3,350 results
All reviewsdisney springsthe buspizza hutbreakfast buffetlake buena vistashuttle servicemagic kingdombeds were comfortablegift shopfree shuttletime sharefireworksbalconybwparkslbvtransportation
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stay in Bestwesterns primarily in both Canada and the US for business and leisure, currently as a Platinum Rewards member, after my next stay I will be Diamond Rewards member. The BW is a great brand, I stay at the Hilton if there is no BW available in the area. This BW is not like any other I have stayed in and I think its because its based in the Disney complex. I'm not too concerned with the Hotel 'fee' people are talking about, its things like having to pay $10 per night for a Refrigerator or $20 for a Microwave in your room, these are items I take for granted at every other Bestwestern I have stayed in and also other hotels such as the Hilton chain that I use when a BW isn't available. I am not sure why these items are additional costs to your room but with these extra costs alone for items that are common place in other Hotels. After speaking to Katia at the front desk and mentioning my Platinum Rewards level, she upgraded my room to a Disney View and also has a fridge and microwave in it, so I'm hoping that I don't get billed for the fride I asked for in my original room since I should have been upgraded originally. As a hotel, the lobby is nice, nothing grand unlike others I have stayed at which considering this is a 'Resort' I would expect more (check out Bestwestern Fernie, BC, Canada....that's a resort). The rooms are average, the same set up as other low-budget BW's I have come across, its the little things that bother me, such as draw handles falling off or loose, the fridge missing shelving or not sitting stable, the little things that you don't expect to see when staying at one of the worlds best known Hotel chains. This is a nice hotel, it is outdated and needs to be modernized, especially since this is very much a high occupancy tourist hotel, its a great location but will I return here next year for our family holiday..........we'll see if I stay here or a different Bestwestern in Orlando.

Room Tip: Disney Views are on the West side if thats what your keen on.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kiwionarope
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We will use your comments as a training oportunity to hopefully improve and make future guest stays a magical experience. Please contact me directly if you decide to come back.
Mike

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week last year. Our room was spacious but furnishings were quite old and dated. We had a room facing the main road and highway, hence it was quite noisy even with the windows closed at night. The hotel charges a Resort fee as a way for covering up the "free" shuttle costs to the surrounding theme parks and also for its' miscellaneous expenses. Breakfast quantity was ample and there were various selections to choose from. There's a supermarket located not too far away and some restaurants too if you fancy taking a longer walk. Overall we found this a reasonably priced hotel of average quality.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Hello.
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time, and know that we listen to all comments both good and bad, and use them as a way to constantly look for ways to deliver a superior guest experience. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Disney area, and hope it is real soon.
Mike

Reviewed April 29, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at theBest western. We had stayed there once before and were so pleased with it that we chose to stay there on our family vacation. The entire staff was always curtious and helpful. We would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hello, and thank you for review of your recent stay. I'm so glad everything was to your satisfaction. We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Here for 3 nights for a business conference at a nearby hotel that was full. First impression of the place was that it was near empty when I checked in (middle of the week). Still, that made it nice and quiet. A fine lobby, and clean room, and decent housekeeping, but the room itself could use new carpet as it was stained and had a bit of a funk blast when the room was first opened up. I do like fresh air, and having a sliding door out to balcony was great. I had a fridge but no microwave. Literature in the room discussed an in-room safe but it did not exist. I had a blinking voice message (later found to be from the "attractions" desk ) but none of the in room literature or phone placards indicated the correct way to access voice mail, which I got by calling the front desk. The wifi signal was strong. For those who would want to swim, the pool was NOT heated...it would have been OK in the middle of the day but not in the late afternoon or evenings. I was here for business so it was just a bit annoying. If I had come here for a family vacation with kids, that would about be a dealbreaker, so if this is important to you, check with the management. This hotel is in a good location for those who like to walk: about a half mile to a shopping center with supermarket and fast food, and about a half a mile to the Disney Downtown free access food/fun area. This hotel is in the row of 6 or 8 Disney-centric hotels. The sidewalks are all nicely landscaped, separate from the boulevard, and lighted/safe walking at night, and no signs of hanging out/overt crime etc as it all seems pretty sanitized. My big quibble with this hotel, or any hotel, is the RESORT FEE. I came here knowing it was a part of the setup for this hotel, but it is just a way to show a lower room rate while still extracting an extra 10 dollars a night from each guest. There were no extra resort things given to me here for that fee, compared to what you'd get from a nice motel by an interstate in say Iowa (whose motel pool would be heated, cough...). I do understand the Disney tie in and the demographic here. I just call on Best Western to revisit the concept of a resort fee as it is not in line with BW's usual/straightforward way of doing business. Local Hotel Management- please give some extra attention to the carpet condition, funk blasts, and that literature/instructions in the room match what is actually present, thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elby C

Hello.
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and concerns, and will follow up with the appropriate people in hopes to make things better for future guests. As for the resort fee that you mentioned, it is a fee in lieu of charging for things like self parking(which all the other area hotels charge for in additon to a higher resort fee), wifi, which other hotels charge for, shuttles buses to the Disney parks, etc. We have made a strong effort in recent years to keep our fee the lowest, while not charging for parking.
We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.