I was a bit worried after I found the mixed reviews about this hotel. But I still booked this place because
1. based on experience, when a hotel have a lot of mixed reviews I found myself have good faith toward positive reviews when they are significantly outnumbered.
2. The hotel is dog friendly and we might have to travel with our dog.
That said, I still carefully read all the negative comments. After staying here, I have to say a lot of the negative comments are correct. But we already prepared with alternatives and our vacation was not impacted. So, I really appreciate the candid negative comments here that prepared us to lower expectations and adjusted.
Two things got a lot of negative comments and here is my opinion
1. free shuttle to Disney. We agree with the comments here. The shuttle services here are not frequent and not desirable. Our solution was to just drive our own car and paid $14 a day at a Disney parking lot. If this is not an alternative and more frequent shuttles are needed, I would calculate the transportation cost into my budget consideration and maybe book a more expensive hotel which provides a more frequent shuttle service and has more services to different parks.
2. breakfast. Yes, if someone has to pay that breakfast for $8.99 per person, it would be quite an unimpressive, way below value meal. However, since our reservation came with buy one adult bkfst, get one free. Plus, the restaurant has a policy that a child can eat free with a paid adult. Actually, with the three of us, the total was only $10.65. That was the best deal we had in the whole trip. Even MacDonald was more expensive, and not necessarily better. We were very happy with the unlimited amount of coffee and milk. My husband and child were perfectly happy with the made-by-yourself mickey mouse waffles. We were not impacted by other cheap food presented, happy with what we paid for.
Not particular related to this hotel but I found interesting is that a few days later, we brought our kid to a Disney character breakfast at Ohana restaurant in Polynesian Resort. Each adult cost $24, kid $16 not including tax and tip. I didn't feel the breakfast food quality was much more superior. Actually, the bacon provided here were extremely cheap. Food variety was extremely limited. Plus, though it was an all-you-can-eat meal, the server brought the food to your table which you would share with the whole table. I never had so little food at an buffet, plus they were cheap food. I really couldn't understand what Disney was skimp on. Yet, this expensive breakfast got great reviews and the restaurant is the highest rated Disney restaurant. To experience these two breakfasts and read extensively of their reviews, I found them interesting.
Positives things I liked about this hotel
1. Excellent location - very close to Disney. easy access to so many familiar chain restaurants by driving.
2. Excellent value for its price - for $50 a night, we truly feel this is great value. I didn't expect a 3 star quality so I was happy.
Negative comment I have
I didn't enjoy the soft bed. During normal circumstance I would be fine with a soft bed such as the one in Clarion Inn. But because I am 6 month pregnant and I need good back support. Slept on that soft bed was very uncomfortable. It took me extra effort to turn. I had backache everyday.
Other negative comments from reviews were observed. Like mentioned before, not very critical for us.
Overall, we feel the hotel's good price can out weight its negative points well. We had a good time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 2 miles from the world-famous attraction Walt Disney World(R) theme park, the Clarion Inn lake Buena Vista, a Rosen Hotel is your ideal choice in location whether you are visiting for business or for an Orlando family vacation. We are an official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel distinguished by meeting high standards of quality and service. We are also AAA 3 diamond approved. Our package page offers Walt Disney World(R) tickets combined with a deluxe guestroom to help you plan and budget your Walt Disney World(R) vacation wisely. Walt Disney World(R) tickets can be purchased at our guest services ticket and attraction concierge desk. Here you can pic up the theme park, Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet(R), and Premium Outlets Vineland shopping shuttle schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Ctrip TA, HotelPower, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Comfort Lake Buena Vista
- Comfort Inn Orlando
- Orlando Comfort Inn