3,370 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share fireworks balcony bw parks lbv transportation
Reviewed April 29, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at theBest western. We had stayed there once before and were so pleased with it that we chose to stay there on our family vacation. The entire staff was always curtious and helpful. We would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hello, and thank you for review of your recent stay. I'm so glad everything was to your satisfaction. We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Here for 3 nights for a business conference at a nearby hotel that was full. First impression of the place was that it was near empty when I checked in (middle of the week). Still, that made it nice and quiet. A fine lobby, and clean room, and decent housekeeping, but the room itself could use new carpet as it was stained and had a bit of a funk blast when the room was first opened up. I do like fresh air, and having a sliding door out to balcony was great. I had a fridge but no microwave. Literature in the room discussed an in-room safe but it did not exist. I had a blinking voice message (later found to be from the "attractions" desk ) but none of the in room literature or phone placards indicated the correct way to access voice mail, which I got by calling the front desk. The wifi signal was strong. For those who would want to swim, the pool was NOT heated...it would have been OK in the middle of the day but not in the late afternoon or evenings. I was here for business so it was just a bit annoying. If I had come here for a family vacation with kids, that would about be a dealbreaker, so if this is important to you, check with the management. This hotel is in a good location for those who like to walk: about a half mile to a shopping center with supermarket and fast food, and about a half a mile to the Disney Downtown free access food/fun area. This hotel is in the row of 6 or 8 Disney-centric hotels. The sidewalks are all nicely landscaped, separate from the boulevard, and lighted/safe walking at night, and no signs of hanging out/overt crime etc as it all seems pretty sanitized. My big quibble with this hotel, or any hotel, is the RESORT FEE. I came here knowing it was a part of the setup for this hotel, but it is just a way to show a lower room rate while still extracting an extra 10 dollars a night from each guest. There were no extra resort things given to me here for that fee, compared to what you'd get from a nice motel by an interstate in say Iowa (whose motel pool would be heated, cough...). I do understand the Disney tie in and the demographic here. I just call on Best Western to revisit the concept of a resort fee as it is not in line with BW's usual/straightforward way of doing business. Local Hotel Management- please give some extra attention to the carpet condition, funk blasts, and that literature/instructions in the room match what is actually present, thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elby C

Hello.
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and concerns, and will follow up with the appropriate people in hopes to make things better for future guests. As for the resort fee that you mentioned, it is a fee in lieu of charging for things like self parking(which all the other area hotels charge for in additon to a higher resort fee), wifi, which other hotels charge for, shuttles buses to the Disney parks, etc. We have made a strong effort in recent years to keep our fee the lowest, while not charging for parking.
We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was surprised at the good condition of the room. I think the breakfast could be upgraded but other than that, I would recommend this facility very highly. We were able to see the fireworks from our 5th floor balcony. I liked being close to the village and visited the stores there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi
Thanks for telling us you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and that you took the time to tell us. We hope to see you again soon.
Mike

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I visited here in early April 2013. For myself and a 4 and 5 yr old. Although the rooms were clean, the TV did not work, and come on by itself mid night while we were sleeping. It was rather cool when we visited , and the thermostat did not work. I turned it up because we were cold , and it took a bit but when the thermostat was sat on 90, and the room kept getting cooler, I finally realized that it was blowing cold air into the room. I called the front desk and gave up after the phone rang more than 30 times. I turned the thermostat to off position and we spent a cold uncomfortable night. With the two young ones sleeping I could not go down to front lobby. NO one was at the pizza place nor at the restaurant. The desk said both were open and the staff was found sitting at a table in the back of the restaurant, probably a well deserved break, but the restaurants should have been covered or had a sign up stating when they would return. This is not a place I will return when I need to stay overnight at Disney. Not at all up to par for a Disney Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank yayajudy

Thank you for your review. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each guest stay an enjoyable one at a good value. We seemed to have fallen short of that goal with you. We will use your comments as a learning opportunity in hopes of improving future guest stays. Thank you again and I hope you consider giving us another try in the future.