“Nice room, Great location”

Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #180 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family and I recently took a vacation to Orlando, FL. We picked the Best Western Resort because of the location, price and some positive reviews I had read online.

We had a great mini vacation and enjoyed visiting the Disney World parks. We liked the room at Best Western, the balcony was nice and the location was perfect.

We definitely utilized the shuttle service. We would much rather travel to the park by shuttle as it beats driving your car through the traffic crush and paying a huge parking fees. The shuttle runs every half hour and the drivers are very nice and a wealth of information regarding the parks. The shuttle service allowed us to travel to the park in the morning and come back to the hotel in the afternoon, allowing the kids to swim and get some lunch before returning back to the park.

We did encounter some rowdy guests in the pool area and after I explained the situation to Orcun Yalcin, the Rooms Manager, he showed great concern and resolving the situation quickly and exceeded my expectations. He was refreshingly professional and I was satisfied with our stay and the service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I booked this trip a month ago as a family vacation with my husband returning from Afghanistan and as a wish for my disabled child. The bathroom counters were not clean and neither bathroom was accessible for my son as I requested twice. The "free" breakfast is sad. We could have stayed off the resort for a much cheaper price with a better breakfast and better accommodations. Definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations, and for that I apologize. I did look into your reservation request situation, and see that the reason we could not accomodate you with handicap accessable room is that the previous guests' in those type rooms did not check out prior or during your stay. This is why we cannot guarantee these type rooms, and that they are limited to a "request". Usually this would not be a problem, but during busy times it can be.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We got an internet deal on a pretty nice 16th floor room overlooking a lake with Disney World in the distance off the balcony. The room itself was your basic motel grade room. The bathroom was adequate with only one very small bar of soap provided. The place was clean and neat but the hotel needs to be upgraded or renovated to meet Disney area expectations. However, at the price we paid we had no complaints. There was free self parking and an included shuttle to the parks. If you are looking for a plain vanilla place to stay and can get a good deal, you will be OK with this Best Western.

Room Tip: Ask for a Disney World view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom1Florida

Hi, and thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Disney area. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Upon our arrival we were so excited. Check in took a while. We booked through AAA. Our room as we entered had a strong smell of Clorox. It's now 8:16 and the room still smells of bleach. While I appreciate knowing the bathroom was disinfected my nose says otherwise as I am stuffed up from the fumes.

We went down to the supposedly heated pool and could not go in past our knees. It was a cold 69 or 70 I bet. I went to the front desk to make a complaint and the man behind the desk turned to another guy to have him check the temp. No appology. This should be checked. I should not have to leave the pool because of it being too cold.

There is no hot tub at this hotel but they accomondated the kiddies with a huge kiddy pool.

The bathroom that was supposed to be cleaned and disinfected had a hair left on the nicely placed soap and shampoo tray. Yuck!

Now, my tripple A conformation paper says we get a free complimentary breakfast! Unless terminology has changed, to me that means a full breakfast not continental. But the desk says its only a continental breakfast but for $8.00 more we can get a full breakfast.

We are on the 11th floor. The elevator lobby carpet floor looked like it needed vacuuming. There was no check in before 3:00 so I would expect that area to be clean. The carpet is dirty also.

I will NEVER stay here again and to make matters worse I'm stuck here for 4 more days!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Saltydoggal55
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hi. I'm hoping you are able to read this while you are still at the hotel. I would like to discuss any issues you are having in person, so I can try and prove to you we are better than you discribe in your review. I will try to locate you here at the hotel. In the meantime, I apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

For being a Lake Buena Vista(Disney Property) hotel this was sad. Run down, old, dank. The room is plain nothing room with no exposed outlets(modern electronics I guess haven't been considered here yet). The bathroom was the biggest disappointment, it had cheap consumer grade fixtures that looked like someone ran down to home depot to pick them up. The facet handle barely worked, took 2 hands to move it or adjust the temperature. The shower controls felt like they were about to fall off....But even better the water temperature fluctuated so wildly that it went from freezing to burning hot no matter where you set it.

I burned Expedia points to get a hotel coupon to stay here, worst travel mistake I have made in a long time...

Room Tip: Don't stay here is you plan on taking a shower
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review your stay, even though it seems we did not meet your expectations. We will use your comments as a way to hopefully inprove, so future guests might enjoy their stay. I apologize for yours not being up to our normal standards.
MIke

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visited this hotel during the holiday season to enjoy Disney World. We are always looking for the best balance of being close to the Disney action and saving money for things other than a hotel cost. The Best Western was fantastic. The rooms were spacious and the beds were fantastic. I have three kids and it was so nice to be in a bed where I could fall asleep quickly knowing the kids would wake us up earlier than we like. As for convenience, the hotel is as practically on property near the Downtown Disney area. Honestly, if you are driving to a park, you will probably get there just as quickly from this location as you would on Disney property. The cost was very reasonable and the hotel had all the basic amenities you would want in a value hotel. It's not a posh resort by any means, but for the cost conscience family that wants to be near Disney, it's probably the best value we've gotten and we've been going there every year for about 15 years.

Room Tip: If you get a room higher up, you can get a view of Downtown Disney and even see the fireworks at Epc...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Hi.
Thanks for taking the time too let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really appreciate it ans look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was unable to regulate the thermostat in my room, and despite two trips to the front desk no one ever came to fix it. The fan was also blowing loudly the entire time, throwing freezing cold air into the room. I had to keep the balcony door wide open to draw in some heat from outside.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hello, and than you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize that the room temperature was not to your liking. I will follow up with the engineering dept, so hopefully we can help the next guest enjoy a comfotable temperature setting. We hope to see you again soon.
Mike.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Best Western Premier Saratoga Resort Villas
Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee
Terra Verde Resort
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 64 in Kissimmee

Been to Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area? Share your experiences!