“Clean, spacious room with all the amenities needed”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #179 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Sydney, Australia
“Clean, spacious room with all the amenities needed”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were travelling with a group of friends (Go WDW Fellowship!) and had originally blocked a group of rooms at one of the Disney All Stars Resorts where we had stayed before, but changed for the Clarion closer to our trip date as they had a fantastic deal for half the price of the All Stars. We were all happy of the change as the rooms at the Clarion were actually better than the rooms at the All Stars! Plus the breakfast was just an additional $10 per room at the time of booking so perfect deal.

The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed, with a mini-fridge and coffee/tea making facilities. The beds were comfy and so where the pillows. Had a good night's sleep despite the highway noise as the a/c noise drowned most of it out. I'm a light sleeper and I wasn't bothered. The TV had a nice choice of channels but the free Wi-Fi was unfortunately inexistant in our room. Other rooms had good Wi-Fi reception but unfortunately not ours. We were in the closest building next to the reception, on the 4th floor... however the room was a few door down from a big column and the reception of the WiFi before the column was perfect, but died out right after the column. I had to go out in my PJ's to look up our travel info & update FB haha!

The breakfast buffet was good enough, nothing to write home about, but it was satisfactory. They have porridge, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, hash browns, muffins, scones, cereals and fresh fruit. Enough to get you going and perfect if you have kids. The All Stars breakfast was MUCH more expensive as there's no buffet available.

We'd definitely stay here again as it's a great value & quality, and it's close to many eateries and shops.

Room Tip: Check WiFi connection at the room if it's vital for you before committing to it and ask for a we...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Czech first
Torrance, California
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Room was clean, recently updated, good bedding = all that fine BUT even though I am a preferred Choice Privileges member, I got a room facing the Interstate and all night I heard trucks, motorbikes, etc zoom by.
Definitely NO free breakfast with room rate, very confusing how they express that during the booking process and I was disappointed by that confusing information. Just say: Breakfast costs $$ and don't be vague!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the busy interstate.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are sorry for any lack of specificity regarding the prices of our breakfast buffet. We will contact our web team to make necessary changes. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and we look forward to one day welcoming you back.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel location is good, easy access to the Parks (Disney and Universal) but the problem is the room cleaning. Every night, I have to kill cockroaches in my room and despite having protest in hotel reception, nothing happened. So, I bought a gel product to kill cockroaches. To test if the room was clean during the day, I leave a dead roach in the bath corner and this roach stay there until the end of my stay, 8 days !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Marco B
We are terribly sorry to hear this. We should have made a better effort and we will be discussing your review with our staff to make the changes necessary to ensure something like this doesn't happen. We would love the opportunity to one day welcome you back and reestablish your confidence in our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how we may improve.
Middlesbrough, England
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at the Clarion Inn 2 adults and 2 kids 26 October for 1 week.
Had a room on the ground floor, facing the car park.
Hotel room was clean, pool area's were clean but could get rather noisey as they face the I4.
Good location.
Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Glenville, New York
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here 4 nights. We took Mears Transportation to the hotel, $21.00 one way or $34.00 round trip and we paid right there with no reservations. The front desk personnel were friendly and always helpful. We called down in the evening when we returned to the room because they didn't leave coffee after cleaning the room and they brought it right up.The rooms are a good size, clean and comfortable with a small fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker and tea. There was also an ironing board and iron. There are no views from the room, the grounds were nice and well kept. Beyond the grounds was the major highway on one side and the parking area on the other. We did not find the road noise bothersome, especially with the ac on. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request a room facing the parking lot. All of the rooms open to an outdoor hallway. There are ice machines and washers and dryers and soda machines selling soda for $1.00. There is a convenience store in the lobby. The pool is very nice. It is off of a major street where you could find tons of restaurants from fast food to nicer restaurants. There was also an Irish pub within walking distance which had good sandwiches. We didn't use the buffet restaurant or any other restaurants in the hotel but it seemed reasonable. We also didn't use the transportation to the parks because my daughter is down there right now and has a car. I don['t think many people visiting Orlando are spending a lot of time at the hotels, they spend it at the parks. This is an economical hotel, $45-60 per night, where you can save money and put it towards all of the expense of the many attractions in the area. The hotel has 24 hour security with a security officer in a hut when entering the property. I don't think you can beat the Clarion Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your wonderful insight. We are glad you found our hotel to be of good value and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back!
Barking, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 10th to 17th Nov. Room clean but that's about all I can say was good about this hotel. Where do I start....extremely disappointed with the food. Continental breakfasts do not comprise just toast and cereals. We did pay for the upgrade for breakfast the first day but didn't bother after that because it was awful. The hotel and its rooms are in dire need of modernisation. I felt like we were in the chapel of rest in our room. The front doors were an awful green with brown window frames. Inside the room was even worse with an awful mustard colour walls and maroon curtains. We could'nt open our curtains because people could see in so spent whatever time we had in our room in virtual darkness because the lighting wasn't very bright either. So all in all would not recommend this hotel unless it was completely mordernised and updated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We do always strive to improve our hotel and the comments you made regarding the colors and especially the lighting will be taken as point for improvements in our near future. I do apologize you were not able to find something on the buffet to your liking, and although it is designed to appeal to all ages, we know it cannot please everyone. We are surrounded by many restaurants and dining options as well as offering breakfast items in our on-site deli. We do hope you will check back with us should you be in our area in the future to see if we can turn your experience into a most positive one.
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was pleased with my room. I did experience the highway noise which served as an alarm in the mornings. I must have been so tired at night that I didn't really notice it once I turned off the lights.I was happy with the decor of the room and comfort of the bed. The staff, that I encountered, just didn't really seem so glad to have you there. Like I said, the first smile that I got, from the front desk, came when I checked out. There was a very pleasant greeter at the entrance; but, when I inquired about certain things, he admitted that he was new and didn't know.
Later, into our visit, we did have a very helpful shuttle driver. We were just wishful we had come across him and the information he shared sooner. I feel like the hotel should be able to offer the same helpful information to visitors.
The feeling, that I came away with, was that the Lake Buena Vista people could care less if you were there. The Disney people, had the goal to make your visit as happy as possible when you were on their property.

Room Tip: I would suggest to choose rooms that are not on the highway side. We had asked for rooms that weren...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family