forever >The main 2 gripes I had with this hotel where the cleaners never replenished the tea coffee packets even after a complaint was made to front desk , I had to keep going to front desk to fetch them myself as we where located in the furthest building this was a pain . one day coming back early to rest we where disturbed by drilling on the other side of our wall the noise was horrendous ,when I called reception to complain they sent a very rude security guard who hammered on my door to tell me it was maintenance work ,,and he couldn't understand why I thought it was unreasonable to listen to ...ER IM ON HOLIDAY NOT STAYIN ON A BUILDING SITE , I understand hotels have to be maintained but the hotel was half full so why put us next to a room that's being renovated ?,this hotel has the potential to be a great place to say with a little more communication by staff and a little more organisation ,also staff decided to put 3 young lads next to us who just wanted to party and play music all night long ,when I mentioned that we had no sleep the next day at reception they told me I could make a complaint but after the attitude of the security guy about the drilling I thought whats the point ? if u are reading this clarion its so easy to rectify these issues , WHEN A CUSTOMER HAS AN ISSSUE SORT IT OUT QUICKLY , people work hard to earn their 2 week holiday its no good when the holiday is over to say sorry after the fact .

Room Tip: get a room on the carpark side for reduced noise levels
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gaige
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience, gaige.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will research this a bit more for you.

I will be sending you a private message to get more information.

This is definitely not our normal procedures so I apologize for this on behalf of the hotel.

Thanks again,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked this hotel as part of a last minute package deal with Thomson. After reading the reviews we were slightly concerned but as soon as we arrived our reservations went out the window.

For the price we paid we thought this place was great. Brilliant location for Disney but also for seaworld and universal as you can go the back away that runs parallel with the the I4 and international drive, which cuts out a lot of traffic. There are also a good selection of restaurants within walking distance. Felt really safe with the security team who were excellent.

Our room was a good size with a lovely king sized bed and flat screen tv. The room was always cleaned to a really good standard and had a fridge and microwave which was useful.

The hotel has a couple of pools and a restaurant although we didn't use either as Orlando has soo many great places to eat and water parks to enjoy there was no need.

When we go back to Florida (hopefully soon) we would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again, in fact we would try to book it again as for the price you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the carpark and even though we were the first room from the lifts there was ver...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow…thanks, Amyl L.

We appreciate the kind words more than you know.

We hope you do come back. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks again,

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from a week stay at the Clarion Inn and what a huge pleasant surprise our stay was.

We booked a last minute package holiday via Thomson and were a little apprehensive as the Clarion Inn was the cheapest hotel listed with Thomson and some reviews have been negative, well we need not have worried, our stay was fantastic.

I requested in advance a top floor room away from the freeway, on arrival this was actioned for us. The hotel is located in a quiet section of Palm Parkway, which id describe as a classy version of International Drive, the hotel itself is surrounded by lakes and banana tress and has a real resort tucked away vibe.

Our room was clean and didnt seem dated at all, the beds were comfy, the room was cleaned and restocked every day and unlike some resort hotels this was done by 10am each morning.

From our balcony we could see the disney fireworks which was a wonderful bonus and id recommend asking for a room this side of the hotel, as the freeway noise did seem quite a lot on our walk to breakfast.

We ate breakfast every day at the hotel, the food was really nice, the price very good and eating looking out of the window watching the wildlife play in the tress was a great bonus.

Throughout our stay , every member of staff was fantastic, a smile and hello was always there and they took the time to actually have a chat with us, unlike lots of hotels they all genuinely wanted to talk and offered local tips, so a huge pat on the back for all staff, especially Tatyana who we met at breakfast, a great friendly soul.

In summary, this hotel was a fantastic retreat from the theme parks, a lovely friendly, clean haven. We loved our time here and wouldnt hesitate to return or tell anyone going to Orlando to pick this hotel. A wonderful stay thank you.

Room Tip: A top floor room at the front of the hotel, you can see the disney fireworks, the other side of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank justin j
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Your review is more than perfect, justin j.

Thank you so much for the amazing review and for the shout-out to Tatyana. I will be sure her management team knows about her great customer service.

We hope you come back soon. If there is ever anything I can do for you…please let me know.

Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We arrived about 3:30pm, it wasnt quite ready bc checkin is at 4. We did have to wait but they do say check in is at 4. =) So you cant be mad if you get there early and its not ready. This was the first time staying here. I booked it through Groupon and the process went smoothly when I arrived.
I needed tickets to Magic Kingdom, I listened to the promotional spill and decided no I didnt want to visit a hotel to get my tickets. I got my tickets from the other person at the hotel not doing the promotion.
We had drinks in the bar, they were good and the bartender was great. We had their breakfast buffett it was good as well.
We swam in the pool and there splash pad was great.
The room was clean. They had a safe to put you belongings in and you lock it with your code. Free Wifi. A small fridge in the room.
Our room was tended to every day, we were always well stocked with towels and supplies. The beds were comfortable. We were on the road side but the noise wasnt loud and didnt bother me. They had laundry area on 3rd flr. It takes tokens that you can get from their token machine.
We didnt use their shuttles but noticed many of customers did. It saves on the $15 parking per park but they have limited pick up and drop off.
We got what we paid for. We wanted a room with beds that is clean and decently priced and we got it. I plan on staying here again.
Disney World, Discovery cove, Aquatica, and sea world were only 5 minutes away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa G
We enjoyed having you here, Lisa G!

Thank you so much for the amazing review of the property.

Will you back soon? Tennessee isn’t too far away…we hope you get the chance to come back for some fun and sun!

Thank you.

Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the Clarion recently and found it to be a great location for Disney.
The rooms are typical American Hotel with 2 double beds, although they were on the small side. And the rooms could do with some updating. But on the whole this place is very good value for money, plus there are lots of restaurants within minutes of the hotel. We found the check in was fast and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only down side is that Interstate 4 is running along side this hotel and the traffic noise is loud. We asked for a room facing the car park which was much calmer so slept very well. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing car park.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bulld0g11
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hi Bulldog10!

Thank you so very much for the amazing review of the Clarion!

We loved that you were happy here.

Please visit us again soon. Let me know if you need anything else.