3,363 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share fireworks balcony bw parks lbv transportation
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was quite impressed with this hotel during our stay. The affordable rates were an added bonus! It is in the downtown Disney location and if leaving the hotel turn right, you will head towards downtown Disney. If you turn left there is about a 10min walk to Goodings (24hr grocery store) and numerous restaurants, fast food chains etc.

Our group consisted of 3 adults and we stayed in a 2 queen bedroom that had the Disney fireworks view. We paid the rate upfront on their website and received a 20% discount, which I think is a great idea! Our room came with a fridge and microwave. If the room you have doesn’t, then I would highly recommend renting the fridge and microwave. We stayed for 7 nights and would eat breakfast in our room, keeping milk in the fridge along with any leftovers we had. By doing this we definitely saved money from eating out all day, every day.

To be quite honest I think the firework view rooms are just ok…. It was nice to sit out on our balcony each morning eating breakfast, admiring the view. But we found that most nights we were too tired to sit out and watch the fireworks, plus we found seeing them once was enough and often would forget to watch them.

The hotel have a taxi service which they use and it has a set rate. We paid $35 for a oneway trip to Florida Mall, $60 for roundtrip to Universal Studios and then $120 for a day trip to Gatorland and Outlet shops on international drive. I have mixed feelings as to whether we got ripped off with their price or not. It was convenient to know in advance the amount you needed to pay and know that if stuck in traffic it wouldn’t make a difference to the price. EG/ we used the hotel taxi to Florida Mall- were quoted $35 o/w or $60 return. I assumed that they were ripping us off and said we will find another way back to the hotel after we got there. When going back to the hotel that evening it ended up costing us $45 in a meares taxi. After realising that it would have been cheaper to have stayed with the hotel taxi, we decided to keep on using them. But in saying that I think $120 for our day trip to Gatorland and the Outlet Mall was a bit high!!

The maids did a lovely job and were very friendly. The maid for our room Doreen was very sweet! We often saw her in the mornings before we left and she was always so happy. I did feel very sorry for her having to clean our room—IT WAS A MESS from 3 girls staying there! But she did a great job every day.

We found the Disney shuttle buses very convenient, running every 30mins! As the hotel is the first pickup, we always got a seat and with the hotel being the first drop off it meant less time on the bus after a long day! We also found that when leaving Disney, if we just missed our bus, think it was route B? then we would just hop on bus A and get off at the hotel opposite BW and cross the road at the traffic lights back. Not quite sure if we were allowed to do this. But the bus drivers never asked to see any evidence that we were guests at any of the hotels on the route.
I would definitely stay at the hotel in the future, it met all of our needs and was a great affordable option.

Room Tip: Chose a room with fridge and microwave. Or pay extra for those items to rent as it is definitely worth it. Especially if staying for a week.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sl1910
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Hi.
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time, and are happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great stay will come back .great price and big clean rooms, buses to all disney parks and all the people working here are helpful . The bar is very big and drinks are good . They have a small store inside the lobby and the workers are happy to wait on you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank biggator31
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I were planning a trip to Disney for 6 nights. We are from Fort Lauderdale and It is only about three hours to get there. We even payed extra money in the hotel to be on the "disney" side so that we can see the fireworks from our balcony. When we checked in, I asked if there was a fridge in the room. We were told that it would be an extra $10.00 a night. REALLY....finally the manager comped a refridgerator. When we walked into the room I have to say it was not we expected. Dark and very adverage. We walked out on the patio(I was unable to open the sliding glass door because the track was all rusted. My husband finally got it open and the view of Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks at night was nice. This night is was 46 degrees outside. To people from Ft. Lauderdale we were freezing. We attempted to turn heat on and it would not work. Next morning we mentioned this to the people at the front desk and when we got back to the room, it was a sauna. Back downstairs and spoke with the manager. Are you ready for this....."IT IS AN OLD AC SYSTEM AND YOU NEED TO CHOOSE IF YOU WANT HEAT OR A/C. HE WENT ON SAYING THAT EACH TIME WE WANT TO CHANGE SETTINGS, HE WILL SEND SOMEONE UP TO THE ROOM TO SWITCH THE VALVE FROM HOT TO COLD, OR COLD TO HOT. Is this not 2013? It was late by this time so the heat stayed on in the room and the sliding glass door open to circulate some cold air. The next morning before we went to breakfast, the door to the closet came off the track and almost hit me.(save your money..the hotel restaurant was also terrible). That was it. I called the travel agent and insisted that he gets us out of there. By early afternoon we checked out and were moved to another wonderful clean and beautiful hotel. I will never look at a BEST Western hotel again.

Room Tip: Just stay away. There are much better options there. If you have a car take it to parks. The "shuttle" there takes forever.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jacqui A

Hello.
I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent unsatisfactory stay with us. We strive to give each guest a clean, comfortable, affordable room, with great service. We obviously failed with your stay. If you would ever consider giving us another chance please call the hotel, and ask for Mike. I would like to talk to you about your past and hopefully future stay. Again, i apologize for your dissatisfaction.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and the staff were very friendly and the rooms very clean. The hotel is under renovation but it didn't bother us and the crew working on the outside were very courteous. The beds were comfortable and even though the bathroom is a little dated it was clean. The only real issue with this hotel is the $10.00 resort fee, this is a hotel not a resort. We have stayed in resorts before and there is nothing resort like about this hotel. There no refrigerators in the rooms you have to rent them. You would think that a resort would have them in the rooms at no extra charge since you are already charging a resort fee. The location is great to all the attractions and they do have a shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Before checking into the Saratoga Treehouses at Disney we stayed at the Best Western across from Downtown Disney, the room was large and very clean, reasonably priced for the area, and the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends