“Not worth the drama...will not stay here again”

Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #176 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Indialantic, Florida
“Not worth the drama...will not stay here again”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

The staff was pleasant and was able to get everything done fairly quickly. I went up to my room. I had booked through Best Western for the room and had reserved a Disney View room. I didn’t know I was going to get my credit card charged right away but it was, so that was unexpected.

When I went to the room I looked and when I looked out the balcony I could see the other hotels and the highway. No Disney. I went downstairs to have it changed and the gentleman that was being helped by the other lady had the same complaint. They told him that there was nothing they could do but would move him the following day. They did not offer to adjust his rate for the first night.

The lady told me that my reservation was not for a Disney View (word of advice…ALWAYS bring you confirmation)…so I pulled out my confirmation stating Disney View. So she told me that she could give me a King with a pullout couch. I told her no thank you…I was not going to have my kids sleep on a pull-out. I told her to adjust my rate to what it would have been…I knew there was a $30 difference.

Next we turn on the TV and the lower channels were okay but the upper channels got more and more snowy. So they sent the maintenance man… I feel like he is part of the family with how much time he spent in the room with us. They never fixed it completely…I felt bad for the guy. Room service was pretty good. The salad was good and the chocolate cake was great. We ordered a pizza from the bar downstairs (the bartender has to run it up to the room…so it’s quicker to order by phone and pick it up downstairs).

The Pool looks kid friendly… but it’s not… the outer edge is 4” 5 inches…I’m only 5” tall so I was nervous… it was the deepest hotel pool I’ve seen…it went to 8” 5 inches. But it’s next to the garbage…so if the wind hits it the wrong way…you smell garage. My son wouldn’t go in the kiddie pool because it was too cold.

If you have stayed at a Disney Resort before (especially Deluxe) don’t stay here… you will be disappointed. They do the best they can with what they got. If you’ve never stay at Disney, then stay here for an economical hotel close to the attractions just don’t expect luxury.

It felt like a motel even though it looks like a hotel

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Korean first
Kent, WA
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We really liked the view and the room was about what we expected. Except for the 4 inch diameter hole in the bathroom ceiling (which we overlooked, since we had a view of the fireworks) right above the toilet. About half way through our trip, we awoke to water running out of the hole every few minutes. We went downstairs and were told that either we could wait and see if it could be fixed or we could have a new room. We liked the view so we thought we would see if it could be fixed. Upon returning to our room there was a HUGE cockroach on the wall, so we decided to change rooms. The frontdesk staff was very nice about it, but had we not had a package, and only 2 nights left, we would have definitely changed hotels.

The beds were made every day, but had to ask for towels we had four people in our party and they only put three towels in the rooms.

We used the Pizza Hut several times for breakfast and dinner and it was always good. Also the service in the bar was great. The buffets in the restaurant are okay. Would not recommend ordering off the menu the dinner we had the first night was terrible and the servers spent most off the time talking with each other or with friends so it was difficult to get any service.

Not what we expected for being on Disney World property.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BLRRP

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Lakehurst, New Jersey
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Great location if you are staying at Disney, free shuttle buses to all the Disney Parks and Downtown Disney. Also close to Sea World & Discovery Cove. Very clean. Pool is open 24 hours - which my kids LOVED. Breakfast is not free, but is very affordable (it was cheaper than eating out at Denny's). Staff was very attentive. One thing we were disappointed with was they didn't have a mini-fridge in the room and they charged to have one. There is also a $7.99/day "resort fee" - but many area hotels charge this fee and some charge even more than $7.99. The fee includes such things as the shuttle buses to Disney, which is a real cost saver compared to parking at Disney ($12 per day/per park). The shuttle buses can get crowded at times (but hello folks, this is Orlando and if you can't take heat, crowds and long lines this place isn't for you to begin with). We would definitely stay here again. We made our reservations online in advance and got a great rate!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Kent
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Like others I was very disheartened by reading reviews on this site, worried that I chosen an unpleasant hotel for our trip. Boy, was I in for a treat. Firstly, the hotel looks just lovely. The entrance lobby is very impressive and well maintained. Mostly I was impressed by how friendly and helpful all the staff were, always eager to talk and give advice. The location is absolutely amazing, you couldn't ask for better outside of the on site Disney hotels. And you get an amazing view from the higher up rooms. The restaurant provided delicious and varied meals, and again the staff there were incredibly friendly and helpful.

Our room was just lovely, it was kept immaculate, with comfortable beds and more than ample space. The bus service was a real treat, and really made the whole experience that little bit more lovely. It was always reliable and easy to use. Overall we had a blast, and by the end of the week returning to our hotel was like coming home. I loved it, and I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank GiantTurnip
New York
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Room was very clean. Conveniences were excellent. Restaurant food was excellent as was the restaurant staff.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
North Dakota
Reviewed May 23, 2009

As soon as we walked into our room we saw that the bathroom needed maintenance. Caulking around tub and shower fixtures was gone and in bad shape throughout entire bathroom. It was very difficult to cool down the water in the shower and very hot water filled the toilet with every flush. Toilet seat was always wet from steamy water in it. Internet did not work, and we could not find anyone to tell us how to fix the problem. Some electrical outlets did not work. It rained and one half inch of rainwater sat on the balcony and never drained off. I will say that the room was clean except for mold around the air conditioning vent, and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Purplebird67
Mobile, AL
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Very nice facility. Hotel is not properly staffed. There is one clerk on duty at night. She will not answer the phone at the front desk if she is busy. She stated that the hotel had operated that way for several years. "The breakers to our room tripped and we had no electricity."

Also, they charge a "resort fee" of $8 per day. There is a swimming pool. So, I don't know what the $8 is for. May be they need to use it hire another person on the night shift.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Tide1
mjbagley, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this review, June 14, 2009
Our resort fee of $8.99 is for shuttle buses to all Disney Parks, parking at the hotel, wi fi throughout the hotel, use of the fitness center, a daily newspaper, and use of the in room safe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area? Share your experiences!