3,366 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share fireworks balcony bw parks lbv transportation
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent the weekend at this hotel. This hotel was within walking distance to Downtown Disney.Only bad thing was we could not find parking at Downtown Disney and we left after 30 minutes of trying. It may be best to just walk. The hotel it's self is also convenient to Epcot. Our check in was fast and efficient and we asked to see the fireworks and the lady was nice and put us in a room on the 5th floor facing Epcot and it was perfect. The room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. The shower had good water pressure and had hot water. We had a balcony to sit out on and enjoy the evening. The food was very expensive at the hotel and there are many other places are all within walking distance that are cheaper and good. There is a mall with a grocery store and many chain restaurants nearby. We did not get to enjoy any of the amenities of the hotel as we spent our time at the parks and by the time we got back late in the evening we were to tired. There is a resort fee of 10.00 per day added to the bill. Overall I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night as part of a conference. It’s much nicer than what you would expect from a Best Western, say along I-95. On the other hand, it’s more expensive than those as well.
A lot of it is what you would expect from a hotel on Disney property. Lots of families, plenty of noise. Hotel amenities are limited, presumably on the supposition that most people will be spending their time in the theme parks, not the hotel.
The basics are there: sundries/gift shop, restaurant, bar, pool. But the sole restaurant shuts down for part of the day. So if you want to check in mid-afternoon and get a bite to eat, you’re out of luck.
The bar is tiny.
Grounds and rooms are well maintained. No complaints.
Location is minutes away from Downtown Disney. You could walk it, depending on how up you are for a little walk. You’re right at the edge of Disney property, so if you walk in the other direction, you’ll very quickly hit a cluster of restaurants/strip shopping centers and the like that have built right up to the edge of Disney’s land.
Buses serve the theme parks. One thing to note if you have your own car: If you stay in a Disney-owned hotel, your parking at the theme parks is free. If you stay at a non-Disney hotel, even those on Disney property, you pay. So if you’re thinking about the Best Western at $120 a night and comparing it to one of Disney’s All-Star hotels on the lower scale (really more like huge motels) or a Caribbean Beach/Coronado Springs (pretty nice for a little more), don’t forget to figure in $15 or so parking every day you go to a theme park.
Another thing to note about the Best Western: What they call the upgrade is “Theme park view.’’ I guess it’s better than looking at I-4, but I wouldn’t pay extra for the theme park view. It’s not like you see Cinderella’s Castle. If you look off in the distance to the left, you can see Spaceship Earth in Epcot. If you look straight out in the distance, you can see the Contemporary hotel. But really, it’s just a lot of flat landscape with these two recognizable shapes in the distance. Hardly worth any extra money unless you’re going to spend a lot of time on your balcony and really don’t want to look at I-4.
All in all, for my purposes, it was fine. Front desk was efficient and friendly. But if I was shopping for myself and not part of a conference group, I’m not sure it would be my first choice at that price.

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay extra for "theme park view.''
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank royayn
Reviewed March 15, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Great for Disney and the bus will take you to all Disney parks. The bus will also take you to downtown Disney. You can eat, shop and see shows. You can see fire works to. You can park ticket at the hotel

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's more like a former three-star trying desperate not to slip, and not quite succeeding. Stayed three nights in March 2013, paid 355 through Hotwire's take-a-chance deal which showed Disney's Caribbean Resort as an example of the type available in the category, and lemme tell you, the BW's nothing like the Caribbean Resort. Positives: location on the resort row leading to Downtown Disney, which makes it 'on property.' Staff VERY welcoming and pleasant and helpful. Basic cleanliness good. Free Wi-fi good enough to stream movies. Free parking. Negatives: very dated, signs of wear (cracks in bathroom tiles, slow elevators, etc.). "Resort fee" of $11 tacked on. You'll pay extra for a king bed, fridge, or microwave. No charge for a rollaway but the mattress is so thin you can see the hard springs through it -- no one but an exhausted toddler could sleep on it. The regular beds in the room are quite comfortable.

I came home after a day in the parks and my room hadn't been cleaned, despite a "Please Clean Room" sign. The manager said that the staff couldn't read the sign. After I asked whether they could be trained to identify the blue side from the white side, he admitted "I got no excuse" and gave me a $20 credit on my bill. !!

We didn't have as good an experience with the park shuttle as other reviewers. Longer waits, less dependable times than others have reported. $13 breakfast buffet that's just okay, a tiny Pizza Hut concession with breakfast sandwiches, pastries, coffee, beverages, and some lunch/dinner offerings. They have an expensive room service menu, but on two different nights we could not get through to them despite trying for two hours. There's are restaurants and a Goodings grocery store about a 15-minute walk away, but they also have their prices jacked up.

After all charges, I paid about 133 a night. For spring break time, short notice, this is not bad for on-property, but a friend got the same rate booking directly with them that I got through Hotwire, which I don't think I'll ever use again. I'd rather book farther ahead and off-season and stay in one of the lower-end Disney resorts for a newer property with more features, even if it would be about 50 more.

Room Tip: You can overlook the highway, or Disney, but I think you pay more for the latter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family