“Good hotel for small budget, good location”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #175 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Good hotel for small budget, good location”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed in Clarion Inn for 10 nights, and my room was near I-4. It wasn't as bad as what I read from the reviews. Once you close the door, much of the noise is shut off.

Advantages:
- Good location. It was near places like Disneyland, outlets and Universal Studios. Furthermore, there were shuttle services provided for theme parks and I really appreciate that. One premium outlet is just across I-4 (you can't walk) and there are shuttle services provided as well.
- Service not bad. I enjoyed some of their services and their staff are always very friendly towards people.
- You can purchase your Disneyland tickets here
- Amenities such as Free Wifi, microwave, fridge etc.
- Lots of food/supermarts nearby

Disadvantages:
- The shuttle services are at certain timings, it doesn't come every hour but instead comes at a specific time, so you can't miss the bus.
- Water pressure not very good

On a whole it was an awesome experience. Furthermore, I paid only around 500 (tax included) for 10 nights. It was a good deal for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fullofdusk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Czech first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in early December during a solo trip to Walt Disney World. Overall I found the hotel to be nice, but I did have a few small complaints.

The location of the hotel is great, being just a few blocks from Crossroads and the main WDW entrance on 535. There are tons of restaurants and businesses in the area, yet this hotel didn't have much through traffic due to being on a relatively less traveled side street. The exterior and lobby areas of the hotel were nice and seemed well maintained. I didn't use the pool areas, but they looked nice.

Inside the room, everything seemed fresh and reasonably new. The bed was super comfortable, and the pillows were fluffy and firm. There was a nice armoire for hanging clothes as well as two sets of drawers, a flat screen TV, a desk with desk chair and a separate comfy chair. The room also came with a mini fridge and microwave that were built into the counter top by the sink. It also featured sliding doors that can close off the sink area, which would be a great feature when someone needs privacy for changing clothes.

The only issues I had with the room were in the bathroom. The toilet had no pressure at all, and routinely took 2-3 flushes just to make paper go down. As well, the plastic walls inside the shower had these awkward ledges that looked like you could sit your shampoo bottles and stuff on them. But they were sloped in a way that made you only able to balance stuff on the very edge, which of course made everything fall if it was nudged even slightly. Instead I had to sit them on the edge of the tub, which caused the shower curtain to stay open and cause a breeze. Sounds picky, but it annoyed me every time I got in the shower.

I also had an issue with ants one day. I bought a boxed cake, ate one piece, then closed it up and left it overnight by the fridge. When I got up the next day, the cake had some ants in it. When I brought it to the front desk's attention, I was refunded the cost of the cake. Kinda gross, but it was handled politely. And I never saw ants besides this incident, so hopefully it is isolated.

Overall, the location and comfort of the room outweighs the negatives of the bathroom and the slight ant issue.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank USRoadTripper
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed December 20, 2012

It's a very poor hotel. You have better options near by. The room is very noise (the view to I-4) and it smells like wet dog.
I bought somethings from Amazon and asked to deliver it in Clariton. They charged me for each package delivered and I had to wait for someone to search for my packages for about 10 minutes.
The location is ok, but like I said before there are better options.

Room Tip: Try Extended Stay Deluxe or Marriott. They are near, better and have similar prices.
2 Thank FabricioMM
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We can assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel. We will be discussing your review with our staff to find ways to deliver the best service to our guests. Thank you for letting us know.
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We booked this hotel as part of a package with 'Virgin'. ,which included the continental breakfast ,which is what you expect ,Juice,cereals, toast ,jams and coffee . A full cooked breakfast is available as an extra ,but better and cheaper breakfast options are available nearby .LBV is a good area to stay close to Disney ,with plenty of good dining options.The room was clean and spacious for a couple . Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from I-4 which passes close to one side of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chrispee52
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at Clarion just for 1 night on December 13th and were pleasantly surprised to find it in such great shape like almost brand new. Everything was kept clean, nice and tidy. It is very conveniently located close to both the Disney and the Airport. We really enjoyed it.

1 Thank yuly_g
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 17, 2012

You can't go wrong here. Close to Walt Disney World and Disney's Shopping Area Called Disney's Marketplace. Room are clean and beds are firm. Free Shuttle to Disney parks.. Very affordable for those looking for a deal...

Room Tip: Try to get a room in bldg one... and facing the pool area...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Frank C
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My three children and I spent one night at this property to kick off our Disney vacation last week. Given the very low room rate, I was apprehensive about what we might encounter. We were pleasantly surprised to find this hotel quite clean, updated and conveniently located. We requested a room on an upper floor facing the car park, and that's exactly what we received. The room was very quiet, reasonably spacious, and comfortable. The room itself was easily as nice as the Disney moderate resort room we moved to for the remainder of our stay. The staff was efficient and friendly. We definitely will stay here again and may be able to visit Disney all the sooner given the great price. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I recommend requesting a room on the parking lot side to avoid the noise from I-4.
1 Thank Eloise M