“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #176 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I hate to say how wonderful the Clarion is because I am afraid we might not get a room once every one knows. We are frequest visitors and try to go to Disney every month or 2. This is close to all the parks, not just Disney. It's convenient, Buffet Breakfast; dinner and Lite Bite Lounge where you can get a cocktail or something to eat. Food is very good, especially breakfast, prise reasonable and kids eat free. Game room for the kids splash park for kids,see a few big kids there too. The staff is great, friendly, security makes you feel safe. We feel at home, would not stay any where else. We go so often that the wait staff see us coming and bring us our drinks, don't know if that makes us predictable or that the staff is just incredtble.

Room Tip: Book Early, recent make over all room look great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GailnGary8131988
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
That is too kind, GailnGary8131988!

THANK YOU so much for the raving review of our property. We hope you have the chance to get back soon.

Thanks again,

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Czech first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just come to the end of a ten day stay at this hotel. Our room was a good size, overlooking the parking lot, nice and quiet. Housekeeping came everyday to make the bed and provide fresh towels and replenish the shampoo, soap etc. if we were not getting up early for the parks we put the do not disturb sign on the door the night before and removed it when we left for the day, we were never disturbed. The location is great for the parks with complimentary shuttles to the Disney parks, universal, sea world and Busch gardens. The shuttle times do mean you are restricted somewhat to how long you can spend in the parks and the last shuttle leave the hotel around lunch time, so if you wanted to go just for the evening to watch the fireworks you would need to make your own way, or, like we did, stay there all day into the evening which makes for a long day. The shuttles were generally on time although once the last shuttle back from magic kingdom was 45 minutes late, which wasn't really acceptable.

There is a bus stop opposite the hotel too, the number 50 bus runs to sea world, downtown disney and to the transportation centre, v handy! Staff at the clarion were friendly and helpful, we had no need to report any problems so can't comment on that side of things. There are two pools, the one we used was pleasant, plenty of towels and sun beds. It's not a luxury hotel but it is comfortable and a great base fr the parks and downtown Disney, we enjoyed our stay.if we went back we probably would hire a car as gives more freedom. We tried the breakfast buffet once, it wasn't great but my first time in America, I don't know how it compares to other hotel breakfasts.

Did laundry once, no problems. Good happy hour at the bar and grill, didn't try the food there.

All in all we had a great stay and would go back, thanks clarion!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kate C
Sorry to hear about the bus situation, Kate C, however, I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your first visit to America.

We hope you come back...if there is ever anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The road where the hotel is located is about the closest possible to Disney Village. It is a very good location.The road before it has all resturants and a grocery store. The hotel had a security gate, so that was good. Thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face I-4.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank D S
Thanks, D S for those kind words.

Are you visiting us again soon? We hope so!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Deltona
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great place to stay. Great rates. Rooms are very clean with generous amenities Shows clean. Plenty of extra towels. Close to tons of good eating establishments and has there own bar and grill in the hotel. I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ken B
Shucks, Ken B! Thank you.

We appreciate the compliments!

Please let us know if you will be back. We would love to have you!

Las Piedras
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It is a good place to stay near a variety of places to eat. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a big parking lot. Better than that: near Downtown Disney. Check in and check out: very easy. I need to make a print of my boarding pass and they will there to help me. I recommend this hotel. After all, I'm a travel agent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank braincoral
If a Travel Agent recommends us...you know it is good, braincoral!

Thank you so much for the shout out. We appreciate it more than you know.

Thanks,

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My first trip to Orlando Fl, WOW! This hotel is in an ideal location for anyone wanting to visit Disney, Universal, Sea World, or if like my fiancé, Florida Mall, Orlando Premium Outlets - all within 15 minutes. The hotel room has been kept very clean, the bed is very comfortable (and I struggle to sleep in another bed than my own), a/c unit works a treat, the swimming pool (by blocks one and two) is clean and area surrounding tidy, security check every vehicle that comes in and they are very noticeable when patrolling the grounds, the laundry facilities are great. I can not comment about the bar or the food areas as we did not use these - there are plenty of places within walking distance to go to. The reception desk staff very friendly and welcoming and dealt with my request to be the opposite side of the I-4 like it wasn't a problem at all (request a room away from the I-4 it's lovely and quiet). Had one issue with the sink in the room not draining but one call to front desk and this was sorted within half an hour.
Overall, this hotel is a great place to stay and is ideally located for all attractions, thanks to all that made my first stay so memorable and enjoyable. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Just ask if you can get a room away from the I-4 as it could be quite noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Millsy0545
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
WOW is right, Millsy0545! Your review has us saying WOW!!!

Thank you for letting us know how your stay went. We hope you come back soon.

Thanks,

Cellular: 407-832-1569
Fax: 407-996-3157
Queens, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I found out about this hotel on visit Orlando.com. I got myself a free Orlando magic card. Breakfast was included with room. The breakfast buffet was nice for being included with our hotel stay with the offer we got. The room was clean and decent. House keeping was slacking we actually had to call for service and toilet ran real slow. We called and they said there water savings toilets..it was annoying. Other than that it was a decent stay. It was a great value. I searched quite a few places for being on the budget and this was one of the lowest prices I found with breakfast. The pool area was nice..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmoo6
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks for the review, tmoo6!

We appreciate your kind words very much. So sorry about the issue with housekeeping, and I’ll ensure that the Housekeeping Manager sees a copy of this review.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thank you!