3,363 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share fireworks balcony bw parks lbv transportation
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here two nights to do Disney. I have mixed feelings about it.

Pros
• Good price
• Reasonably comfy beds/pillow
• Clean remote – comes in a little bag that says it’s clean
• Free wi-fi
• Mirror outside bathroom so one person can shower while the other fixes their hair and not get steamed out
• Free shuttles to Disney every 30 minutes

Cons
• Yucky bathrooms. I would not put my bare feet on the bathroom floor. It was not pretty. Also the vent near the shower had so much mold growth on it.
• Slow elevators. Extremely slow. We waited 10-15 minutes one time and had couldn’t get in two elevators that stopped because they were so full.
• Continental breakfast. You get a glass of OJ, coffee, 1 roll (either a stale bagel or Danish that doesn’t look appetizing), 1 pre-packed cereal (all sugar cereals that only kids eat i.e fruit loops) and a piece of fruit. It wasn’t all that great. The ones at Hampton’s, etc are so much better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank comingtoyourcity
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I'm sorry about the time share experience you went through, but am glad to hear that was the only part of your stay that was negative. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently spent three nights at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel in celebration of my daughter's 29th birthday. We had a wonderful time. The room (actually the entire hotel!) was clean and quiet, the beds were so comfy, the view was spectacular - and the service was outstanding. The grounds around the hotel are immaculate, and it was lovely to sit outside in the morning and enjoy a cup of coffee in the midst of the gardens. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet two mornings - and our waiter "Mr. Moe" was wonderful! It was great to be able to walk out the front door and catch whatever bus we needed for that day's adventure. I am looking forward to return to this hotel when my husband and I take a mini-vaca in the spring.

1  Thank Yaya1979

Thank you so much for your nice comments about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind words to the staff, and we all are looking forward to you coming back to visit us.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I always stay here for our Disney weekend getaways. Sadly, this time the staff wasn't as friendly as other times. There isn't any room service after 11pm, so be sure to stock up. The buses to and from the Disney parks were not always on time, but we didn't mind since they're free. This is a great place to stay since it's inside the Disney Shuttle system. The breakfast buffet is a little too expensive for my taste, there should be a bit more variety. Great value, great location. We will return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OlgyRodz13

Hello.
Thank you for taking time to let us know how you felt about your recent stay with us. I apologize for my staff not seeming to be friendly. I will be sure too pass on your feelings, so we may improve in that area. We hope to see again soon. Thanks again. We appreciate it.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was quite impressed with this hotel during our stay. The affordable rates were an added bonus! It is in the downtown Disney location and if leaving the hotel turn right, you will head towards downtown Disney. If you turn left there is about a 10min walk to Goodings (24hr grocery store) and numerous restaurants, fast food chains etc.

Our group consisted of 3 adults and we stayed in a 2 queen bedroom that had the Disney fireworks view. We paid the rate upfront on their website and received a 20% discount, which I think is a great idea! Our room came with a fridge and microwave. If the room you have doesn’t, then I would highly recommend renting the fridge and microwave. We stayed for 7 nights and would eat breakfast in our room, keeping milk in the fridge along with any leftovers we had. By doing this we definitely saved money from eating out all day, every day.

To be quite honest I think the firework view rooms are just ok…. It was nice to sit out on our balcony each morning eating breakfast, admiring the view. But we found that most nights we were too tired to sit out and watch the fireworks, plus we found seeing them once was enough and often would forget to watch them.

The hotel have a taxi service which they use and it has a set rate. We paid $35 for a oneway trip to Florida Mall, $60 for roundtrip to Universal Studios and then $120 for a day trip to Gatorland and Outlet shops on international drive. I have mixed feelings as to whether we got ripped off with their price or not. It was convenient to know in advance the amount you needed to pay and know that if stuck in traffic it wouldn’t make a difference to the price. EG/ we used the hotel taxi to Florida Mall- were quoted $35 o/w or $60 return. I assumed that they were ripping us off and said we will find another way back to the hotel after we got there. When going back to the hotel that evening it ended up costing us $45 in a meares taxi. After realising that it would have been cheaper to have stayed with the hotel taxi, we decided to keep on using them. But in saying that I think $120 for our day trip to Gatorland and the Outlet Mall was a bit high!!

The maids did a lovely job and were very friendly. The maid for our room Doreen was very sweet! We often saw her in the mornings before we left and she was always so happy. I did feel very sorry for her having to clean our room—IT WAS A MESS from 3 girls staying there! But she did a great job every day.

We found the Disney shuttle buses very convenient, running every 30mins! As the hotel is the first pickup, we always got a seat and with the hotel being the first drop off it meant less time on the bus after a long day! We also found that when leaving Disney, if we just missed our bus, think it was route B? then we would just hop on bus A and get off at the hotel opposite BW and cross the road at the traffic lights back. Not quite sure if we were allowed to do this. But the bus drivers never asked to see any evidence that we were guests at any of the hotels on the route.
I would definitely stay at the hotel in the future, it met all of our needs and was a great affordable option.

Room Tip: Chose a room with fridge and microwave. Or pay extra for those items to rent as it is definitely worth it. Especially if staying for a week.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sl1910

Hi.
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time, and are happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon.